Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

33 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I know it's only approx times but are Shikari really going to get a 1.5 hrs set?, defo think that extra 15 mins given to them will be spread out through the rest.

It's a WATO and WTSR clash for me but there was always going to be one and I saw them at 2000 Trees anyway. Overall though The Key Club stage is shite compared to last year.

Their set throughout the US tour was an hour and a half so I'd assume that it'll be the same for Slam Dunk.
That Neck Deep/Shikari clash is a killer, I'm hoping that stage does finish early to prevent that clash!

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

The Casey/Seaway clash is the worst clash for me by far, although i wanted to see all the headliners except MMF so that also kinda sucks :lol:

That's a bit shit that. Can't wait for Slam Dunk to retweet stuff like "Stop complaining about clashes! Means that they booked loads of good bands"

19 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Nope he got none of the impericon stage. Those 4 are playing the signature brew stage 

They've really fucked up my day haha

Yeah I saw that but I fucked up the clashfinder so I went back to that rather than clarify a stage. But he did get the run of Citizen -> Frank Iero -> The Bronx -> Against Me! (which I was right about Against Me! should have stuck to my guns rather than back down to Gazza :lol:

1 minute ago, justanothername said:

Yeah I saw that but I fucked up the clashfinder so I went back to that rather than clarify a stage. But he did get the run of Citizen -> Frank Iero -> The Bronx -> Against Me! (which I was right about Against Me! should have stuck to my guns rather than back down to Gazza :lol:

You should have but it doesn't mean it makes anymore sense.

Don Broco fair but it was too clear there was going to be a big clash for some on here. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

'Secret Special Guests'. Any guesses? Can't be that big if that's where they're playing. 

My day looks like: 

Fenix TX > Crossfaith > Milk Teeth > Beartooth > Seaway > Don Broco > Enter Shikari

And I don't even like Crossfaith or Beartooth, really. 

Not a fan of Boston Manor or Citizen? Would have thought they would have been your thing. Also if you're not bothered by Crossfaith honestly listen to Sorority Noise, if you like Modern Baseball and Brand New they're are definitely worth a listen. I think you'll really enjoy them and if you're crazy and don't like it try Trophy Eyes. I'm gutted to miss them but I love Sorority Noise and the new album is amazing. Also with Beartooth maybe Turnover. Not sure if you'll like them but I love them and they were great supporting Moose Blood and I can't wait to see them again

14 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Not a fan of Boston Manor or Citizen? Would have thought they would have been your thing. Also if you're not bothered by Crossfaith honestly listen to Sorority Noise, if you like Modern Baseball and Brand New they're are definitely worth a listen. I think you'll really enjoy them and if you're crazy and don't like it try Trophy Eyes. I'm gutted to miss them but I love Sorority Noise and the new album is amazing. Also with Beartooth maybe Turnover. Not sure if you'll like them but I love them and they were great supporting Moose Blood and I can't wait to see them again

Boston Manor are quite decent, but I've never bonded with Citizen. I'll check out Sorority Noise, though! Crossfaith are a fantastic live band but I just don't like their music. 

*edit* 

Sorority Noise are the 'A Portrait Of' guys! Yes I'll definitely be seeing them. Thanks, dude :D 

Edited by Andre91

16 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Seems an odd strategy for a festival that Festival Republic have begun aggressively competing with. 

Well they're not doing a good job of it. They've just pulled all the shittist bands from slam dunk line ups and shoved them on a stage together.

Slam dunk knows it's audience too well for download to take it. Shikari and neck deep are about as far apart stylistically as any 2 bands on the bill. They're both popular and will draw headliner sized crowds. Of course they should be split up, there's not enough space if everyone at the festival all went to see the same band. 

11 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Well they're not doing a good job of it. They've just pulled all the shittist bands from slam dunk line ups and shoved them on a stage together.

Slam dunk knows it's audience too well for download to take it. Shikari and neck deep are about as far apart stylistically as any 2 bands on the bill. They're both popular and will draw headliner sized crowds. Of course they should be split up, there's not enough space if everyone at the festival all went to see the same band. 

All the shit bands? Four Year Strong, The Story So Far and Every Time I Die all play SD last year. They certainly aren't shit :P there's more I want to see on that Avalanche Stage than Slam Dunk, especially now the stage splits are out. If it wasn't for Enter Shikari playing TTTS I wouldn't be arsed about going anymore, really. 

Edited by Andre91

24 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

I think Download are testing the waters. If this new thing works for them this year then they'll be more aggressive next year. I'd say they did a pretty good job of it this year as you saw loads of comments on Slam Dunk's FB posts about lineup announcements where people were asking them to book the bands Download had. Time will tell how well it goes down at Download this year as it may well flop and theyll give up on it. 

Don't forget that for the last 2 years running Slam Dunk's FB and Twitter has been flooded with complaints about queues and that after the festival. If they have that again this year then it wont look good really. 

19 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

All the shit bands? Four Year Strong, The Story So Far and Every Time I Die all play SD last year. They certainly aren't shit :P there's more I want to see on that Avalanche Stage than Slam Dunk, especially now the stage splits are out. If it wasn't for Enter Shikari playing TTTS I wouldn't be arsed about going anymore, really. 

To be fair the 3 bands you listed are literally the only three bands I want to see on that avalanche stage :P and I saw them last year at slam dunk and don't want them booking the same bands every year. 

Theres too many bands I want to see at slam dunk this year, just like most years to be fair. 

1 minute ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I think Download are testing the waters. If this new thing works for them this year then they'll be more aggressive next year. I'd say they did a pretty good job of it this year as you saw loads of comments on Slam Dunk's FB posts about lineup announcements where people were asking them to book the bands Download had. Time will tell how well it goes down at Download this year as it may well flop and theyll give up on it. 

Don't forget that for the last 2 years running Slam Dunk's FB and Twitter has been flooded with complaints about queues and that after the festival. If they have that again this year then it wont look good really. 

Fair point, although people moaning about queues need to think logically. What did they think would happen? I see so many people turn up ten minutes before a band is due on and expect to get in a stage that holds 200 people to see creeper. Mental. 

17 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

To be fair the 3 bands you listed are literally the only three bands I want to see on that avalanche stage :P and I saw them last year at slam dunk and don't want them booking the same bands every year. 

Theres too many bands I want to see at slam dunk this year, just like most years to be fair. 

Oh, really :P ? I would definitely recommend Code Orange, Touché Amoré and Grove Street Families. 

I also saw FYS and TSSF at SD last year but can't wait to see them again. Slam Dunk is slim pickings for me this year with the likely clashes. 

25 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

TBF Download have just booked 75% of the better smaller acts from Slam Dunk last year but it's worked out better than it was looking for me.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Boston Manor are quite decent, but I've never bonded with Citizen. I'll check out Sorority Noise, though! Crossfaith are a fantastic live band but I just don't like their music. 

*edit* 

Sorority Noise are the 'A Portrait Of' guys! Yes I'll definitely be seeing them. Thanks, dude :D 

Same here with Citizen, I think they're just a Title Fight knock off really but there is nothing else on so I'll probably see them. Yeah Sorority Noise are sick. Just listen to all of their stuff. Great band and a great addition to the line up

Anyway I'm agreeing with lighting here. Slam Dunk is doing a far better job for me than DL. Saw most of the bands I want to see fairly recently and for the others I presume they're going to announce tours fairly soon after DL so I'm not bothered.

19 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Oh, really :P ? I would definitely recommend Code Orange, Touché Amoré and Grove Street Families. 

I also saw FYS and TSSF at SD last year but can't wait to see them again. Slam Dunk is slim pickings for me this year with the likely clashes. 

I do not like that code orange album everyone is banging on about. I'm usually with the TNM guys on most things but that album sounds like someone banging 2 dustbin lids together with a pixies rip off thrown onto it randomly. 

I like touches more but I'd rather see them at their own show. That new album as amazing as it is isn't something I want to see at a festival, it's completely the wrong setting for me. Didn't realise gsf were playing. So four bands haha

Just now, lightning1000 said:

I do not like that code orange album everyone is banging on about. I'm usually with the TNM guys on most things but that album sounds like someone banging 2 dustbin lids together with a pixies rip off thrown onto it randomly. 

I like touches more but I'd rather see them at their own show. That new album as amazing as it is isn't something I want to see at a festival, it's completely the wrong setting for me. Didn't realise gsf were playing. So four bands haha

Oh really? I adore that Code Orange album. Although I've never heard the Pixies thing until you've just said now :lol: 

They're not on the Avalanche Stage, but Casey are a brilliant little band. Their album is excellent. Although they're also at Slam Dunk! 

42 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Fair point, although people moaning about queues need to think logically. What did they think would happen? I see so many people turn up ten minutes before a band is due on and expect to get in a stage that holds 200 people to see creeper. Mental. 

I don't think it's an unfair expectation for people, especially young kids who have no experience at Slam Dunk or any other festivals (possibly even any other gigs) to go to a festival and expect to see every band they want to see (clashes permitting) without having to spend half an hour queuing to get into a stage, or in some cases, get up stairs or down stairs where there are various stages on either end. 

Just now, Andre91 said:

Oh really? I adore that Code Orange album. Although I've never heard the Pixies thing until you've just said now :lol: 

They're not on the Avalanche Stage, but Casey are a brilliant little band. Their album is excellent. Although they're also at Slam Dunk! 

Yeah I like Casey but I'd have to see who they clashed with as my day is pretty full. 

Against Me! are top of my list as they've been one of my favourite bands for about 10 years and I've not caught them on this cycle yet. 

Then puppy and milk teeth as they were both so good on that creeper tour I need to see them again whilst they're still playing all these songs.

stray from the path are the best heavy band on this bill I reckon. They're definitely the only band I want to watch on the impericon stage anyway haha

Just now, lightning1000 said:

Yeah I like Casey but I'd have to see who they clashed with as my day is pretty full. 

Against Me! are top of my list as they've been one of my favourite bands for about 10 years and I've not caught them on this cycle yet. 

Then puppy and milk teeth as they were both so good on that creeper tour I need to see them again whilst they're still playing all these songs.

stray from the path are the best heavy band on this bill I reckon. They're definitely the only band I want to watch on the impericon stage anyway haha

I'm pretty bummed out that Against Me! are clashing with Shikari. I was so up for seeing then. I missed Puppy on the Creeper tour, but they're playing Leeds and I know they will be clash free so I'm planning on seeing them there. I'm wanting to catch Fenix TX to kick the day off :P Milk Teeth were superb supporting Creeper, though, so I will definitely be watching them again. 100% agree on Stray From, they're a great band. I just hope they don't clash with anyone I want to see. 

1 minute ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I don't think it's an unfair expectation for people, especially young kids who have no experience at Slam Dunk or any other festivals (possibly even any other gigs) to go to a festival and expect to see every band they want to see (clashes permitting) without having to spend half an hour queuing to get into a stage, or in some cases, get up stairs or down stairs where there are various stages on either end. 

I guess young kids maybe yeah. But it pops up in the T&C's when you purchase your ticket and venue capacity etc. 

Although some of what you're describing I'm guessing is an issue relating to a different site than north? It's all spread out across the top of the city centre and they release a map of everything before the festival so you can plan. 

Maybe it's just that I'm a bit older than most attendees so it's just obvious to me to plan ahead and think logically about venue capacity etc 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I'm pretty bummed out that Against Me! are clashing with Shikari. I was so up for seeing then. I missed Puppy on the Creeper tour, but they're playing Leeds and I know they will be clash free so I'm planning on seeing them there. I'm wanting to catch Fenix TX to kick the day off :P Milk Teeth were superb supporting Creeper, though, so I will definitely be watching them again. 100% agree on Stray From, they're a great band. I just hope they don't clash with anyone I want to see. 

When you see puppy at Leeds you'll wish you saw them at slam dunk too bud haha. 

Although I quite like fenix tx from my younger days, it's not even close for me. I really wish I'd have bought a Birmingham ticket too now but it's too late to get anyone to go with to that one too