Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

10 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Tonight Alive went pop and got less attention than they were getting before. They're not going upwards on any line up. Shikari have probably reached their limits but I don't see them dropping.

Not a stance they are getting less attentional, more commercial will bring in are crowd that they didn't stretch out to before. Bands do it to push themselves higher.

They will drop, already been mentioned over the past year on there that they are slowly on their way and doing that last tour was fucking stupid on their part!

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Not a stance they are getting less attentional, more commercial will bring in are crowd that they didn't stretch out to before. Bands do it to push themselves higher.

They will drop, already been mentioned over the past year on there that they are slowly on their way and doing that last tour was fucking stupid on their part!

What a shit post. 

On 15/04/2017 at 9:03 PM, Gozpot said:

Turnover at 21.9%
Sorority Noise at 18.9%
Looks like i'll probably be heading in during the act before to be safe for both of those too.

If anyone else wants to know any specific acts let me know.

Alright cheers man. Think I'm gonna miss a bit of Like Pacific and Boston Manor then which isn't a problem since I'm not really a big fan of either. Or I might just start listening to Puppy and Crime in Stereo some more :P 

Also it Slam Dunk have announced their acoustic stage and have put it with the UPRAWR stage. So acoustic acts to start off then the UPRAWR DJs until 11pm. Also I think Slam Dunk do their acoustic stage poorly and should get some of the bands playing on the line up and have them do a second set.

18011083_1707273535949549_4520089661361037764_n.jpg?oh=a29e309a25b90aa64ace504ee1d0d160&oe=597D1F6E

EDIT: Just updated the clashfinder with this new stage and also odd that they go I Am the Avalanche and Night of You doing acoustic sets and not full band sets at all

Edited by justanothername

2 hours ago, justanothername said:

Alright cheers man. Think I'm gonna miss a bit of Like Pacific and Boston Manor then which isn't a problem since I'm not really a big fan of either. Or I might just start listening to Puppy and Crime in Stereo some more :P 

Definitely worth giving Puppy a listen, got a couple of solid EPs, saw them live supporting Creeper and they were great!

23 hours ago, justanothername said:

Also it Slam Dunk have announced their acoustic stage and have put it with the UPRAWR stage. So acoustic acts to start off then the UPRAWR DJs until 11pm. Also I think Slam Dunk do their acoustic stage poorly and should get some of the bands playing on the line up and have them do a second set.

18011083_1707273535949549_4520089661361037764_n.jpg?oh=a29e309a25b90aa64ace504ee1d0d160&oe=597D1F6E

EDIT: Just updated the clashfinder with this new stage and also odd that they go I Am the Avalanche and Night of You doing acoustic sets and not full band sets at all

I am the avalanche acoustic will just be the Singer from The Movielife with an acoustic guitar playing I am the avalanche songs.

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

Think there's a good chance we will get stage times in Kerrang next week.

Last year Kerrang revealed them on 27th April, next Wednesday will be the 26th.

Even if not in Kerrang, I'm expecting stage times next week.

Rock Sound were trailing an 'exclusive clashfinder' for the next issue, which I think is out next week anyway.

2 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Specials guests, Stage times and site maps coming on Monday according to the Facebook page

Oh even sooner then and I guess that confirms Bury Tomorrow then since their tour ends tomorrow. Not sure who else it could be. I'm not bothered by that but my mates love Bury Tomorrow and I may catch a bit of them just for the hell

Also I'll do a Clashfinder for North if a few of the bands have different times or placings (particularly on the Breakout stage)

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Oh even sooner then and I guess that confirms Bury Tomorrow then since their tour ends tomorrow. Not sure who else it could be. I'm not bothered by that but my mates love Bury Tomorrow and I may catch a bit of them just for the hell

Also I'll do a Clashfinder for North if a few of the bands have different times or placings (particularly on the Breakout stage)

When the stage times are announced we can just add two extra days to the current clashfinder like last years was (i think)

Bury Tomorrow are always great live so I'm looking forward to seeing them again. Stage times and maps are also out. Looks like the Old Bastards' stage is in the Arena in Leeds, so looks like I'll be starting the day with Puppy instead of Fenix TX as Sorority Noise and Milk Teeth are straight after Puppy on the same stage. 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Bury Tomorrow are always great live so I'm looking forward to seeing them again. Stage times and maps are also out. Looks like the Old Bastards' stage is in the Arena in Leeds, so looks like I'll be starting the day with Puppy instead of Fenix TX as Sorority Noise and Milk Teeth are straight after Puppy on the same stage. 

The logistics have made you make the right choice dude. 

Loling at the Sorority Noise/Casey/Trophy Eyes clash. Easily the worst one for me. But I'm gonna go for Sorority Noise and catch the end of Trophy Eyes if I can (hoping the Monster Energy stage is a similar set up to how it was last year even though it's in a different location). Then there aren't many clashes really after that. We Are The Ocean/WSTR is one but I'll be at WATO since it's their last shows. Think I'm gonna miss Bury Tomorrow as they overlap Boston Manor/Crime in Stereo and Turnover but not bothered by that really. 

Edited by justanothername

51 minutes ago, TapeRecorder said:

Sorority noise, Casey, Crossfaith and Trophy eyes clash. Thats rough

This is my worst one too, either going to be Casey or Crossfaith for me I think!

Day is looking something along the lines of Fenix TX/Like Pacific > Crossfaith/Casey > WSTR > Boston Manor > With Confidence > Bit of Beartooth/all of Citizen > Seaway > The Gospel Youth > some of Don Broco > Enter Shikari

All worked out quite well for me personally!