Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if they play, they will headline or at least co-headline as closers. On a positive note, this would mean that you supposedly dodged a bullet with another expensive crap dj headlining... but will  also mean that it's one step closer to have mumford and sons as the rockiest headliner :-p

6 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

Who is "They"

We already know who is headlining the last day, and it's not one but two crap DJ's.

Prodigy. My theory is based on the assumption that they won't book another overpriced dj(like avicii and guetta on the last 2 years) with 3 headlining electronic acts (ML, DV&LM, prodigy). But who knows?

Edited by neacaisa

The problem is with The Prodigy, as i've said on variations of this thread for years now, they'd be a very good band if it wasn't for the two idiots shouting over all the great music Liam Howlett makes. 

I'm sure we'll get The Prodigy this week- who will headline, The XX who will sub, and Mumford will be announced later.

Well you know yourself that what often happens is bands go and do the US and Canada late July-August and then come back to Europe. 

Weds announcement should be interesting. I'm pretty sure it's all booked anyway, but there was a lot of negative reaction on Facebook and Twitter from what I saw. 

Saying that, totally expect it to be The Subways, Skunk Anansie, Beatsteaks, Ska-P, Boys Noize and the all the other shite we see year in year out. Probably a special return for Mika as well.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

Well you know yourself that what often happens is bands go and do the US and Canada late July-August and then come back to Europe. 

Weds announcement should be interesting. I'm pretty sure it's all booked anyway, but there was a lot of negative reaction on Facebook and Twitter from what I saw. 

Saying that, totally expect it to be The Subways, Skunk Anansie, Beatsteaks, Ska-P, Boys Noize and the all the other shite we see year in year out. Probably a special return for Mika as well.

You're not sounding to optimistic Liam.

I never am with the Sziget lineup to be fair. I know I go every year and generally love it (i just can't get enough of Dreher and I know loads and loads of people who go) but they place far far too much emphasis on 'atmosphere' and this 'Island of Freedom' nonsense to try and disguise the fact that the quality of lineup has declined markedly in recent years, (although to be fair it has improved since the 2013 disaster.) Last year when we had two crap DJ's, a pop act who didn't have enough material to play for an hour let alone a full headline set, a guy no one from northern Europe had ever heard of, a pop diva who mimed and stropped and phoned performance in, (although at least we got The Chemical Brothers and Muse) just leads me to believe it'll be more disappointment these days. 

Last year The world music stage was moved to where the metal stage used to be, which meant the lovely little natural ampitheatre it was outside the festival now, and it just seemed quite a bit smaller. Used to get 5 acts of the mainstage as well, now you only get 4, and people will still go about how booking Prince and announcing him with three weeks notice almost bankrupted them as if that still matters when they are booking Rihanna.