Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gregory said:

A few acts added each day, non I recognise though... 

18 acts added in total? 

So do we assume this is it? 

If so, then Bonobo, deadmaus, Liam Gallagher and years and years being the final acts on the main stage in respective days they are there? 

Edited by oxford20

The FIB Club Stage is looking like;

Benicassim (Thurs 13) Benicassim (Fri 14) Benicassim (Sat 15) Benicassim (Sun 16)
Tortel Alien Tango Marika Hackman Las Odio
Gatomidi The Wheels Desperate Journalist Captains
Ten Bears Biggot Biznaga  
    Conttra  
    Como vivir en el campo  

...according to this post (http://fiberfib.com/noticia.php?n=81), which also places AUSTRA, JAMES VINCENT McMORROW, SYLVAN ESSO and TROYBOI on South Beach Dance Stage

Just now, oxford20 said:

So do we assume this is it? 

If so, then Bonobo, 2 many Djs, Liam Gallagher and years and years being the final acts on the main stage in respective days they are there? 

Don't think so pal. I imagine deadmau5 will close the main on Friday, and no way Liam G would play at 3/4am. Bonobo after the Weeknd would be good, but he's playing live with band so maybe won't play that. I imagined Bonobo headlining either the Visa or South Beach stage. 

We are very pleased to announce that the great MALA RODRÍGUEZ, will be at the Festival on Saturday, July 15 next to names like BIFFY CLYRO, LIAM GALLAGHER, a fantastic headliner like RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, in its only date in Spain, and many more Artists that you will discover on the South Beach Dance Stage and Radio 3 FIB Club stages at the great FIB 2017 festival.
MALA RODRÍGUEZ is one of the most respected, award-winning and recognized artists of national hip hop, who owns a unique universe and personality that sweep away, bringing rhythm and rhymes to the top. That's why it's on the poster this year!
One more year the South Beach Dance Stage brings big names to everyone. Together with the already announced AUSTRA and JAMES VINCENT McMORROW, we will also enjoy the charismatic indie pop of the duo SYLVAN ESSO and the drunkenly danceable session of TROYBOI.
And do not miss the Anglo-Colombian LAO RA fusing electropop and dancehall in a provocative mix, as well as the hot BEJO & DJ PIMP rap and the invitation to dance with one of Annie Mac's favorite DJs, TCTS.
Radio 3 FIB Club returns to be the stage we will see exciting national and international names for you to spend as never before. TÓRTEL, BIGOTT, BIZNAGA and DESPERATE JOURNALIST will bring their particular vision of pop and the wider rock.
HOW TO LIVE IN THE FIELD, CAPTAINS, HATE, ALIEN TANGO, TEN BEARS, GATOMIDI, THE WHEELS, CONTTRA and many more will make this one of your favorite scenarios.
And, to make matters worse, we will have in another of the scenarios one of the best kept secrets of the new pop: MARIKA HACKMAN.
And there are still more names to be confirmed!

Yeah the poster even says 'and many more' so presumably they knew these wouldn't get much of a reaction which is why they didn't do a post yesterday like usual.

I've been impressed with a few acts lower down already I didn't know beforehand so I'll be giving these new ones a listen too I'm sure there's a few I'll take a liking to. 

Do we think next announcement will be the last one then? Judging by the poster now it's probably likely, I'm assuming they've left a few more 'established' names for the final announcement? 

2 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah the poster even says 'and many more' so presumably they knew these wouldn't get much of a reaction which is why they didn't do a post yesterday like usual.

I've been impressed with a few acts lower down already I didn't know beforehand so I'll be giving these new ones a listen too I'm sure there's a few I'll take a liking to. 

Do we think next announcement will be the last one then? Judging by the poster now it's probably likely, I'm assuming they've left a few more 'established' names for the final announcement? 

Fingers crossed! the Sunday seems to be lacking a late night main stage decent act 

4 hours ago, JohnMo85 said:

Anyone else buy their tickets through ticketmaster UK and cant print them off yet? Dispatch status has said not ready to print since they were bought?

18217786_1313249052063348_2053319155_n.jpg?oh=7301af574dd250bb2244ad77f28c57ad&oe=592A27B3

Yeah, mines been coming up like that since last July, when I bought my early-birds, and is still showing this today.  I think it's the same for everyone.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sunglasses and text

Fatboy Slim got announced for SBSR in Portugal last week for Saturday 15th July ;). Could close the main stage on Sunday I guess, I know we talked about it before but seems more likely now...

Do you still think there is going to be announcement that big? Do they normally keep a big one for so close to the festival?

1 hour ago, neilleeds88 said:

Do you still think there is going to be announcement that big? Do they normally keep a big one for so close to the festival?

Not sure, but Massive Attack were 'Special Guests' last year and closed the Main Stage on Sunday, and I think a DJ/Dance Act usually does that, and there isn't one this year (unless it's Crystal Fighters).

Also Norman is at R&L and Latitude this year (run by the same peeps as FIB).

You never know. 

Not sure, but Massive Attack were 'Special Guests' last year and closed the Main Stage on Sunday, and I think a DJ/Dance Act usually does that, and there isn't one this year (unless it's Crystal Fighters).

Also Norman is at R&L and Latitude this year (run by the same peeps as FIB).

You never know. 

Bastille closed in 2015, not sure if they are classed as a dance act though :/

1 hour ago, pigshair123 said:

Maybe Bastille were just the last band I saw then haha

Yeah it was Bastille , I remember hearing while waiting at the taxi rank! 

actually madeon might have been after that but i was still close to topping myself after watching Portishead!! 

Edited by oxford20

7 hours ago, gregory said:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sunglasses and text

Fatboy Slim got announced for SBSR in Portugal last week for Saturday 15th July ;). Could close the main stage on Sunday I guess, I know we talked about it before but seems more likely now...

He's headlining/closing Latitude on the Sunday night though, I'm pretty sure???

Edited by andytommo

Everyone. In terms of Benicassim itself:

Can anyone recommend any decent restaurants to eat in during the day? Nothing gourmet by any means, just places that serve something somewhat nutritious to combat the inevitable abuse that the body will endure. 

Also, any particularly nice pubs/restaurants to sit, in the shade, and have a beer/cocktail during the day?

Edited by GuinnessSupper