Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

Great stuff.  A bit of debate sparked off.  Was going to say the same about the aggressive tone from johnnybegood.  No need.  We'are all excited for whatever the announcements are aren't we?  Agree that TLSP wont tour next year so that has to be a wind up.  Wonder if we'll get a big announcement in January.  Or whether the nose tapper will step forward again with more thoughts?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, HappyWednesday said:

Great stuff.  A bit of debate sparked off.  Was going to say the same about the aggressive tone from johnnybegood.  No need.  We'are all excited for whatever the announcements are aren't we?  Agree that TLSP wont tour next year so that has to be a wind up.  Wonder if we'll get a big announcement in January.  Or whether the nose tapper will step forward again with more thoughts?

I'm still hoping the Stone Roses get announced, but the person who told told me (back in Nov) this did say the announcement was coming well before Xmas, so maybe it's not now happening. They're a bit erratic after all, with gigs, releases, etc., so I guess I'll look like a bit of a (sliced) lemon, if it doesn't end up coming off. It's always a fun time of year, waiting for the further FIB announcements, and seeing the fake posters, rumours, etc.... I'm booked up and going, regardless, and happy with 2 of the first 3 announcements, so now looking ahead as to what the next 2-3 months will bring us, new names wise. Happy New Year to you all!!! 

P.s. Who are you all hoping for, in the next wave of announcements?

Edited by andytommo

2 hours ago, andytommo said:

I'm still hoping the Stone Roses get announced, but the person who told told me (back in Nov) this did say the announcement was coming well before Xmas, so maybe it's not now happening. They're a bit erratic after all, with gigs, releases, etc., so I guess I'll look like a bit of a (sliced) lemon, if it doesn't end up coming off. It's always a fun time of year, waiting for the further FIB announcements, and seeing the fake posters, rumours, etc.... I'm booked up and going, regardless, and happy with 2 of the first 3 announcements, so now looking ahead as to what the next 2-3 months will bring us, new names wise. Happy New Year to you all!!! 

P.s. Who are you all hoping for, in the next wave of announcements?

I'd like one more 'rock' band as headliner, kasabian/roses/strokes etc. Would all go down well. 

I've noticed Editors have added a few European dates and I'd love to finally see them, Peace/Royal Blood will be back from their year off so hopefully them and Blossoms will make an appearance.

From that and the fact I'm happy with foals and RHCP you can tell the sort of acts I'd like, smaller bands I wouldn't mind seeing would be Sunset Sons and DMA's, who I believe were there a couple of years ago? 

9 hours ago, pigshair123 said:

We completely ruling out radiohead now?

Think so pal, the tour is set to end July 5th. There was word a couple of months ago (before any of their shows were announced) that they were going to play 5 European festivals, which ended up coming true.

Though we can't completely rule anything out, I don't think they're they're the right demographic for FIB anyway. I'm flying to Poland to see them 2 weeks before at Open'er :) 

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Think so pal, the tour is set to end July 5th. There was word a couple of months ago (before any of their shows were announced) that they were going to play 5 European festivals, which ended up coming true.

Though we can't completely rule anything out, I don't think they're they're the right demographic for FIB anyway. I'm flying to Poland to see them 2 weeks before at Open'er :) 

Damn, will have to hope that they add a London date to the tour then.

25 minutes ago, alexanderx said:

Stone Roses & Gorillaz.

I'm putting my money on hinds playing FIB too. 

Rob Da Bank (head of Bestival) said Gorillaz aren't doing festivals in 2017, but he could be wrong.

Hinds played last year, but are managed by a FIB promoter so could well be there again. 

10 minutes ago, Hulmez said:

Anyone know a decent way of travelling from Valencia to Benicassim, can't find travel info at all and transfer costs with tickets are a bit of a joke.

I got the train last time I went, can't normally book it untill 3 months before though, think it was around £15 for a return

2 hours ago, gregory said:

Rob Da Bank (head of Bestival) said Gorillaz aren't doing festivals in 2017, but he could be wrong.

Hinds played last year, but are managed by a FIB promoter so could well be there again. 

Also Gabi of primavera sound said that the virtual band has no plans until 2018

4 hours ago, Hulmez said:

Anyone know a decent way of travelling from Valencia to Benicassim, can't find travel info at all and transfer costs with tickets are a bit of a joke.

You can get the train from Valencia to Benicasim cheap. The first time I went I think it was about £20 return. But we don't fly to Valencia any more so can't comment on the times being good or not recently. The website for booking trains is www.renfe.es

If that's no good you can book coach transfers from www.eufest.com - we've gone with them the last 2 years and spot on both times.

There are more flights in and out of Barcelona though if Valencia is a struggle and they tend to be a lot cheaper, dependent on where you are flying from

7 hours ago, Hulmez said:

Check https://venta.renfe.com/vol/home.do?c=_6kZn. It usually costs like 6.50€  including return. You can buy them at the station too.

I hope Courteeners, Jamie T and Frank Turner are in please!

4 hours ago, b0rmusic said:

Check https://venta.renfe.com/vol/home.do?c=_6kZn. It usually costs like 6.50€  including return. You can buy them at the station too.

I hope Courteeners, Jamie T and Frank Turner are in please!

Courteeners definitely playing i'd say. Not sure about Jamie T as he played in 2015, imagine he'd be commanding a headline/co-headline for these size fests now which FIB would be a bit silly to sanction 

On 03/01/2017 at 11:12 AM, gregory said:

They've got to stop teasing us and release a bloody album before they get announced as well hahaha 

22 minutes ago, Cian T said:

When can we expect another announcement? 

I dunno, but apparently Noel G's just been announced as U2 support in Barcelona on 18th July, so what chances of him squeezing onto the Benicassim line up???  Probably too soon since his last performance?

47 minutes ago, andytommo said:

I dunno, but apparently Noel G's just been announced as U2 support in Barcelona on 18th July, so what chances of him squeezing onto the Benicassim line up???  Probably too soon since his last performance?

Is U2 out of the question? Would rather him to Noel G..

22 minutes ago, AlistairG said:

Dont know how reliable this is or if anybody has seen it before but on the tame impala website there is a benicassim page.

http://www.tameimpala.com/news/benicassim-festival-benicassim-2/

If you look on Page 6 of their News section there's a Benicassim post, presumably from when they were announced for 2014. Shame, because I would really like to see them there. But maybe this doesnt necessarily rule them out? I heard they were taking 2017 off but have since been announced to headline Panorama in New York a couple of weeks after Beni, so its possible...