Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, raccamme said:

could they be the last  headliners ??? what about  gorillaz today at 4 pm as annoucement

http://www.thefader.com/2017/03/06/gorillaz-demon-dayz-festival

Just came here to ask what the chance they could fit in the bill would be.

I think we're done with big names but Gorillaz would be amazing!

There is no missing headliner, but they could sub for radiohead or foos and having their own festival would also explain why they were announced this late. But i don't see too much of a chance for this to happen.

Edited by neacaisa

38 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Are you kidding me? All on rhe same flight? If 47 people from the UK went they would be arrested and sent home before they even made it to the festival haha

There's 10 of us coming from Scotland and I have had that fear

14 minutes ago, carlosd said:

fuck my life. Sum41 announced for Grasspop, so no RW.

So still no Rival Sons, Against Me! nor Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls at Graspop... What about these three ones as awesome openers ??

By the way, who are the three best openers you've seen at Rock Werchter ??

My votes go to : 1- Reignwolf, 2- Vintage Trouble, 3- I have difficulties to choose between St Paul & the Broken Bones, The Struts and The Temperance Movement (I loved CC Smugglers as well)

3 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

So still no Rival Sons, Against Me! nor Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls at Graspop... What about these three ones as awesome openers ??

Rival Sons are already playing Suikerrock, so ruled out as well.

The Graspop lineup now is complete though, so they won't take away any more candidates.

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

My votes go to : 1- Reignwolf, 2- Vintage Trouble, 3- I have difficulties to choose between St Paul & the Broken Bones, The Struts and The Temperance Movement (I loved CC Smugglers as well)

I really enjoyed the Struts (main stage), so I would have them in the list, for sure. Frightened Rabbit (the Barn), and The Van Jets (also the Barn). If we speak main stage only then Struts, Marmozets and Royal Blood (they were second, actually, but missed the actual openers).

No offence but the news above is great imo .. sum 41 would be rubbish and i have no idea of eddie vedder but talk of how much he would cost would only weaken the undercarriage further ... all round good news for me today! Still hopeful for some good people. How the Thursday hasnt sold out is beyond me! Best day I think for number of bands I want to see

I am going to try my hardest to not even think about gorillaz because I'll only end up disappointed. However that said, I think they would be awesome after Radiohead as a "dance" act (I know they aren't really a dance act, but i think they'd be better after Radiohead as a main stage closer) 

This week could be the difference between  a good or great line up. Fingers crossed! 

Very upset for Sum 41 but it was too good to be true (and especialy if they were aded on saturday). But I keep hoping to see some great bands like The Hives, Wolfmother, Warpaint, Wolf Alice, Cage the elephant, Jamiroquai (yes I'm dreaming), Kensington,  Highly Suspect, Circa Waves, Erland and the Carnival, Bowerbirds, Half Moon Run, 77 Bombay Street, Kasabian, Cake or Franz Ferdinand.

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

Against Me and Frank please. 

1 hour ago, Skankhunt42 said:

No offence but the news above is great imo .. sum 41 would be rubbish and i have no idea of eddie vedder but talk of how much he would cost would only weaken the undercarriage further ... all round good news for me today! Still hopeful for some good people. How the Thursday hasnt sold out is beyond me! Best day I think for number of bands I want to see

I'd swap every band we already have for Eddie Vedder, my all time favorite. I even got them man tattooed on my arm!