Going for the first time since 2007, what's changed?

Smeble

Title says it all really, just wondering what's changed since 2007, my memories of then( other than having a brilliant time) is lots of mud, it taking an age to get between stages and god awful queues for the bars.

Went to IOW this year for the first time and have to say the queue system for the bars was fantastic, don't think I queued for more than 4 or at most 5 minutes all weekend.

I know a couple of stages have changed name since 2007, and a couple extra added I think,

Anything else I should be aware of?

I think you will find more people arrive early on the Wednesday morning and the site fills up really quickly.In 2007 I remember no queue at the gate,plenty of room in all camping areas on Wednesday mid morning, every year since then the queues to get in seem to get bigger and startearlier and camping in the popular areas fills up soooo quickly.

Agree, big change is that people arrive on Wednesday rather than Thursday. Saw this change from 09 onwards. Other than that, all the old faves are there. Some have shuffled around, as people have said. Plus there's a host of smaller venues around. You'll also notice A LOT more people - Pyramid stage Sunday afternoon is even more crowded...

In terms of mud, drainage on the site has definitely been improved. 2007 was flippin' awful :(

lots of richer younger people most of whom camp in the glamping sites taht are dotted around the edge of site [ and some inside ]...the loos are better...its bigger and lots of idiots walk around with great big flags so they can say to people THERE I AM .................................................Dominic the ice cream van man has gone sold up to a big company so there are LOADS of ice cream vans evevry where ......

oh and the price o beers gone up

I notice the ticket price has gone up a lot as well

We were there with friends who hadn't been since the 90's and they couldn't get over how much it had changed, much more corporate and much much bigger.

I guess it's just the way of the world, festivals have to sell out to a degree otherwise they go under. How much would the tickets be if there wasn't the corporate element?

Edited by Smeble

Drainage is MUCH better than in 2007 and they now have piles of woodchip placed in different areas to spread around if it does rain, which really helps to soak up the mud and make it less arduous to walk around. '07 was horrendous once the mud started to dry but less of an issue now.