• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Richi1988 said:

Go to www.lisboacamping.com

Have to be quick booking as they sell out fast.

Pardon my ignorance, are the 4 bungalow options different types of bungalow or locations?

i.e. Esquillo, Monsanto, Lisboa.

I realise that Lisboa is Lisbon but doesn't look like the other two are locations.

Edited by cammie81

23 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Pardon my ignorance, are the 4 bungalow options different types of bungalow or locations?

i.e. Esquillo, Monsanto, Lisboa.

I realise that Lisboa is Lisbon but doesn't look like the other two are locations.

Not a problem :) they're just the different names of the bungalows, all are at lisboa camping. Esquilo is 4person max, monsanto 5person max & lisboa 6person max. 

Also if your looking to watch any of the european championships whilst your out there i advise finding a decent bar. Watched the world cup final in one of the bungalows a couple of years ago on a 17" TV!

Edited by Richi1988

1 hour ago, chickenfire said:

anyone on here been to this by themselves? Any advise?

I went on my own for a day in 2014 as everything I wanted to see was on the last day (Libertines!) and I couldn't make all the days, it was cheap flights, I booked a small gaff in the centre on AirBNB for about £20 a night, bog next to the bed, you wouldn't want to be sharing! It's all pretty safe, I'd happily do it again but got a mate to go this year.

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

This is getting ridiculous now. I'll be getting my ticket tomorrow!

I don't think it will tbh, never has whilst I've been, Stone Roses, Radiohead and The Cure didn't sell out. Locals will go for one day not three, one day is usually quiet, it is damned expensive for the Portuguese still.

This line up is everything I could have wanted so going to venture over this year. Flying over from Ireland. Still don't know if I should camp or get accommodation. I always camp at festivals. Most places I have looked at are pretty cheap. Just wondering what people thought: Camping or not?

55 minutes ago, carlmcg said:

I don't think it will tbh, never has whilst I've been, Stone Roses, Radiohead and The Cure didn't sell out. Locals will go for one day not three, one day is usually quiet, it is damned expensive for the Portuguese still.

With Arcade Fire and Radiohead headlining, being two bands that have so few concerts announced, it will be packed with foreigners this year and might sell out earlier.

Portuguese would sell not sell out this in normal circumstances I guess, but these are kind of limited concerts right now. And it is not that expensive even for Portuguese (see it's weird because we are not that rich but we go to a lot of concerts - We have tons and tons of big festivals and they are always full, see: NOS Alive, NOS Primavera Sound, Vodafone Paredes de Coura, Superbock Super Rock, Rock in Rio and there are more... Meo Sudoeste, Meo Marés Vivas, other small ones).

Arcade Fire sold out Superbock Super Rock festival in 2011, though. 

Edited by Mirror

29 minutes ago, carlmcg said:

Arcade Fire at Rock in Rio 2014 looked amazing too! It will definitely be an amazing event.

The problem with Rock in Rio is that the people that attend it don't go for the bands, and go for the status. It's the shittiest festival. NOS alive is also a bit like this, but much better in term of people enjoying music. Arcade Fire at Rock in Rio was a bit lackluster for me because of the audience. 

So I'm hoping more people come for the lineup this year at NOS, and less for the "status". 

Arcade Fire at Superbock 2011, was amazing tough - specially the Portishead +  Arcade Fire combo. Pretty good line-up that year :P

superbock-2011.png

Edited by Mirror

Hello,

I'm considering going to this now; i might cancel another festival (with a disappointing lineup). Do you think i'll be able to buy my ticket in march? 
The lineup is incredible!! it was already one of the best for me before Radiohead and Arcade Fire :D

I might go there alone as well; us loners could gather in a camp together. 

7 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Gone for it. Flights went up as I was watching. Some reasonable hotel in Lisbon centre.

Anyone know how bad is it to get back to Lisbon at night?

Super easy, there will be trains all night - they take ~10 minutes to Lisbon's downtown, there you can take a cab or bus (might take a little while tough unless they put some extra buses at night). If you get a cab directly from the festival site, it shouldn't be too expensive. Metro closes at 1 A.M though (that's why you have to take a cab or bus). 

I've gotta say I'd be chuffed to see a full set of the Pixies, as at Glastonbury 2014 I was one of those people who went from Jack White --> Pixies --> Metallica. It was a very tight squeeze and I only managed really to see 20/25 minutes of Pixies. 

Alongside Radiohead: who I listen too for a good 30 mins everyday in my current music 'phase'. Arcade Fire: who since their Glastonbury set have risen up in my opinion quite considerably and The Chemical Brothers: who I'd always welcome a 3rd viewing without question it is a phenomenal line up! Foals, Tame Impala and the almighty Hot Chip as well. Too much to handle. 

Hello guys. I'm from Brazil and will be attending to NOS this year. What a line-up! So, I will be on "Vip Executive Diplomático Hotel". Considering that will be my first time on Lisbon, any local can tell me what is the best way to go from that hotel to the festival and get back after the concerts? Thank you very much!

17 minutes ago, RodTheImpaler said:

Hello guys. I'm from Brazil and will be attending to NOS this year. What a line-up! So, I will be on "Vip Executive Diplomático Hotel". Considering that will be my first time on Lisbon, any local can tell me what is the best way to go from that hotel to the festival and get back after the concerts? Thank you very much!

Hey, you can either

GOING:
Just take the metro and then the train [it will take you about 30min to get there] - cheapest way.

RETURNING
Metro will probably be closed.
1. Take the train to downtown Lisbon [10min] and then take a cab
OR 2. Take the train to downtown Lisbon [10min] and then take the bus [might take a bit longer, but probably it will be more frequent in Alive's days]
OR 3. Take a cab / Uber directly from NOS Alive ~ around 10€, I guess. 

Só não escrevo em Português, para todos perceberem ;)

Edited by Mirror

2 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Hey, you can either

GOING:
Just take the metro and then the train [it will take you about 30min to get there] - cheapest way.

RETURNING
Metro will probably be closed.
1. Take the train to downtown Lisbon [10min] and then take a cab
2. Take the train to downtown Lisbon [10min] and then take the bus [might take a bit longer, but probably it will be more frequent in Alive's days]
3. Take a cab / Uber directly from NOS Alive ~ around 10€, I guess. 

Só não escrevo em Português, para todos perceberem ;)

Thank you very much, dear friend. It seems very easy!

Saudações de Brasil! o/

1 hour ago, AdamWillingham said:

Might be popping along to this one too, Primavera works out way too expensive this year for me, plus EXAMS. 

Can't do Primavera this year either :(.

This will definitely make up for it though :D. Awesome lineup and the tickets are priced really well. Hope it all works out for you!

Still not quite over how good this line up truly is, who do we reckon will be given a the 2nd to top slot on the Friday? I'd personally rather see tame impala over foals get that slot and by the looks of it tame impala do look like the sub headline act, still cant quite believe radiohead, tame impala and foals are all playing 1 day! Also who are we expecting as the sub for Saturday, the girl who leaked the quite unbelievable arcade fire info reckoned that last shadow puppets are nailed on supposedly so probably them? That would top the line up off for me personally! Surely after that we can't be expecting any more big names haha

Edited by wedgie

28 minutes ago, wedgie said:

Still not quite over how good this line up truly is, who do we reckon will be given a the 2nd to top slot on the Friday? I'd personally rather see tame impala over foals get that slot and by the looks of it tame impala do look like the sub headline act, still cant quite believe radiohead, tame impala and foals are all playing 1 day! Also who are we expecting as the sub for Saturday, the girl who leaked the quite unbelievable arcade fire info reckoned that last shadow puppets are nailed on supposedly so probably them? That would top the line up off for me personally! Surely after that we can't be expecting any more big names haha

Still got 5 more tba for main stage yet and usually 5-10 really decent bands on Heineken stage, if thats the case this year I think that €119 I spent on the last day of the fest last year hoping for a half decent line up will have just about payed off.... fu***ng unreal line up!