NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pixies & Chemical brothers are co-headlining Thursday. Have no Idea who the last headliner will be, think if it was going to be RHCP/LCD Soundsystem we would have had them announced by now and not really sure who else is about. 7 more tba for NOS stage (inc 1 headliner) and 21 for Heineken stage based on last couple of years acts.

13 minutes ago, wedgie said:

Surely both of them can't be added, that's an incredible line up! Where are the rumours coming from?

Pearl Jam have been reported in the portuguese media some months ago. Almost sure. The Strokes were more "local rumors", but I think it depends if Pixie and Chemical Brothers are really the headliners of the first day.

1 minute ago, CHRLY said:

Does this usually sell out and if so how fast?

Really want to go but need a month or so to build up the funds.

If you need one month, it will probably fine. If Pearl Jam headline, don't leave at least for the last two months, it will sell out. 

1 minute ago, Mirror said:

If you need one month, it will probably fine. If Pearl Jam headline, don't leave at least for the last two months, it will sell out. 

Thanks. So, as someone who knows nothing about it, I need to ask what it's like? Is it best to camp or get a hostel or a hotel?

25 minutes ago, CHRLY said:

Thanks. So, as someone who knows nothing about it, I need to ask what it's like? Is it best to camp or get a hostel or a hotel?

Camping is fine if you can stand the heat in a tent. Alternatively the campsite offers log cabins which are really good, think they are about €70 per night which isn't  bad if there's 2/3 of you. Just across the road from the campsite is a hotel ibis if you prefer proper comfort. Me & the mrs are booked in from the Wed-Mon and it cost us €290 (€58 per night) for a double room.

The Festival itself is quite a small site with stages fairly close together. Well layed out to cope with the crowds. Good selection of food. A pint of larger/cider is €3.50, wine is pretty cheap and they do some weird cocktails. Don't sell spirits so have to sneak them in if your fussed for them. Hope that helps ☺

Edited by Richi1988

1 minute ago, Richi1988 said:

Camping is fine if you can stand the heat in a tent. Alternatively the campsite offers log cabins which are really good, think they are about €70 per night which isn't  bad if there's 2/3 of you. Just across the road from the campsite is a hotel ibis if you prefer proper comfort. Me & the mrs are booked in from the Wed-Mon and it cost us €290 (€58 per night) for a double room. Hope that helps ☺

That's great help thanks! So would you advise to stay closer to the festival site rather than the center of Lisbon? 

2 minutes ago, CHRLY said:

That's great help thanks! So would you advise to stay closer to the festival site rather than the center of Lisbon? 

I'd personally either stop at the campsite or hotel ibis across the road purely for the simplicity of getting to the festival and back with the free buses. Also easy enough getting a taxi/train in the daytime into the centre to explore.

Just asked NOS fb if they could confirm if Radiohead & Hot chip would clash and got this response "Hi, stage times will be announced closer to the festival"

Guess I'm  (and other on here I know want to see both) gonna have to hope hot chip get that 3am slot and take some matchsticks!

....ok so if Chemical Brothers and Pixies are Co-Headlining Thursday, Radiohead have the Friday.... I reckon it's either Guns N Roses (yet to announce European dates) on Saturday or LCD Soundsystem (I don't think they would have announced them today as they seem to being doing a band at a time). Thoughts?

1 hour ago, fairy_ said:

Thinking about getting a day ticket for the Friday now Radiohead are confirmed but I've never been before - any basics I should know about? What time does it all kick-off / finish? 

Starts at 5pm till about 6am. If you want to drink spirits you'll have to smuggle some in as they only serve larger,cider,wine & some strange cocktails.

+++Paus+++  no idea who they are, any good???