Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

2 hours ago, StephenF said:

If LCD do a reunion it will be Coachella and PS, I'd think Porto would miss out though. Is no one thinking Kanye is a possibility?

That would be really shit. Doesn't Porto usually get the reunions (Blur, Neutral Milk Hotel, MBV, Ride, Slowdive) but not the big, more commercial fare (Black Zzzs, Arcade Fire, NIN, Strokes)?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think it'll be Kanye. Surely he'd be the first name on the teamsheet at the moment. Can't see them waiting this long to announce an artist who polarises an audience as much as he does. I'm sure the first announcement will be someone the organisers think will go down well with virtually everybody.

I mean it's impossible to have anything but love for LCD isn't it?? 

Edited by DiscothequeDave

In fact they always tend to not reveal any name before the big announcement. 2012 was the last year they announced several waves of names and besides Neutral Milk Hotel ('special treat' for fans) they have always tried to get to January with no names announced. According to them, Blur, Arcade Fire and Strokes announcements were due to band requests so I think it's perfectly normal they're not saying anything this year as long as any band ask them to announce themselves.

On the other hand, they tried to book Kanye back in 2014. They even said that they reached a point where they were discussing light effects for his performance but ultimately it didn't happen. IMO the biggest name for 2016 is Kanye indeed.

22 minutes ago, Nesser said:

On the other hand, they tried to book Kanye back in 2014. They even said that they reached a point where they were discussing light effects for his performance but ultimately it didn't happen. IMO the biggest name for 2016 is Kanye indeed.

Kanye isn't booked for any festival in Europe or any american Festival. Doesn't seem to be touring in 2016.