Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

Coachella announcement due on the 5th of January by the looks of it.

The January announcements for PS have been on  - 

2015 - 21st January

2014 - Tuesday 28th January

2013 - 23rd January

Can't see them waiting that long. I'd like to think we'll have a few names before the 9th and then the complete line-up towards the end of the month.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's most likely the same timeframe as always for the poster presentation. On the 8th the prices will go up and last until the presentation. No way this price will only last for 2-3 days.

The "This is not a love song"-Festival in France sharing the same weekend as PS (and a lot of acts) will announce their Line-Up on the 22th.

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Manchester.

Still circa 190 quid though. It's the Sunday flight back that's the expensive one.

I've organised our group's Prima trips for the past couple of years and noticed that the Sunday flight don't go down - the low-cost carriers (Easyjet, Vueling from Gatwick) have already released their summer flights and that's what drops the prices. The Monday and Tuesday also start to increase in cost (if they haven't already) due to people deciding to stay a little longer.

10 minutes ago, DaveElNino said:

I've organised our group's Prima trips for the past couple of years and noticed that the Sunday flight don't go down - the low-cost carriers (Easyjet, Vueling from Gatwick) have already released their summer flights and that's what drops the prices. The Monday and Tuesday also start to increase in cost (if they haven't already) due to people deciding to stay a little longer.

Flying from Liverpool is cheap but the return flight is at 7.25am which ain't happening.

I booked flights a few months ago, £100 return from Gatwick.

Also not flying back until the Tuesday. We did the Sunday the first year we went, never doing that again as we don'y get to bed til 7am on the Sunday and the Sunday night gigs are usually some of the best sets of the weekend.

Edited by weston24

Well, I guess now it's kind of official that LCD Soundsystem will be one of the headliners. I’m glad that is happening!

I know it’s not exactly clarifying information, but a close friend yesterday interviewed one of the festival organisers and according to him these following quotes are the highlight of the interview in relation to this year’s festival:

* The whole line-up for this year will be revealed the same day. In previous years they have announced some of the headliners earlier mainly because some of the bands requested it. If it was up to them, they will have always proceeded the same way they've done his year.

* They are really confident with this year's line-up (2016) and that they're already booking for 2017. Apparently the line-up was already closed more than three months ago.

I don't know, in my opinion, I'm sure there are marketing strategies conditioning the previous announcements and they're also saving a great amount of money in marketing this year proceeding this way.

Also, I have one friend coming from Nottingham and another from Birmingham.  For the one coming from Nottingham it is a pain in the ass, since this year there are no direct flights from East Midlands Airport and he has to fly via Brussels, but it’s not that expensive.

They booked their flights yesterday, so these prices might still be available.

Primavera FLIGHTS.png

PS2016-flights.png

Edited by Albert.EA

18 minutes ago, Albert.EA said:

* They are really confident with this year's line-up (2016) and that they're already booking for 2017. Apparently the line-up was already closed more than three months ago.

That rules out Radiohead then, with Greenwood claiming at the end of October that no shows were booked yet. 

Question is, will we have the one massive name or just have the top end of the bill packed with LCD/Beck/Sigur Ros sized bands. I can see the latter happening which is fine with me. I can only really think of Neil Young as the obvious biggie due to his UK tour starting on the 5th.

Still, a top 6 of 

Neil Young, LCD, Beck, Sigur Ros, PJ Harvey and Disclosure for example is a bloody great start.

I loved Disclosure's first record and then I saw them on WH at Glastonbury and thought they were so dull, if they are at PS I will be elsewhere. 

Last year I secured my flights around this time, from Gatwick, £60 return. I doubt they are going to get anywhere near that this year. I have this app call 'Hopper' which is supposed to be great at finding the cheapest flights. They are telling me to book now and the prices are £130 which is more than double last year. 

2 minutes ago, weston24 said:

The Porto announcement is usually a week after the Barcelona one.

Thanks.

That may feel like a long week if there's anyone I'm particularly excited about in the Barcelona line-up.

I am going crazy waiting for these lineups. I can fly to London for under $600 and then fly from there to Porto, and I'm worried this rate will no longer be available in weeks or a month or whenever the lineup drops.

Edited by Bort

53 minutes ago, Bort said:

I am going crazy waiting for these lineups. I can fly to London for under $600 and then fly from there to Porto, and I'm worried this rate will no longer be available in weeks or a month or whenever the lineup drops.

Do you have to wait for the lineup to drop? I mean, we all know what to generally expect from a PS poster don't we?

Edited by dentalplan