Pukkelpop 2016

DDave

23 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Well I'll be at the front anyway (if I go, still not decided yet!) 

So now it's complete, what would everyone give the line up out of ten, and what are your general thoughts on it?

It's not complete jet! still names to come!

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Karam said:

Foals are playing at the Sziget after party on the 17th. Does that mean they could be playing at PKP..?

No

The only date they have free is the Thursday and the line up is full.

That's our lot for names I would think apart from very early bands for the main on Friday and Saturday

1 hour ago, TheNewUnion said:

I'm sorry to say, I don't get Foals. Saw them at PKP a few years back and they were about as "meh" as it gets. What's wrong with me? Everyone else gets them, I don't.

Them and Radiohead. 

It's not you, it's me....

Well if you want to give them another go then there's a live stream from Lollapolooza on in an hour: http://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1KNHCDJM51W11/segment/AP-1KV9D8GWS2111/lollapalooza

Quite a few decent bands on over the weekend, including LCD, Miike Snow, Disclosure, M83, St Lucia and Duke Dumont amongst many others.

Hey again, Ive got another couple o questions about pkp. Since im travelling from Scotland straight to the site from the airport and back again on the Sunday can someone let me know:

a) are there showers on site, how busy if so and how much?

b ) where is the best place to buy drink before the fest as we won't be able to bring it on the plane with us.

Cheers, not looked forward to a fest this much in ages.

8 hours ago, SilverLining said:

Hey again, Ive got another couple o questions about pkp. Since im travelling from Scotland straight to the site from the airport and back again on the Sunday can someone let me know:

a) are there showers on site, how busy if so and how much?

b ) where is the best place to buy drink before the fest as we won't be able to bring it on the plane with us.

Cheers, not looked forward to a fest this much in ages.

Plenty of hot showers on the campsites.

If you can make it to a supermarket in Hasselt, they'll have the cheapest booze. If not, plenty of locals set up makeshift stores on the street outside the festival selling trays of beer.

Drink wise, there is a Spar just beyond Kewit station this way

and another one here Other Spar

There's a massive Spar in Hasselt too, on Wednesday you could get the free shuttle from the Fest to Hasselt, have a few beers, get your booze at Spar then get the bus back to the festival. Hasselt is OK for a few beers and a bite to eat.

Like the others say though, there are plenty of people selling Beer on the street outside. Don't think I have seen anyone selling Spirits though, so Spar might be the best bet (will have to put into plastic bottles for campsite though).

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Saturday nearly sold out. Good news for LCD I hope.

There can be no way that the audience will be smaller than that which the drew at T in The Park. That was embarrassing. I have a lot of faith that the good people of Belgium will demonstrate greater taste!

Had confirmation today that I'm going to be DJing at PKP this summer!! :)

Unfortunately it's not in the Boiler Room but on the little red van they've had for the past couple of years. I'm going to be playing 2/3 sets over the weekend but I don't know yet what days or times. They park it up at different spots around the site, such as near the entrance, Food Wood and resto area at the back of the Main Stage, and DJs play in between the bands.

Anyone got any requests?? ;)

5d2f7898-6690-413e-b5e2-c72d4b65dbfd.jpg

DJ-mobiel.jpg

1 hour ago, SilverLining said:

thanks everyone for the replies! most probably will go, set up camp then fire down to spar and back. nobody i want to see on weds so no rush really :).

If you're not in a rush, definitely worth a visit to Hasselt. Only a few minutes on the free bus and plenty of bars, places to eat etc, also occasional spotting of acts that are playing. 

1 hour ago, TheNewUnion said:

Excellent news, well done! We'll keep an eye out for you. As for requests, do you have a music you have to adhere to?

Cheers!

I can play whatever I want and have decided to go for a range of party/festival anthems. Got everything from disco to reggae to indie to rave - anything I think will put a smile on faces and get a few people dancing! Some of it's a bit cheesy but I'm not gonna try and educate people or take them 'on a journey'. 

So yeah, I'm happy to take suggestions! Think I'll have to dig out some Quo for Dave!

On 7/29/2016 at 7:33 PM, TheNewUnion said:

I'm sorry to say, I don't get Foals. Saw them at PKP a few years back and they were about as "meh" as it gets. What's wrong with me? Everyone else gets them, I don't.

Them and Radiohead. 

It's not you, it's me....

They weren't great at Pukkelpop, very lukewarm and looked like an off day.

3 hours ago, Semprini said:

Cheers!

I can play whatever I want and have decided to go for a range of party/festival anthems. Got everything from disco to reggae to indie to rave - anything I think will put a smile on faces and get a few people dancing! Some of it's a bit cheesy but I'm not gonna try and educate people or take them 'on a journey'. 

So yeah, I'm happy to take suggestions! Think I'll have to dig out some Quo for Dave!

Just back from a 2 day wedding in Ireland with a few cover bands. A bit of Ska goes down a treat. Gangsters and a Message to you Rudy went down a storm as did 'You can call me Al' by Paul Simon (not ska i know)

Hey, just got a couple of questions...

We've had a mate pull out of PKP & a different mate buy his ticket. However, when you change the name on the ticket it also changes the campsite from chill to relax (chill is now full). So basically, all of my mates have camp chill tickets & he will be stuck with a camp relax one. Emailed the fest & they've said that our only option is for the rest of us to request a move to camp relax. 

So I just want to know what camp relax is like? In terms of atmosphere, distance from the arena etc? Obviously we're not going to be causing any trouble, but I don't want to feel uncomfortable if I'm staying up late in the campsite while others have specifically chosen relax to get a good nights sleep. 

13 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Hey, just got a couple of questions...

We've had a mate pull out of PKP & a different mate buy his ticket. However, when you change the name on the ticket it also changes the campsite from chill to relax (chill is now full). So basically, all of my mates have camp chill tickets & he will be stuck with a camp relax one. Emailed the fest & they've said that our only option is for the rest of us to request a move to camp relax. 

So I just want to know what camp relax is like? In terms of atmosphere, distance from the arena etc? Obviously we're not going to be causing any trouble, but I don't want to feel uncomfortable if I'm staying up late in the campsite while others have specifically chosen relax to get a good nights sleep. 

Don't change the name on the ticket and Photoshop a fake ID. Chances are they won't check anyway.

Cheers guys, will add them to the list. I get a combi ticket for doing it so will need to get rid of mine now. Could do with it selling out as they charge 16 euros just to change names. 

Hardly any of us have camped Duff Man but from what I understand the two campsites are pretty similar in terms of atmosphere. You won't upset anyone by staying up late! Buses run all the time from the arena to camp relax but there is a direct path if you want to walk. Not sure how long it takes but the bus is about 10 mins. Don't be put off by that though as the bus seems to go all over the place before getting to the campsite.