What will you be wearing for The Mothership P:Funk Party

scrippit

Now this is my kinda thread!

Been thinking about this since the line up poster came out. Don't want to look like one of those cheesy idiots that you see in those fancy dress shop pics for costumes.

So will be doing some serious research. I have a pair of purple platforms but being velvet makes them utterly impractical for Glasto.

Nothing should be considered impractical for the Mothership!

Which stage do you reckon they are likely to be on? I have ended up in hospital twice with a banjaxed ankle from these platforms. They are pretty high, totally impractical and utterly awesome.

don't wanna sound a neg but I watched a live bit of them and he just seemed shouty and so many on the stage trying to play at the same time, maybe it was just a bad clip

Bad clip probably - at their best they are awesome, can be a little self indulgent but they were the pre eminent influence on funk, jazz-funk and psychedelic funk-rock.

Parliament, Funkadelic and Family Stone is a once in a lifetime (and probably the last time). Not to be missed.

There's gonna be an epic clash though....

Bad clip probably - at their best they are awesome, can be a little self indulgent but they were the pre eminent influence on funk, jazz-funk and psychedelic funk-rock.

Parliament, Funkadelic and Family Stone is a once in a lifetime (and probably the last time). Not to be missed.

There's gonna be an epic clash though....

and the best guitar, sax and trumpet solos I have heard in years

Anyone got any decent live videos of these guys? Trying to convince friends to join me.

There are lots on Youtube but nothing wil do them justice.

Saw them Friday night in Bristol and they funked the funk out of the place for 2 and a half hours non stop.

If you like funk/disco type stuff then I see no reason why you would not like them.

btw

On Friday the 15 strong band and singers all wore 'normal' clothes. T-Shirts, jeans, camo gear etc

Yes that was Bristol. This is Glastonbury. They will re adapt as necessary. Fingers crossed they are dusting off the worst excesses of their LSD induced tailoring and having various bits let out and reinforced by qualified experts.

Tough one. It's not so much the effort to find some gear to wear, goodness knows I am old enough to have something suitable hidden away somewhere in a tatty suitcase. It's more the thought of hiking around all day in the stuff, either baking in the sun or being washed away in a downpour (most likely both, at least twice...). I'll probably have a load of great ideas and then just show up in a flourescent t-shirt.