Green Man Festival 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone stewarded Green Man before? I've been tempted before but every announcement that desire grows.

Yeah I did in 2013, it's good. The guys who run it Paddy & Gav are really nice and the stewards campsite has good facilities and has a BBQ on the Wednesday night.

where would Public Service Broadcasting likely to play ? would they clash with St Vincent?

They will do if they headline the smallest stage on Sunday which is definitely possible although it's hard to say as they could play anywhere.

Does this usually sell out? Quite fancy going, but can't afford it right now. Not too bothered about any of the headliners (St Vincent is great live, but I saw her twice last year), which is fine because the rest of the lineup looks very good.

Yeah it does, although usually not till a few weeks before. They'll let us know when tickets get low though

are Django Django a possibility or would they be a headline act ?

It's unlikely they'll play I think as they are at End Of The Road, although it is possible - they wouldn't headline no

who else you liking on the lineup? I only have a couple so far so listening to plenty of new stuff

quite like Waxahatchee's new album

One act that came to mind was BC Camplight, but I’ve just noticed he’s not on the lineup page anymore. Bit of a shame.

Yeah, haven’t checked out that Waxahatchee album properly yet, but I really like what I’ve heard. Enjoying the Courtney Barnett album. Trust Fund is the main one though; they’re not far off being my favorite band in the whole world right now (No One’s Coming For Us is AOTY so far, I think). St Vincent is incredible live and so much better than on record. Goat look impressive too, and Songhoy Blues could be fun. Sun Ra Arkestra and Charles Bradley are acts I’ve never got round to listening too but I’m very interested in seeing. Looking forward to seeing Slowdive, Television, The Fall, Dan Deacon, Calexico, and Son Lux. Owen Pallett is one of my favourite human beings, so him.

Also Public Service Broadcasting, who I haven’t listened too much, but provided one of my highlights of Glastonbury last year with the second half of their set. I’ve seen This Is The Kit and Marika Hackman deliver good support sets, so they’re both worth seeing. That’s plenty already, and includes most of the acts on the lineup that I’ve actually got around to listening to. Still got lots to check out, hopefully the likes of Jane Weaver, Emmy The Great, Ultimate Painting etc will be up my street.

So most of it, in summary.

Edited by bocumaroy

My current Green Man must sees are as follows; Owen Pallet, Hot Chip, Emmy The Great, Viet Cong, Jane Weaver, St Vincent, Father John Misty, Courtney Barnett, Goat, Hookworms, Mew, Trust Fund, Television, Public Service Broadcasting, The Staves, Songhoy Blues, The 2 Bears and Sun Ra Arkestra. Everybody seems to be loving Natalie Prass so I'd like to check her out, not listed to Slug either, but from what I've been told, they sound up my street, wouldn't mind seeing Marika Hackman or The Fall either. I've never seen a festival line-up before that appeals to me so much, it's insane. Even the cinema tent hold delights in store for me, I love animation and Brad Bird's The Iron Giant is one of my favorite films ever, 16 years since it was in the cinema, and it's yet to get a Blu-ray release, I'm ridiculously happy I'll get to see it on a big screen.

Additions here - dunno why this isn't reported on efest, or announced by Green Man....

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/green-man-new-acts-added-9160538?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not loads of interest - Villagers, Antlers as predicted on here.

Hints on GM's Twitter are suggesting Atomic Bomb the William Onyeabor supergroup will play, but no mention of it in Wales online.

Additions here - dunno why this isn't reported on efest, or announced by Green Man....

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/green-man-new-acts-added-9160538?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not loads of interest - Villagers, Antlers as predicted on here.

Hints on GM's Twitter are suggesting Atomic Bomb the William Onyeabor supergroup will play, but no mention of it in Wales online.

just googled Atomic Bomb and that looks a cracking super group,

very little on that lineup announcement I know of apart from Villagers and Antlers, any recommendations?

Not too fussed about Atomic bomb after seeing them last year at Latitude (and giving up after 3 or 4 songs).

:O

You gave up? crazy talk! I had a whale of a time, never seen the Obelisk field dance like that, except for Hot Chip (Alexis Taylor is always at the centre of these things, he has powers beyond that of a mortal man). I would have thought the Thursday headliner would have already been announced, crazy that the line-up is this strong and there's still big names to come, clashes are going to kill me dead.

I've never been before so would like a bit of info. I normally go to EOTR where you can wander about freely, no bag search or checks, take your own booze etc. Is Green Man like this or more like Latitude, Kendal Calling etc with quite stringent searches? Or is it somewhere in the middle where you can take the odd can through but not take the piss. Really not a fan of having to queue up to be patted down and have my bags ransacked every time I want to go into the arena!