Anyone else look like they're going solo? Or would like to have another person to join their Glasto party!

Beegone

Hey there,

I'm Berna, I've come all the way from Australia and I am currently living in London. Going to Glastonbury has always been one of my dreams as music festivals are no way near as epic down under. Fortunately I scored a ticket, however I do not know many people here in the UK, thus as a consequence it is becoming evident that my Glastonbury experience is looking lonely.

I want to go, however I'd love to meet new people and have people to go with rather than being a lone ranger. It'd make the experience so much better.

If you are also going solo or don't mind meeting someone new to party with, give me a shout and lets chat!

You're never alone at Glasto, unless you want to be.

Just say hello to your neighbours, offer them a drink or something and you'll become firm friends.

One year when I went solo I was pushing my wheelbarrow up a hill looking like a refugee with all his belongings and a group of women smiled as I passed their encampment.

"I'd quit while you're ahead," they said. So I stopped, they helped me put up my tent, offered me a coffee and we became firm friends.

We still try to meet up if possible for old times sake, though now it happens less as I've moved from camping into taking a caravan in CV East. But again there are now CV East caravanning neighbours we meet up with every year.

I'm a glasto newbie thus year and possibly going solo too.

The meets a good idea and I'd second woffies comment that they NfR Nfc guys are weirdos but in a cool friendly way

How do I found the meets?

And I shall join this NfR nfc thread.. Weird is better than boring!

How do I found the meets?

And I shall join this NfR nfc thread.. Weird is better than boring!

There's an official (if you can call it that) meet up of efests members on the Wedneday evening and then the NFR NFC crowd also are meeting up on the Thursday evening. Hopefully someone will come along and tell you the venues - I think the NFR NFC meet up location is a bit fluid at the moment, but might be wrong. Anyway, go to them and you'll have instant mates. Real friendly and nice people.You will not feeel alone.

Hi Beegone

I'm also going solo to my first Glastonbury this year, having done a few UK festivals (Latitude, End Of the Road etc.) on my own before.

It's my plan to help suggest/organise a bit of a plan for similar people on the forum to maybe camp in a group, at least to give more of an opportunity for some consistent familiar faces over the festival.

I know what people say about 'just talk to your neighbours' and/or 'go to the eFests meet', and that's fine, but if you're on your own, you might sometimes feel a little reluctant to 'impose' on a group who all seem to be close friends, camping right next to you!

So, I had thought to get some camping location ideas from the veterans on here, and make a plan to set up something with as many on here who wanted to create a bit of company from the beginning.

It's a bit early for anything yet, but keep an eye on the forum as we get closer, as no doubt I'm not the only one who will be thinking about such a plan!

Who knows, maybe we'll camp near one another...?!

Take care

Ben

• 2 weeks later...