bored already ! next year's headliners suggestions and hopes !

ramragon

I had to when I got back to get some of the bloody mud out...

Meant to ask this before : Was the weather / mud the worst anyone has experienced ?

I`ve seen a few shockers - Connect and Live at Loch Lomond which were both on the banks of Lochs and got really muddy - they both went out the game a while back. The Big Stooshie was in May and we had hail stones it was so cold. Was up in Fife and only lasted 1 year.

I think KC `14 was the worst for mud I have seen. As I`ve said we still had a really good time but it was difficult to get about especially for the weans and anyone who was drinking rum :ninja:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meant to ask this before : Was the weather / mud the worst anyone has experienced ?

I`ve seen a few shockers - Connect and Live at Loch Lomond which were both on the banks of Lochs and got really muddy - they both went out the game a while back. The Big Stooshie was in May and we had hail stones it was so cold. Was up in Fife and only lasted 1 year.

I think KC `14 was the worst for mud I have seen. As I`ve said we still had a really good time but it was difficult to get about especially for the weans and anyone who was drinking rum :ninja:

Remember one V and one IOW that were probably on a par but I don't think it rained as consistently as it did at Kendal!

I went to creamfields the year it got called off and that was pretty grim, I remember a river about a foot deep flowing through the campsite like a torrent carrying people on airbeds with it. The mud wasnt much worse than kendal though, the ground was relatively solid, it was just the sheer amount of rain water it couldnt handle.

wouldn't surprise me if they went all out this year for headliners.

they're getting roughly £10 more per adult ticket than last year as although they're selling at 'last years prices' they are the 2nd trance price from last year (£129).

The early birds last year were £115 going upto £119 and then £129. Not sure what the full price will be this year but would guess £139??

Capacity of 20,000ish but probably only 15,000 of them paying when you take into account staff, bands, stalls, 'friends!' etc would still give £150,000 more than last this year into the coffers. Price rises shouldn't eat up too much of that either as the fact other festivals have struggled and inflation is low(ish) should mean that KC can negotiate pretty hard.

10th year so hopefully a big year, anyone from this lot would be nice,

Franz Ferdinand,

Jamie T,

The Darkness,

Electric Six,

The Pogues,

Idlewild,

The Cribs,

Tom Veck,

Gruff Rhys,

Parquet Courts,

St Vincent,

Nick Cave & the bad seeds,

Savages,

Goy Boy Mcilroy,

Could go on more but won't bore you all.

There's a link on Facebook asking for suggestions for next year - you can nominate your top four picks and enter a draw to win tickets.... I've given it a go, will they actually take any notice though?

(It was tempting to put The Hotpots for each suggestion!)

Not sure how seriously they are taking it given Amy Winehouse is one of the choices. She'd probably give a livelier performance than Tom Odell mind

• 2 weeks later...

Have heard Catfish and the bottlemen a good few times on the tranny over the past few days. 6music are playing them and I heard them on Radio1 earlier ( my kids like R1 :ninja: )

Caught them at T and saw most of their excellent set at Kendal after getting the nod from youz folks on here. Big things next year looks likely. Hopefully a nice slot on the main stage at Kendal is a done deal.