Pogues

Guest mattyc1965

Just having a dig around on the Twits and came up with this from Spider's missus last year. I know their management (the same management as Muse) are very picky about what shows the consider for the band to play. With no new record to promote, the price has to be right for them to play a show. Makes them less likely this, or any other, year?

looking at the line up I am even more proud of the pogues for not entertaining the paltry offer they received from #glastonbury this year.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as they're on one of the smaller stages (Acoustic/West Holts),

don't think they'd work that well on the Other/Pyramid.

I saw them a few years ago at an open air of about 7000 people and they were great, but seemed a little lost on the big stage...

please let them clash with bloody Kasabian and we'd all have a happy festival-closer-show :dancer:

As long as they're on one of the smaller stages (Acoustic/West Holts),

don't think they'd work that well on the Other/Pyramid.

I saw them a few years ago at an open air of about 7000 people and they were great, but seemed a little lost on the big stage...

please let them clash with bloody Kasabian and we'd all have a happy festival-closer-show :dancer:

I went to their Christmas shows at Brixton for a number of years (including at least a couple advertised as "last ever")

Really wouldn't be the same without Phil Chevron. Shane MacGowan may have had his teeth done, but if he's still drinking as much as he was then it's fair to say his singing is better described as slurring.

That tweet goes some way to confirming what I'd suspect, which is that it's very much about the cash. No problem with that, but probably explains why they haven't appeared at Glasto for a couple of decades (the pay on offer was probably in the thousands)

I saw them at Vfestival a few years ago and would absolutely agree that they'd suit a tent more than an outdoor stage, but for whatever reason I can imagine them on West Holts (similar to the Waterboys a few years ago)

All told, the chance to hear Sally Maclennane and Thousands are Sailing at Glastonbury is one I'd seize.

• 2 weeks later...