Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irrespective of how you access Emperors Field, as you're driving from the south you'll leave the M6 at junction 39....however, those camping in EF who are driving from the North or East could potentially be faced with an additional 20 miles of driving if we have to access the site with the normal campsite crowd.

Those getting taxis from Penrith could be hit with a whopping fare if the latter is the case as they'll have to head 13 miles south on the M6 and then 7 miles north off the M6!!

That'll suit me down to the ground ! Gives everything a much better feel when the suns out. Fancy dress day in the lashing rain wud be a washout.

Where abouts you from mickey ? You got far to travel

Edited by MickeyMo

Everybody stop talking about the weather now! When I heard the news this morning I was running round the house shouting YESSSSSS!!!!!!.....but it is important not to anger the weather Gods - shhhhh! Don't let them hear us getting excited! (but I am now very very excited!)

Good evening. Thought I might as well join in the fun. Second KC coming up and I have no doubts that the weather will be even better than last year, no worries. God's a good mate of mine and he told me all about it.

Errrrrmmmmmmmm, top threes then?

Friday - Admiral Fallow, The Correspondents, Little Barrie

Saturday - Sound of Guns, The View, Tribes

Sunday - Twisted Wheel, We Are Scientists, Vintage Trouble

Also, has anyone noticed that The View's website has them at KC for all three days? Prolly means nowt, but here's hoping for more than one performance.

Good evening. Thought I might as well join in the fun. Second KC coming up and I have no doubts that the weather will be even better than last year, no worries. God's a good mate of mine and he told me all about it.

Errrrrmmmmmmmm, top threes then?

Friday - Admiral Fallow, The Correspondents, Little Barrie

Saturday - Sound of Guns, The View, Tribes

Sunday - Twisted Wheel, We Are Scientists, Vintage Trouble

Also, has anyone noticed that The View's website has them at KC for all three days? Prolly means nowt, but here's hoping for more than one performance.

That would be good...not massively fussed about seeing them but they're gonna clash with Our Fold so hopefully they'll do another set that doesn't clash

Well, that's my wife's ticket given away to a friend who's arriving sometime on the Friday, she's gutted she's not going but being 12 weeks pregnant and being on no medication she didn't wanna risk 2 festivals in a week.

Happy days for my mate who went from looking at the line up with jealous eyes to being the surprise recipient of a free Kendal calling ticket with emperors field privaleges. He's bringing me a few beers !

Just gotta get my 12 year old daughter to keep me under control now ! Which judging by her eye raising and arm folding when she's unimpressed with me at home shouldn't be too hard

Can't wait

Well, that's my wife's ticket given away to a friend who's arriving sometime on the Friday, she's gutted she's not going but being 12 weeks pregnant and being on no medication she didn't wanna risk 2 festivals in a week.

Happy days for my mate who went from looking at the line up with jealous eyes to being the surprise recipient of a free Kendal calling ticket with emperors field privaleges. He's bringing me a few beers !

Just gotta get my 12 year old daughter to keep me under control now ! Which judging by her eye raising and arm folding when she's unimpressed with me at home shouldn't be too hard

Can't wait

Loved the first album...but haven't really been that blown away by anything since (by them I mean, I'm not suggested their 1st album was so good music stopped for me at that point).

Shame they're not on the main stage Friday instead...

Well I would heartily suggest a good listen to The View's new album. And even if their output isn't up to the standard of the first album (which in my eyes is a start-to-finish classic) they have had their moments and have a wicked (is that still a word to describe good things?) live repertoire.

Anyway, enough of me bigging up The View. I sound like I work for them.

Just noticed something magic though - Rockaoke on the Sunday. Anyone know where I can get my hands on a Justin Hawkins-style catsuit? I am going to raaaaaawwwwwkkkkkkk the socks off the Houseparty tent. Massively off key styley.

Edited by A Man