Hop Farm 2012

Guest yasgursfarmhand

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting tomorrow to get a few bands from across the three days, and then maye one of the headliners? It's only a week or so since they made that statement about how difficult they've found it, so I would be surprised if they had everything sorted already with regards to all three headliners.

Nonetheless, it will be good to have something announced and hopefully with that will come ticket prices and on-sale dates as well (though I'm hoping they won't be on sale for a little while yet so I can put off having that much money come out of my account!)

There have been so many names thrown about in this thread that I'm not sure whether any band would be expected at this point - most that we had strong rumours for at one point have either been ruled out or announced elsewhere by now. The only band that I'd be surprised not to be there is Pulp, and as this seems like one of the few obvious choices now I'd expect we'll see them in an announcment tomorrow?

I live only a few miles away from the hop farm, and it's perfect festival weather for it today - seems like as good a time as any to get some confirmed news about it!

I'm going to guess the headliners are: Mumford & Sons, PULP & Paul McCartney (possibly Neil Young instead, but I doubt it)

The undercard is always a lot harder to predict at Hop Farm, but I'd wager a good guess at Plan B being on there & I personally would like to see PJ Harvey subbing one of the days too, though I don't know how likely she'd be.

Is there any chance of Aerosmith? They've got the 29/30th free from their tour, but also the HRC weekend.

http://www.aeroforceone.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/1540188/pid/302766

I don't know anything about touring so not sure if that's too much of a trip across the pond in the four days they've got between gigs in the US.

I can't believe Mumford & Sons will headline, with only one album? Honestly? I'd be pretty sad.

I'd say those dates pretty much rule out Aerosmith from both Hop Farm & HRC.

With regards to Mumford & Sons, they are massive now, a lot more so than the last time they played despite the new album not being out yet (it might be by the summer time) & there has to be some reason as to why they've not yet announced any English dates? The only UK show they're doing is Rockness, which if I remember correctly was not advertised as a UK exclusive? & there aren't exactly many places left that they could play...

With regards to Mumford & Sons, they are massive now, a lot more so than the last time they played despite the new album not being out yet (it might be by the summer time) & there has to be some reason as to why they've not yet announced any English dates? The only UK show they're doing is Rockness, which if I remember correctly was not advertised as a UK exclusive? & there aren't exactly many places left that they could play...

I'm pretty much expecting Mumfords to be announced for Hop Farm.

Having said that, I had info a while back that said they wouldn't be doing any English fests, but the full thing I heard doesn't quite add up as true to me .... which is why I think they'll be at Hop Farm, along with them being just the sort of act that Hop Farm goes for.