Going to Glasto early?

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna bring my small throw up/fold down tent for the days before the fest when tents will be up and down all the time and get a bigger one for Glasto itself. I used my small one for the fest last year and it was kinda too small with all my clothes and stuff in it. It'll be nice and convenient to put up and down and not too small when my car will be close by whilst camping before the fest though. I'm thinking of getting a 4 manner for Glasto. Everything was so awkward last year, like getting dressed and messing about with stupid boots and stuff in that little pop up job that I took.

I love that pic...mainly as I know my tent isnt in there! ;)

tbf I dont have any other time off work booked yet, so this is my only holiday for this year at the moment.

I'm gonna bring my small throw up/fold down tent for the days before the fest when tents will be up and down all the time and get a bigger one for Glasto itself. I used my small one for the fest last year and it was kinda too small with all my clothes and stuff in it. It'll be nice and convenient to put up and down and not too small when my car will be close by whilst camping before the fest though. I'm thinking of getting a 4 manner for Glasto. Everything was so awkward last year, like getting dressed and messing about with stupid boots and stuff in that little pop up job that I took.

This is what i'm going to do. I have a 2 man quechua tent that is ideal for one night. Putting up a 4 man dome for one night would be a nightmare! Then (if I remember) i'll take it to the lockups. I may even take it to , cover it in survival blankets and put booze in there to keep cool ;)

Oh and a four man tent (with a porch don't forget) is ideal for one person at Glasto, it still gives you plenty of room and is not too big.

Flying in to Bristol on Tuesday night. Should be there about 10ish. Whats the deal with Glastonbury Village pints/Tor climbing then?

Also, is there a campsite/B & B nearby? As Im flying in quite late Im conscious of time but really want to have a few pints and climb the Tor if possible.

This will be my first pre Glasto meet/activity so dont hold back on the info! :rolleyes:

I am going to point you in this direction because I have just bought one and they are Fantasic.

Vango beta 450

Not sure the above is in Efest list of "clicky make money" shops but you could try one of those as well.

(I still have my 2002 tent but it has seen better days now, so it will be relegated to Reading only. Therefore if it gets torched, rolled over, peed on, blown away, vomited on, holed from a foreign body landing on it or nicked I wont care)