Going to Glasto early?

Guest Paul ™

I’m pretty much certain I will be able to join you all on the Tuesday now. I can’t make up my mind whether to tent it at Old Oaks or get a room somewhere. The tent I have is a right pain to put up for one night.

I live an hour’s drive away and I will be coming by car, so it will be a pleasure to pick up anyone coming on the Tuesday by train. Andover is my local station – an hour and ten minutes from Waterloo or any station in and around Glastonbury.

edit>>> of course I'll be offering a lift to anyone there is room left for on Wednesday to site.

Come Monday lunchtime, I can drop people off at Andover station ( for Waterloo ) but I don't fancy trying to get near Castle Carrie - or what ever it's called !

Edited by Staberinde

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, a group of us may be heading to avebury for the solstice, wont be camping tho as its only a 20 min drive. Wondering if your glastonbury meet up is open to thoes not camping, if so count us in.

.p.s. wots the campsite uve been lookin into stayin at cuz i mite be able to tell you distances to the site, taxi companys nearby, ect.

Sorry, haven't had time to catch up with this whole thread for the moment, but it looks very much like festivaldeb and I will be staying over in Glastonbury (town) the weekend prior to Glastonbury. Certainly the Saturday and Sunday nights (20th and 21st June) and maybe the Friday night too (19th). We hope to camp on the Isle of Avalon campsite.

We will be heading onsite to the Festival on the Monday as we'll be working and we can ... (sorry!)

But if there are plans for any *early* meetups around Glastonbury town+, and especially if there are likely to be any Tor based Solstice shenanigans on the Saturday night, we'd be well up for joining in.

+The Riflemans rocks for both beer and atmosphere!

I know paolo999 (also working in our crew) may well be thinking of joining us in Glastonbury, and most likely a non festival attending friend (I know, I know ... ) as well.

Edited by William of Walworth

hey, a group of us may be heading to avebury for the solstice, wont be camping tho as its only a 20 min drive. Wondering if your glastonbury meet up is open to thoes not camping, if so count us in.

.p.s. wots the campsite uve been lookin into stayin at cuz i mite be able to tell you distances to the site, taxi companys nearby, ect.

Am waiting on Genveers and her +1 to decide if they are camping on the Tuesday with us, but they would need a lift sorted to the site on the Wednesday morning too :lol: (which probably would be the dealmaker)

Edited by Paul ™

I'll have space in the car also if anyone needs a lift :lol: Someone who knows the way to the gate we'll be going to would be ideal :)

Get urself there for Solstice :lol:

As for lifts to the site on the Wednesday morning, it will all work out B)

By the way, anyone booking into Old Oaks for either the Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday only then best try pair up with someone (:)) to make it cheaper.. it's £18 per night for a pitch (2 tents on a pitch) so work out £9 each per night.

I will be booking mine (and llcoolphil) this week

Get urself there for Solstice :lol:

As for lifts to the site on the Wednesday morning, it will all work out B)

By the way, anyone booking into Old Oaks for either the Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday only then best try pair up with someone (:)) to make it cheaper.. it's £18 per night for a pitch (2 tents on a pitch) so work out £9 each per night.

I will be booking mine (and llcoolphil) this week

For Solstice we are camping near Avebury, did I send you details? B)

That's £4 a night...:lol:

Hey guys

In amongst all the excitement of Solstice Shenanigans I have majorly failed to sort out the most important part...getting around!

I plan on getting to wherever we need to get to by train hopefuly but do not have any way of getting between places unless one of you kind folks has car space for me, my 80l rucksack and normal sized daisy tent and my bag of booze!

Am I too late folks? Oh eck! :lol: