Going to Glasto early?

Guest Paul ™

Traveling? Pah, poor excuse not to keep on top of things :lol:

I've been traveling round Oz in a van since October and I still manage it.....ok, so I have some cool toys which mean I can get online even if I'm sat, getting high, in the back of my van (like now :lol:)

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me! :lol:

I get back from Oz in May and I'm probably gonna be staying with friends in Reading in the lead up to Glasto, so this would be ideal.

Never been to Cheddar Gorge but I do like cheese so looking forward to that too :)

Room for 2 more on the Tuesday? My friend and I were going to travel down as far as Bristol on the Tuesday, stay over there then bus it to Glasto Wednesday morning, but this seems like much more fun!

I've booked the Tuesday off work anyway so was going to set off first thing from Sheffield. Unless there's anyone from this way who was thinking about/will be driving down and has space for 2, in which case we can make the journey cheaper for you :lol:

cheddar gorge is ace, although unfortunately not made of cheese.

We (zee two of us) definitely want to come down for the Sunday night, though only if it is still OK to get lifts? (We'll chip in fuel costs/or buy you a pint)Apparently it's 10 miles to walk between the two (Says Googlemaps. How accurate are they?). Also, does anyone know how one might get from Avesbury to Glastonbury or there abouts on the Monday?

Cheers

Scuse me for being the ever annoying one throwing a spanner in the works from the other side of the world...but...

The Vale of Avalon campsite...isnt that the one that is miles from the Tor and the Rifleman's on the other side of town??? :D

Stayed there in 07, its good for groups yes, but a trek and a half to town I seem to recall both for drinks and din dins.

I know Old Oakes doesnt take groups BUT...consider this...

we will only be sitting up late chatting etc for no more than 2 hours max after staggering back in a probably very inebriated state having visited the Tor as well after the Riflemans (which is a nearby but steep stagger on the other side of the hill). It is on the right side of town for the 7am max exodus convoy to White Gate and and you can see the festy site from your tent (which may I say is a very lush and exciting thing to witness!) AND the showers are warm at 6am unlike Vale of Avalon...did NOT appreciate a cold shower as my last piece of civilisation the morning of the fest in 07! :D

If the masses all stay at Vale how do we get us all back in the aforementioned wrecked and cidered up state? Noone is going to stay sober to drive the ever increasing crew size back are they now? :D

Just thought I would put my 5 penneth worth in and would like to put in a big vote and shout out for staying at Old Oakes please for all the above obvious and sensible reasons.

Slap me down if I am being a twat! :P