Saturday headliner

Guest timespeedsup

Hello,

Because we have had a few enquires about this and day tickets sales, i'm just writing a quick message to say that we will be announcing the headliners for Friday and Saturday at Wychwood 2008 soon. The line-up is not yet complete and there are still lots of great names to come!

We will announce friday's headliner early next week and Saturday's the week after. With day ticket on sale very soon. Please keep an eye on the web site for more information.

This years headliners are far inferior to last years IMO. The Levellers & Fun Lovin' Criminals have enough anthems between them to storm most festivals whereas the Proclaimers have 3 well known songs & The Divine Comedy?!?!?!?...National Express....can't think of any other songs of theirs & didn't even think they were still together. There will be enough happening on the other stages to keep everyone entertained but it's a shame that the headline acts are of the 'one hit wonder' variety.

Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!

+ Just heard the brill news that Transglobal Underground are gonna close the Fest AFTER the Sunday nite headliner. ^_^ I can hear the sitars & drums now!

We would love to hear if Graham & Janet have secured 3 Daft Monkeys? ;)

And any chance of getting The Wonderstuff? Even if Miles Hunt solo/acoustic with fiddler. PLEeeeaaasssee?!

They have secured 'something for the weekend' ^_^

Never seen The Divine Comedy, but would imagine they can trot out a half-set of recognizable tunes, in just the way that I know The Proclaimers can in a most entertaining manner.

So am pleased enough with this headliner. A 7.5/10 & hopefully rising.

• 1 month later...
+ Just heard the brill news that Transglobal Underground are gonna close the Fest AFTER the Sunday nite headliner. :P I can hear the sitars & drums now!

We would love to hear if Graham & Janet have secured 3 Daft Monkeys? :)

And any chance of getting The Wonderstuff? Even if Miles Hunt solo/acoustic with fiddler. PLEeeeaaasssee?!