NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

Just to add to what everyone else has said:

It's also when you receive a message through your wii. This can either be from Nintendo telling you anything from how much you played today, or that a new update is available, or from a friend online. Some utter geeks dakyras sends himself messages via email because they like the pretty blue light.

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My PS3 has dispatched and should arrive on Thursday.

How do we go about getting the new maps for COD4? I know they aren't yet out for PS3... but when they are released , i'm just wondering how it's done - do you just download them? How much will it cost?

Heard this?

Mario Kart wii

the 8th-biggest-selling debut game in British history, and the single biggest-selling debut Nintendo game in British history

Holy shit, must have done crazy numbers, apparently its already outsold Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers, Mario Party 8 & Mario & Sonic at Olympic Games combined first week sales together.

Thats a hell of a lot of copies, and Wii Fit is in two weeks and apparently the demand is even greater, play are already processing payments and shipping out wii fit from Wednesday because demand is so great

Nintendo are just on cloud 9 at the moment

I think the network play element has a lot to do with it, I will be getting it this weekend.

Lauz, you should seriously invest in a 360, it is well worth it, I only really get time for it at the weekend but even so it is by far the most played console I have ever had.

we sold out of mario kart at work in a day.....but that was probabaly because most members of staff bought a copy :blink:

i love mario kart...such a good game!!

I think the network play element has a lot to do with it, I will be getting it this weekend.

Lauz, you should seriously invest in a 360, it is well worth it, I only really get time for it at the weekend but even so it is by far the most played console I have ever had.

My PS3 has dispatched and should arrive on Thursday.

How do we go about getting the new maps for COD4? I know they aren't yet out for PS3... but when they are released , i'm just wondering how it's done - do you just download them? How much will it cost?

OK, Mario Kart is slightly annoying me now.

It's sufferring slightly from randomness a bit too much. What I mean is, no matter how good you drive, you are quite often doomed when going for a good rank in the 150cc class.

Last night I got 1st place in 3 races. Then on the fourth I just felt like I was being screwed over and over. Eventually I worked up a lead again and then on the final lap I got hit by, yes, a blue shell, followed by a red, as I was sat still Donkey Kong knocked me off the track. Finished 4th. I had my high rank ripped from me by sheer stupid randomness.

In one of those races the opposite happened. I just had a shit race, got pummelled and it seemed all the green shells bouncing around were always bouncing into me. Then on the last lap I got a Bullet Bill and cruise controlled over the finish line in first place. I deserved to lose but I won with a cheap Bullet Bill. It basically picked me up and put me at the front right at the end of a race. What a hollow victory, and it's happened to me before.

Time Trials for me then! Once I've clearred the GP's I might attempt a one star. Sodding items and sinister AI are doing my nut in. It's balanced for the casual player so it seems, and there seems to be a "cap" on the skill level. What I mean is the player gets to a certain level of skill, but anything beyond that is just sheer luck. What this means is when going for a two or three star rank - it basically comes down to pure dumb luck (you must lead the pack, which is sometimes impossible due to blue shells and the odd unlucky follow-up gangbang).

A crap player will always lose to a decent one, but a decent player can beat a shit hot player any day. If you can work your way round the tracks you always have a shot at first place, no matter how much you powerslide or boost.

It seems Nintendo knew this and this is why Time Trials now play a bigger part. That's where the real racing is. No bullshit items, just pure skill.

Edited by Purple Monkey

hmv are still taking pre orders

OOPS forgot to press the quote button!!!! that was in reply about the wii fit

Edited by Lauz_Abbott

oh...they are doing it store. i work in hmv so im regualy taking pre-orders for it - took 2 today

Yeah, COD4 wasn't so bad, but Gran Turismo kept f**king up. It said I needed to download something when I tried going online, so I did... it took about 45 minutes to get half way through, then said an error occurred. Was weird. I'll try again tomorrow.

So I just shot people instead. I'm dead shit though.

always nice to see...but i tend not to worry to much about the future of computer games...

the next generation of workers is going to include alot of people who LOVE computer games...the industry and fan base will the there for so many years to come...we just need some people to succumb to evolution.