NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why cant shitty Treyarch fix the glitches on Cod. There are vids all over youtube so why cant they do something about it.

Castle,

Roundhouse

Seelow

And more. All today i have seen people under these maps. So annoying.

:)

Quite right. I am happy just to sit at the back and let everyone else do the killing. Mainly because I'm rubbish.

Twas excellent fun though. Sadly, whilst on the Isle of Man the XBOX will not be online. I have access to Wi Fi but i fear that it is not strong enough to properly sustain online gaming. Also, I anticipate haviing so much work to do that getting the thing online may not be the best idea...

Gives me plenty of time to do the single missions then...

I've seen the glitch on Castle, but didn't know there were others.

If I get killed by someone on Castle and the killcam shows they were under the map, I report them.

Totally and utterly pointless to cheat like that.

I think all the multiplayer maps are really well designed (I love Hangar - my favourite map) so to have these little glitches is pretty annoying.

Edited by dan666

I'm bored at work, and we've been talking about computer games through the ages. It's taken a while, and many titles have suffered with some fine-tuning (Mass Effect, Halo 3, Sonic 2, Jungle Strike, Super Mario 64, Street Fighter 2) but I think I've got my ultimate list.

So here is my top 10 of all time:

10. Championship Manager 03/04 (PC) - for some reason my favourite version, with the sw*nky (at the time) 2-D games engine. Wolves won the League/Cup/Champs League treble 5 years running with Julius Agahowa - the world's greatest player - averaging 35-40 goals per season. Then he moved to Wigan (in reality here) a few years ago and turned out to be shit. Paul Jewell didn't know how to get the best out of him. I would have.

9. Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic (xbox) - I don't think I've ever had so much game time on just one game - I bloody loved this. It had the single finest Star Wars plot twist that could rival the 'I am your father' line from Empire Strikes Back, and Darth Malak was a hard bastard. Make this into a film, Lucas!!

8. Lego Indiana Jones (xbox 360) - I went for Indy because it's the only game I've ever achieved 1000 points on, and because I've already given a Star Wars game a place on the list. All Lego games are tremendous fun - but the cut scenes in this one were (I think) the best. But Star Wars and Batman all rule as Lego. Lego Harry Potter next, please!

7. Streets of Rage 2 (Megadrive) - I went for number 2 because the step up from the original was immense. I remember being wowed by the noise of someone being punched, and the bosses were rather cool. I was just a corruptable 12 year old at the time.

6. Wii Sports (Wii) - Simply for the amount of fun it is possible to have with 3 childish mates and a polypin of ale. Genius!!

5. Zelda - The Wind Waker (Gamecube) - Most Zelda fans thought this was the weakest Zelda game. I'm not a huge Zelda fan, but I thought this was ace with good, varied gameplay, decent puzzles and I was amongst the few who loved the cel-shaded graphics.

4. Bioshock (xbox 360) - Nowadays I look for multiplayer games to last for a while, but it's nice to be reminded that a game can have a totally compelling single player campaign. Everything about this game oozes class - the way you could kill enemies by using different powers, the amazingly atmospheric setting and a strong storyline. Roll on Bioshock 2!!

3. Goldeneye (N64) - one of the best FPS games of all time - single and multiplayer. I remember this being the first game I ever completed on super-hard setting (00 Agent I think it was called) and being much better at it than my mates were. And thinking how can any game ever be better graphically?

2. Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (xbox) - I went for this version because I think the series has gone backwards ever since which is a shame. I have always loved the series - possibly the most playable game EVER, with the ability to create my own fantasy Wolves team. It needs a next-gen (or should that now be current-gen) makeover!

1. Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty: World At War (xbox 360) - I can't separate them so I put them together. Either way, it is the most addictive multiplayer game I have ever played. The graphics are gorgeous, the perks/challenges are a great addition and I just keep coming back to it. The campaign modes - whilst short - are also intense and good fun (4's story matched by WAW's co-op modes). I've been playing this since November 2007 over the 2 titles, and I think that'll carry on until Call Of Duty 6 (confirmed as 'Modern Warfare 2') comes out this autumn. Simply unbeatable, but I said the same about Goldeneye 12 years ago!!

no order

pro evolution 5 (xbox)

grand theft auto: vice city (xbox)

fifa 2000 (psone)

dave mirra freestyle bmx (dreamcast)

sonic (master system ii)

football manager 2006 (pc)

crazy taxi (dreamcast)

mario kart 64 (n64)

goldeneye (n64)

number 1

shenmue (dreamcast)

probably a few ive missed out though.

no order

pro evolution 5 (xbox)

grand theft auto: vice city (xbox)

fifa 2000 (psone)

dave mirra freestyle bmx (dreamcast)

sonic (master system ii)

football manager 2006 (pc)

crazy taxi (dreamcast)

mario kart 64 (n64)

goldeneye (n64)

number 1

shenmue (dreamcast)

probably a few ive missed out though.

My favourites of the top of my head, there's probably more:

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (ps1)

Oddworld: abe's exodus(ps1)

International superstar soccer (ps1) still can't beat the original, spent weeks on this with my mates

Rage racer(ps1)

resident evil(ps1)

driver(ps1)

Brian lara cricket (ps1) Another great game to play with mates

metal gear solid (ps1)

Grand theft auto san andreas (ps2)

God of war(ps2)

need for speed (ps2)

Bioshock (xbox360)

call of duty 4 (xbox360)

Guitar hero(xbox360)

i'll try doing a top ten, but it will take ages and probably wont contain any new games lol, other than super mario galaxy, mario games are the only thing left now in gaming that make me play it till it's been completed, they f**ked up sonic beyond belief i don't even want to play the new one. Powerstone 2 and streets of rage 2 will be in the list though :lol:

Speaking of streets of rage, got the final one on virtual console as the cart is worth 50-60 quid on fleabay lol, why doesn't axel scream grand upper :S

Had my first experience of call of duty last night, can see why everyone is so obsessed with this, shame everyone's played it so much tis very hard online, so i just resort to running around and knifing people, much more fun lol.

absolute top 10

grim fandango (pc) best adventure game

final fantasy VII (ps1) best rpg

deus ex (pc) pure brilliance

theme hospital (pc)

football manager (pc) not sure which version, been playing them since championship manager 2.

metal gear solid (1&2) (ps1/2)

ufo: enemy unknown (pc)

total annihilation (pc)

rome: total war (pc)

call of duty/call of duty 4 (call of duty 1 had better single player, 4 better multiplayer) (pc)

but damn close

pro evo 4 (ps2) (1-2s and lobs were better than 5 if I remember correctly)

starcraft (pc)

knights of the old republic (xbox) (2nd wasn't bad, but first one was brilliant)

half life (pc) (still not played 2 for some stranger reason)

speed ball 2: brutal deluxe megadrive?

streets of rage 2 megadrive or snes can't remember

Grand theft auto: vice city and san andreas ps2

guitar hero 2 ps2

fallout 3 pc

bioshock pc

road rash megadrive

tony hawks pro skater 1-4 (ps1/2)

chrono trigger snes

final fantasy 3-12 love em all

medieval 2: total war pc

civilization 4 pc

rollercoaster tycoon pc

soul blade ps1

Edited by ralph250

Not in favourite order, that is just too hard to do but in chronological order -

be9c_1.JPG

Jet Set Willy - ZX Spectrum

1132836902-00.jpg

PGA European Tour - Amiga 1200

605409.jpg

PGA Tour Golf - SNES

1198253661-Super_Mario_Kart.jpg

Super Mario Kart - SNES

Pilotwings_64_box.jpg

Pilotwings 64

SMallstars.jpg

Super Mario Allstars - SNES *ok it's not 1 game but hey!

500px-SuperMario64_boxart.jpg

Super Mario 64 - N64

goldeneye.jpg

Goldeneye - N64

The-Legend-of-Zelda--Ocarina-of-Time-1.jpg

Zelda Ocarina of Time - N64

335240ps.gif

Tiger Woods 2009 - PS3

As you can see, the Nintendo consoles were my youth (especially my favourite the N64), many a day we sat getting wasted playing a round of golf or a Mario Kart tournament!

Never had a PS1/2 nor did I really play on them much to remember any significant games.

Never had the XBox 360 long to get into a game bigtime.

Also never had the Wii long enough to define any games into my top 10, though Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart were close.

Only had the PS3 a short time, got plenty games for it but only TW2009 makes it into my Top 10 so far!

this is far too hard...

Elite (BBC Micro)

Bak 2 Skool (Sinclair Spectrum)

supercars 2 (Amiga)

Secret Of Monkey Island (Amiga)

Moonstone (Amiga)

Street Fighter II (SNES)

Championship manager 93/94 (Amiga)

Civilization II (PC)

Deus Ex (PC)

Half Life 2 (PC)

Seeing that old Super Maio Kart cover makes me remember jut how popular the game was when it came out. Cant believe its sixteen years now. Still the best version as well I reckon.

Also, Pilotwings 64 was never as good as the original. Still play Pilotwings today on my SNES Emulator.

Edited by Uncle Liam

in no particular order apart from no 1

Grim Fandango (PC)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)

Lylat Wars (N64)

Metal Gear Solid (PS)

Final Fantasy 7 (PS)

Tekken 3 (PS)

Bioshock (360)

Resident Evil 4 (PS2)

California Games (SMD)

and no 1