NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go without live for like a month or too...then buy a years membership...thats what i did with my orginal xbox when i was 15 and had no money at all.

And i think it's T8y that said PSN is crap...i quite like it.

I've experienced no lag in game, on anything...only big problem i have with it is a couple of new releases have ballsed up the online capabilities a bit (GTA4, Civ Rev) but they're fixed now...

The store had got at least 3 games that, imo, would be must buys on disk (Warhawk, Siren Blood Curse and Tekken5DR). Then Wipeout HD is guna come out, got loads of PS1 games getting added every week...and then theres the unbridled joy that is Super Stardust HD.

the games are well priced, if mabe a touch expensive compared to the US and Japanese PSN stores, but thats a problem with all consumer electronics in this country atm. And it's completely free...just the ticket.

I've had my PS3 since april...and i have more games off the store than on disk...which i don't know, is a bit of a double edged blade i guess...

go without live for like a month or too...then buy a years membership...thats what i did with my orginal xbox when i was 15 and had no money at all.

And i think it's T8y that said PSN is crap...i quite like it.

I've experienced no lag in game, on anything...only big problem i have with it is a couple of new releases have ballsed up the online capabilities a bit (GTA4, Civ Rev) but they're fixed now...

The store had got at least 3 games that, imo, would be must buys on disk (Warhawk, Siren Blood Curse and Tekken5DR). Then Wipeout HD is guna come out, got loads of PS1 games getting added every week...and then theres the unbridled joy that is Super Stardust HD.

the games are well priced, if mabe a touch expensive compared to the US and Japanese PSN stores, but thats a problem with all consumer electronics in this country atm. And it's completely free...just the ticket.

I've had my PS3 since april...and i have more games off the store than on disk...which i don't know, is a bit of a double edged blade i guess...

Edited by t8yman

my main gripe with PSN was with games like cod4. I either couldnt invite friends, or couldnt join games in progress - one of the two - which pissed me off, and the fact that there isnt a recognised official headset bundled with the console meant that (at the time) 90% of people didnt use chat. I hated being in silent games - even trash talk is better than silence!

I'm sure PSN is a lot better now - but the 360 was/is a lot simpler and more user friendly.

and the UK psn store is absolutely the poor relation of the psn world. at least arcade on the 360 is universal - if an arcade game comes out - its worldwide from day one. how long did the euro regions wait for PAIN? it was a piss take.

in my expeirience...which was opposite form yours in terms of i had a Xbox then a PS3...the arcade wasn't any better for european releases...if thats changed now, then ill have to give 360 that...and i'll hae to take your word for it in terms of PSN World...i have no idea whats in that...but im sure it's a shite site more...

sony promise a over-haul in the winter...they're bringing out film and TV to buy and rent, thus the bigger HD's they're putting out now.

I hated that connectivity problems...but they're gone now. Mostly. :rolleyes:

i just find the interface on he PS3 much easier to use...plus, the future for PS3 looks a lot brighter than for 360...i mean...waiting for M.A.G and God of War 3 is enough for me to hold on to this console no matter what...and warhawk in the meantime :lol:

never been any different, arcade has always been universal release - right from day one.

the us and jap psn stores have always had a far better deal than the euro ones, one of the main reasons I got fed up with sony was the singstar debacle - even though that wasnt just europe, sony promised 30+ songs on the disc, and 300 on the psn at launch, I still dont think they have 300 on the store even now - almost a year later.

dont get me wrong - ps3 will start to earn its stripes soon, its just that "the next gen starts when we say so" and all the other bollocks harrison came out with really pissed me off - 360 owners have been playing top notch next gen stuff for 3+ years, and IMHO sony have only really come to the party in the last 5 months or so. 360/ps3 flame wars will always happen, and as I said above - wipeout HD is really gonna test my resolve over the coming months.

Dunno if this has been posted yet

From this Friday 360 price crash

Arcade [no hard drive] - £129.99

Premium [60gb HD] - £169.99

Elite [120gb HD] £229.99

This is permanent by the way, might pick myself up a premium or arcade, or I'll wait until PES 2009, cus thats what I want it for, that and Resi 5 next year

plus I'll pick up a bunch of classics for dirt cheapness :rolleyes:

Is it relatively straightforward swapping all your stuff over to the new one? I've reached thepoint where I'm running close to the 60gb limit and occasionally have to delete stuff to make room -- which is fine while there's stuff on there I haven't paid for but ...
Edited by modey

Guitar Hero Hendrix?

And..Life for PS3 which is released today (and free) and looks....interesting but pointless imo, except it might make everyone get Folding@home, which they should.

might download it..

Edited by Greeny_Musicchild

Would be great...

Setlist for GH world tour

311 - “Beautiful Disaster”

30 Seconds To Mars - “The Kill”

Airbourne - “Too Much Too Young”

The Allman Brothers Band - “Ramblin' Man”

Anouk - “Good God”

The Answer - “Never Too Late”

At The Drive-In - “One Armed Scissor”

Beastie Boys - “No Sleep Till Brooklyn”

Beatsteaks - “Hail to the Freaks”

Billy Idol - “Rebel Yell”

Black Label Society - “Stillborn”

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - “Weapon of Choice”

blink-182 - “Dammit”

Blondie - “One Way or Another”

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - “Hollywood Nights”

Bon Jovi - “Livin’ On A Prayer”

Bullet For My Valentine - “Scream Aim Fire”

Coldplay - “Shiver”

Creedence Clearwater Revival - “Up Around The Bend”

The Cult - “Love Removal Machine”

Dinosaur Jr. - “Feel The Pain”

The Doors - “Love Me Two Times”

Dream Theater - “Pull Me Under”

The Eagles - “Hotel California”

The Enemy - “Aggro”

Filter - “Hey Man, Nice Shot”

Fleetwood Mac - “Go Your Own Way”

Foo Fighters - “Everlong”

The Guess Who - “American Woman”

Hush Puppies - “You're Gonna Say Yeah!”

Interpol - “Obstacle 1”

Jane's Addiction - “Mountain Song”

Jimi Hendrix - “Purple Haze (Live)”

Jimi Hendrix - “The Wind Cries Mary”

Jimmy Eat World - “The Middle”

Joe Satriani - “Satch Boogie”

Kent - “Vinternoll2”

Korn - “Freak On A Leash”

Lacuna Coil - “Our Truth”

Lenny Kravitz - “Are You Gonna Go My Way”

Linkin Park - “What I've Done”

The Living End - “Prisoner of Society”

Los Lobos - “La Bamba”

Lost Prophets - “Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)”

Lynyrd Skynyrd - “Sweet Home Alabama (Live)”

Mars Volta - “L'Via L'Viaquez”

MC5’s Wayne Kramer - “Kick Out The Jams”

Metallica - “Trapped Under Ice”

Michael Jackson - “Beat It”

Modest Mouse - “Float On”

Motörhead - “Overkill”

Muse - “Assassin”

Negramaro - “Nuvole e Lenzuola”

Nirvana - “About a Girl (Unplugged)”

No Doubt - “Spiderwebs”

NOFX - “Soul Doubt”

Oasis - “Some Might Say”

Ozzy Osbourne - “Crazy Train”

Ozzy Osbourne - “Mr. Crowley”

Paramore - “Misery Business”

Pat Benatar - “Heartbreaker”

R.E.M. - “The One I Love”

Radio Futura - “Escuela De Calor”

Rise Against - “Re-Education Through Labor”

Sex Pistols - “Pretty Vacant”

Silversun Pickups - “Lazy Eye”

Smashing Pumpkins - “Today”

Steely Dan - “Do It Again”

Steve Miller Band - “The Joker”

Sting - “Demolition Man (Live)”

The Stone Roses - “Love Spreads”

Stuck In The Sound - “Toy Boy”

Sublime - “Santeria”

Survivor - “Eye of the Tiger”

System of a Down - “B.Y.O.B.”

Ted Nugent - “Stranglehold”

Ted Nugent’s Original Guitar Duel Recording

Tokio Hotel - “Monsoon”

Tool - “Parabola”

Tool - “Schism”

Tool - “Vicarious”

Trust - “Antisocial”

Van Halen - “Hot For Teacher”

Willie Nelson - “On The Road Again”

Wings - “Band on the Run”

Zakk Wylde’s Original Guitar Duel Recording

Would be great...

Setlist for GH world tour

Dinosaur Jr. - “Feel The Pain”

Foo Fighters - “Everlong”

Jimi Hendrix - “The Wind Cries Mary”

Metallica - “Trapped Under Ice”

NOFX - “Soul Doubt”

Sublime - “Santeria”

System of a Down - “B.Y.O.B.”

Tool - “Schism”

with GOW2, it'll be interesting if the PC version has extra levels again like on GOW.

bought GOW for PC ages ago, still not really played it yet; bought bioshock, crysis, cod4, medieval total war, football manager 2008, pro evo, assasin's creed, company of heroes, supreme commander and world in conflict at close to the same time, so a fair few not got around to properly (or at all) as had too much on at uni.

....but GOW for PC got 5 new chapters in act 5, and you fight the brumak; which supposedly you didn't in xbox, is that right?

assasin's creed had extra content aswell, more variation on the finding information subquests....still an incredibly repetitive game

shame there's generally a 6 month delay for the PC versions, but I think it's worth it when you get additional levels. I'd guess they added it as DLC for xbox though, or at least should do!

Epic have said that there will be no Gears 2 PC version.

Whether they said that to make gamers buy it for the 360 rather than waiting for the PC and downloading a free hacked version is up for debate.

Gears underperformed on PC though i think as many people thought the cover system didn't work too well with keyboard and mouse.

Also Epic have subsequently bought the developer that ported Gears to the PC and they are now working on a different game so won't be available to do it.

And yeah, no Brumak fight in GOW 360

I've also bought Supreme Commander for PC (at £5.99 from Morrisons it's a steal), brilliant game but it chugs a bit on my pc when there are a lot of units on screen (which is a lot of the time). That was a problem most people have had though i think. I had hope for the 360 version but i've read a couple of reviews saying it's a poor port.

Assassin's Creed was a mixed bag for me, i really enjoyed it at first, the atmosphere of the era seemed really good and the gameplay was good (though flawed) but then it was just the same thing over and over, i stuck with it and found myself really enjoying it again for the last third or so, i liked the present(ish) time sections with Veronica Mars, thought they added a bit more depth, i'll be getting the second one, they hopefully will have learned from their mistakes and chucked a bit more variety into the core gameplay