PEARL JAM

Guest Olivavu

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I booked flights to Dublin while they're still cheap (£38 return).

I was going to wait til I actually got tickets, but my friend talked me into it anyway and if I don't get tickets I can have a day out in Dublin with her. But a 8,500 capacity venue shouldnt sell out impossibly fast I hope. Especially since a lot of people will be turned off by how soon to CW it is.

Astoria was a promo gig. It was really just new songs then playing whatever to fill the time, not a proper setlist. Since it was a small gig they played good songs for standing crowds. If anything a lot of americans are saying it's the best setlist they've ever seen. Kinda hard for the british to judge though as we don't get many gigs, so don't really notice the songs that aren't played very often. Apparently Leavin' Here and Why Go aren't played very often at all (even rarer for them to play Leavin' Here without Sleater Kinney).

They don't play Once very often, but Black and Last Kiss have a good chance at Leeds/Reading. I wouldn't hold out for much of Ten to be played, I was amazed the astoria setlist had 4 Ten songs. But a lot of the other hits like Daughter and Not For You will probably be played at Reading.

Edited by fowls

Compared to Alive's 450

248 isn't much in 15 years. Although it was last played in December so they're still pulling it out.

Last Kiss has only been played 74 times in 7 years (last time in December) and Black's been played 368 times (last in December)

Edited by fowls

It was a most brilliant gig on Thursday. Best night I've had all year, easily!

I'm thinking of going to Lisbon, Madrid (tba) and Marseille after Reading.

PaulJam, are you also called PaulJam on the PJ message pit?

Edited by fantomas

Theres 2 studio vids so far. Life Wasted just seems to be a life studio thing, but WWS seems to be a proper videos (studio footage + some guy dancing with a ball).

Pearl Jam hate videos so videos of them playing is all they really do now.