PEARL JAM

Guest Olivavu

'Dock Of The Bay' is done very well by them live, yeah.

'Corduroy' is fairly likely to be played, but 'It's OK' is not very likely at all. I would love to see them do the 'Daughter/It's OK' performance...would be the best moment of Reading ever.

'Let My Love Open The Door' - they do it very well indeed...:blink:

I doubt that they will play 'Ten' from front to back, wouldn't be bad, but I think they'd appreciate that people would want to hear classics from other albums too. Wouldn't rule it out though.

I want them to play 'Given To Fly', 'Brain Of J' and 'Comatose' most of all at the moment.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here:

http://www.tenclub.net/tour/shows.php

what they've been playing on their current tour.

Usually a PJ concert is about 3 hours, I know there are tight restrictions about curfew at Reading. needless to say, they believe in "giving the money back to the crowd" so there's no way in hell they'll be off the stage by 1130.

Aye, well its all official now anyway, got to wear the robes and the snazzy hat and everything. Got a second class honours upper division, which is just a fancy way of saying a 2.1.

How much do Pearl Jam plan thier encores? cause looking at some of thier recent set lists it seems at least one of them is planned by the songs that they played in it and then any encore after that not so planned? Just wondering if they will do this at reading or just play one set without a planned encore then maybe come back depending how it goes?

the encores are usually planned; right down to what song's will be in the encore. occasionally a 2nd encore is also planned in advance - obviously there is the odd time when they're not, with an extra song or two just because they want to, but generally it's been pretty rigid this year.

I assume they will probably plan a short encore at reading, depending on how long their slot is.

There were some 90 min shows this tour (split headlining shows with Tom Petty) and they managed to keep to their 90 mins then. I'd imagine mean fiddler will give them a good slot (hopefulyl 2 hours), and they'll just fill that. curfew breaking is usually saved for the odd special US show.

This is the set from Wembley in 2000 on May 29th...

Preopener Last Kiss

Set 1 Of The Girl, Breakerfall, Grievance, Gods' Dice, Light Years, Corduroy, Animal, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Nothing As it Seems, Daughter/(The Wrong Child)/(Androgynous Mind), Faithfull, MFC, Wishlist, Do The Evolution, Black, Alive

Encore 1 Timeless Melody, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror, Better Man, I Got Id, Go

Encore 2 Soon Forget, Soldier Of Love, Yellow Ledbetter

...and what a night that was?!

I could definitely handle a set like that again.

I'd hope for this though...

Preopener Wasted Reprise

Set 1 Life Wasted, Brain Of J, Lukin, Even Flow, Hail Hail, Present Tense, Animal, Untitled/MFC, Daughter/It's OK, Do The Evolution, World Wide Suicide, Why Go, Jeremy, Go, Porch, Rearviewmirror, Satan's Bed, Corduroy, Better Man, Alive.

Encore 1 All Those Yesterdays, Spin The Black Circle, Dissident, State Of Love And Trust, Once.

Encore 2 Get Right, Save You, Given To Fly, Yellow Ledbetter

Something along those lines would do very nicely..! :blink: (Even though it'd probably last 4 hours!)

Edited by Olivavu

Preopener Off He Goes

Set 1 Life Wasted, Go, World Wide Suicide, Animal, Gone, In My Tree, Do The Evolution, Hail Hail, Insignificance, Elderly Woman, Army Reserve, Betterman, Rearviewmirror, In Hiding, Corduroy, Porch, Comatose.

Encore 1 Low Light, Present Tense, Nothing As It Seems, Baba O'Reily, Whippin'.

Encore 2 Leash, Indifference, Given To Fly, Love Boat Captain

Would make my night

They're obviously going to play LBC, and if they don't play Low Light at my only open air Pearl Jam gig I'm going to be very upset.

Edited by fowls

Preopener Off He Goes

Set 1 Life Wasted, Go, World Wide Suicide, Animal, Gone, In My Tree, Do The Evolution, Hail Hail, Insignificance, Elderly Woman, Army Reserve, Betterman, Rearviewmirror, In Hiding, Corduroy, Porch, Comatose.

Would make my night

They're obviously going to play LBC, and if they don't play Low Light at my only open air Pearl Jam gig I'm going to be very upset.

Yellow Ledbetter? :blink:;)

I urge more rock fans who don't know Pearl Jam to give them a good listening to and see them at Reading or Leeds...you won't regret it.

Just because they're not hyped by the media does not make them has-beens or dated...they know how to rock!

Thankyou.

:P

I've seen Yellow Ledbetter once (with Nobody's Fault But Mine solo no less), and quite frankly that was enough. I can see why hardcore fans get peeved about them closing almost every show with it. They'll obviously play it at Reading but just need to see it once. Also I thought closing with LBC would be suitable given the circumstances.

but I believe it comes from the fact that we are far and away the most passionate people on here regarding music.
Edited by wheres the mudfight

I've not read the rest of this thread but that is ridiculous, I agree with somethinngs you (both) write, some I don't, but just because people don't choose to tell people every second of the day how great their favourite band is, doesn't mean they aren't equally passionate. apart from my Family, friends and cats, all I really give a fk about in this rotten ball of shit world is music. Sorry if that's a bit of a rant, If you were trolling you got me :blink:

sad to see Cultseeker go, was always good to debate various things with, ho hum.

that's the most important thing, forums are too easy to post really offensive things as you aren't face to face and I have noticed it getting a bit personal at times.

I tried again to get into PJ when they were announced. for about the 4th time, with slightly more success than before but not much. I like last kiss, i find the style a little bit too narrative, also I find the songs a bit tight, I guess cause I prefer more basic music and more immediacy. all a bit too introcate and polished.

looks like the debate moved on, sorry for dredging up the crappy bit, I had a moment of annoyance ;)

Preopener Off He Goes

Would make my night

Edited by Northen_Desire

No worries mate.

Good to hear a balanced argument against them rather than the usual 'man rock' crap that people post.

Cheers.

I may have done this before but this would be a great setlist for me.

Set 1 Worldwide suicide, Go, even flow, Off He Goes*, Comatose, severed hand, marker in the sand, Jeramy, animal, do the evolution, last kiss, Elderly Woman*, life wasted, oceans, porch, leash, corduroy, Black*, gone

Encore 1 Daughter/its ok**,who you are, Why go, Alive, Love boat captin*, Wishlist,* Given to fly*, wasted reprise, Yellow ledbetter

* These would be the highlights

** This would be the main highlight

Edited by thomasowen

Wouldn't it just, I would love them to play that, but Ollie doesn't seem to think they will :blink: I'm keeping those fingers crossed anyway.... ;)

Its kind of weird how I always knew who Pearl Jam were but I had never listened to any of their music until just recently, I love that feeling of discovering an old gem that are still touring, usually I discover older bands and find out they have split or someone has died etc.