PEARL JAM

Guest Olivavu

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragging this topic back on topic and away from arguments...............I have been listening to Pearl Jam in the car alot recently and I am most impressed, I wasn't entirely sure I was going to like them, but I really do..... I wonder how many other people will feel this way before/after reading.......

Edited by Paulaviki

Ah well...Cultseeker goes and with him goes one of the very few people with any taste...

See you on messenger more in the future then mate :blink:

Dragging this topic back on topic and away from arguments...............I have been listening to Pearl Jam in the car alot recently and I am most impressed, I wasn't entirely sure I was going to like them, but I really do..... I wonder how many other people will feel this way before/after reading.......

I imagine he got bored of defending your childish outbursts, I definitely would have.

I rarely agreed with anything he said to be honest, but at least he had a certain eloquence in the way that he said it. Hey ho.

Actually if you had bothered to read most of this thread you would see how often Cultseeker and Olivavu agreed on things and how they have actually become friends from it, and we are meeting Cultseeker when we go to see PJ in Paris...... :blink:

Let's be honest, Olivavu's posts have descended into simple profanity, cut and pasted lyrics and google images (why why why?)... Where is the constructive debate?

Bring back Cultseeker I say.

I find that the majority of people here have an incredibly limited knowledge of music and their tastes bear very little semblence to that of myself, so I find it boring to get involved in any form of discussion, debate or argument with people.

I find that most people here listen to bands that I find limited and boring.

Cultseeker's taste is incredibly similar to that of my own and I discuss this with him here and more so on MSN messenger, mainly on messenger to avoid people constantly getting on our cases about what we like and what we don't.

The attitude of each of us towards other people and their respective taste isn't the most warm or welcoming, we know that very well...but I believe it comes from the fact that we are far and away the most passionate people on here regarding music. I don't want that to cause any offence to people, but it's how I see it, I don't believe that there are many people on here that truly love music in the way that I or Cultseeker do.

And for people to call my opinion's limited is a joke. I have 20,000 tracks in my collection and have a vast knowledge on music to go with that.

Good for you. Cultseeker and Olivavu seem to be the only people to show real passion for music, and have real opinions. Ok Most people wont agree with what they say, and there view on curant music is, well interesting, but at least they more good taste than most people on these boasrds.

Good for you. Cultseeker and Olivavu seem to be the only people to show real passion for music, and have real opinions. Ok Most people wont agree with what they say, and there view on curant music is, well interesting, but at least they more good taste than most people on these boasrds.

I find that the majority of people here have an incredibly limited knowledge of music and their tastes bear very little semblence to that of myself, so I find it boring to get involved in any form of discussion, debate or argument with people.

I find that most people here listen to bands that I find limited and boring.

Cultseeker's taste is incredibly similar to that of my own and I discuss this with him here and more so on MSN messenger, mainly on messenger to avoid people constantly getting on our cases about what we like and what we don't.

The attitude of each of us towards other people and their respective taste isn't the most warm or welcoming, we know that very well...but I believe it comes from the fact that we are far and away the most passionate people on here regarding music. I don't want that to cause any offence to people, but it's how I see it, I don't believe that there are many people on here that truly love music in the way that I or Cultseeker do.

And for people to call my opinion's limited is a joke. I have 20,000 tracks in my collection and have a vast knowledge on music to go with that.

No, no, a thousand times NO! That isn't how forums about music work, that's how your work environment, your peer group or your family work. On a board like this you are free from those trappings, you can debate music in a way that the working life of an adult doesn't generally allow. Which is why, as Pogal describes well, simple profanity, cut and pasted lyrics and google images don't cut the mustard.

But how is getting into personal slanging matches debating music?? If you don't agree with what Olivavu posts then debate with someone who 'cuts the mustard', its pretty simple. :blink:

And for what its worth Olivavu says exactly to me in real life what he says on the boards about certain bands, we often have 'debates' about it and I tell him that I like what I like and its none of his beeswax, although since I have met him I have been introduced to some bands which are fast becoming firm favourites in my collection.

Its just quite funny how in the past we have had people moaning about how everyone only likes what is 'current' and what they have been told to by the NME, but yet when someone slags all the NME music off people don't think that either. ;)

For whats its worth I think callling Coldplay c**ts is a bit strong because I've really enjoyed seeing them both times I have but Ollie is entitled to think what he wants to think and say what he wants to say, we don't have to like it or agree with it......... :(

But in all fairness you yourslef use to argue with him and in your own words thought he was a 'twat'. Its only when you started speak to him properly did you start to like him (a lot it seems :blink:) and stop arguing with him. But for the rest of the people on here thye just go on what he posts on here so still have your initial view on him.

But how is getting into personal slanging matches debating music?? If you don't agree with what Olivavu posts then debate with someone who 'cuts the mustard', its pretty simple. :blink:

Its just quite funny how in the past we have had people moaning about how everyone only likes what is 'current' and what they have been told to by the NME, but yet when someone slags all the NME music off people don't think that either. :P

For whats its worth I think callling Coldplay c**ts is a bit strong because I've really enjoyed seeing them both times I have but Ollie is entitled to think what he wants to think and say what he wants to say, we don't have to like it or agree with it......... :(

Edited by pinback