Will They Show The Football?

Gnomicide

There were obviously no issues in 2014 and 2016 when they didn't show it, so they must be confident there will not be any problems caused for surrounding areas this time.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

There were obviously no issues in 2014 and 2016 when they didn't show it, so they must be confident there will not be any problems caused for surrounding areas this time.

England were already out by the time the festival rolled round in 2014.

2016 we played our final group stage game on the Monday before the festival, then crashed out to Iceland on the day we all got home (that helped with the comedown! 😄 ) 

19 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

2016 we played our final group stage game on the Monday before the festival, then crashed out to Iceland on the day we all got home (that helped with the comedown! 😄 ) 

Yep - the "we're not showing the football" in both 2014 and 2016 ended up being theoretical in the end due to the way the results went.

As indeed it might be this time around.

27 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Ah, I didn't realise that. Shows how much attention I pay to England games, I guess.

I only care about club football so missing the game doesnt overly bother me. However if by a miracle Scotland somehow manage to get through the group I could be swayed of watching it on my phone with a cider at the tent.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In the past e.g. 2010 smartphone ownership was way less prevalent. 

Now if anyone wants to see it they still can.

do you reckon the signal would be good enough for live streaming? i struggle sending a whatsapp message

On 5/7/2024 at 2:03 AM, Simon247 said:

Can’t you let people be? No real need to add ‘for some reason rather than enjoy the festival’. It’s perfectly reasonable for people to get enjoyment from multiple sources and if someone loves Glastonbury and football then that’s okay. 

I don’t like football but I wouldn’t be negative towards those that do, and it’s fine if they show it and fine if they don’t. 

Sorry, missed this post, no idea why... 

I love football, (hence the username, lol) and have followed England through several major tournaments, both attending games in person, and on television. I may well be one of those people who chooses to watch rather than enjoy the festival... 

Would you like some steps to help you climb down?