Best keepsakes you've ever found or bought at the festival?

glast0gal

1 hour ago, Cooter said:

I've spent many hours at that stall over the years, watching those little boats, so relaxing in a strange sort of way. Its actually a little way up from the railway crossroads, on the main path but at the top of the Croissant neuf field, just before the hedgerow to the next field. And the lighting by that area, even in daytime its almost complete darkness! Gutted they weren't there last year. Why weren't they there, anyone?

They were missing in 2022 as well, I loved those little boats! 😥

2 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

They were missing in 2022 as well, I loved those little boats! 😥

Yea me too. Think this deserves a thread of its own. We need to know why,what,where,how????

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Cooter said:

Yea me too. Think this deserves a thread of its own. We need to know why,what,where,how????

I seem to recall the profits from the little tin boats going to renovate a building - possibly a water mill. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.alamy.com/steam-powered-boat-stall-at-glastonbury-festival-of-contemporary-performing-image5084195.html

On 4/26/2024 at 1:02 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I seem to recall the profits from the little tin boats going to renovate a building - possibly a water mill. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.alamy.com/steam-powered-boat-stall-at-glastonbury-festival-of-contemporary-performing-image5084195.html

This is right.  I’ll be honest it seemed like a madness.  

12 hours ago, Queeg said:

Bought him at my first glasto in 97, christened him 'Mud' been sat on my shelf ever since

IMG_20240427_204633.jpg

IMG_20240427_204648.jpg

Is that made out of 'parasite wood' by any chance? I bought something similar (a little lizard) once and the lady told me it was made from a fungal growth on a tree that can be brought on by lightning striking it. Never heard about that before or afterwards though, so she might've been tripping 🤣 she might not even have worked at the stall, come to think of it 🤔

I caught the drum stick used by The Verve when they closed the pyramid stage in 2008. A guy turned to me to ask ‘can I have that mate’? He got a very confused, ‘erm……….no’ as a response 😂

Edited by mikehawk
Typo

3 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

it was made from a fungal growth on a tree that can be brought on by lightning striking it.

I had to look that up. It would appear to be true that a fungal growth can occur on a tree from a lightning strike. However, the fungus doesn't look strong, to me

https://www.kew.org/read-and-watch/king-alfreds-cakes-fungus

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I had to look that up. It would appear to be true that a fungal growth can occur on a tree from a lightning strike. However, the fungus doesn't look strong, to me

https://www.kew.org/read-and-watch/king-alfreds-cakes-fungus

Hmm 🤔 wonder if it hardens over time. But at least there's some truth to it. Thanks 👍