NFR NFC 24

lucyginger

10 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

the weather has been smashing for the last couple of days here. topping up that tan ready for glasto

If you look at the OP then this thread should be about sacrifices made to the Weather Gods through putting up with tempests for the rest of the year to get good weather for the G. Saying how great the weather is now will anger them. 

we need to make sure we stay on topic. They should make me a mod. I will surely gatekeep and only contain the content I want

7 minutes ago, tarw said:

If you look at the OP then this thread should be about sacrifices made to the Weather Gods through putting up with tempests for the rest of the year to get good weather for the G. Saying how great the weather is now will anger them. 

we need to make sure we stay on topic. They should make me a mod. I will surely gatekeep and only contain the content I want

I know you are jesting but if anyone is interested in joining the mod team please send iggy / efestivals a message 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I know you are jesting but if anyone is interested in joining the mod team please send iggy / efestivals a message 

Sorry Alex. Being a mod doesn’t interest me. I admire the work that you put in to this place and think you generally do a great job. 
Not sure about asking for volunteers though because in the words of Douglas Adams anyone who wants to be a mod should never be allowed to be one. 

4 minutes ago, tarw said:

Sorry Alex. Being a mod doesn’t interest me. I admire the work that you put in to this place and think you generally do a great job. 
Not sure about asking for volunteers though because in the words of Douglas Adams anyone who wants to be a mod should never be allowed to be one. 

Fair point 🙂 

6 hours ago, tarw said:

how long have you been waiting to say that? i feel like you mightve had a better opportunity if you waited a bit longer. this is a bit of a stretch 

• Upvote 2

On 5/19/2024 at 8:31 AM, tarw said:

As one of the founders of this thread, I can confirm the above is correct. It’s No F****** Rain, No F’ing Compromise. Making sacrifices throughout the year to appease the Weather Gods. Have a bbq in a storm, run in the rain, leave your washing out when it looks dodgy in the sky. It all matters. 

And yes, I’ll be at the meet @Crazyfool01😊

• Upvote 2

On 5/19/2024 at 8:41 AM, Crazyfool01 said:

I have an NVQ L2 in hairdressing. Is that something that you're looking for in a mod? 🤣

4 hours ago, lucyginger said:

As one of the founders of this thread, I can confirm the above is correct. It’s No F****** Rain, No F’ing Compromise. Making sacrifices throughout the year to appease the Weather Gods. Have a bbq in a storm, run in the rain, leave your washing out when it looks dodgy in the sky. It all matters. 

fantastic see you in 38 days 🙂 

On 5/13/2024 at 3:41 PM, CharlotteB said:

I remember 2011 was an even split, rainy first half, hot second half. I remember being high and really enjoying the texture of the three-quarters dried mud beneath my feet. Funny what you remember lol. Squidge squidge.

Yeah, it was 2 extremes. Standing in the rain in a 2 hour queue to Gate D, followed by face planting on the way to Hitchin Hill wasn’t fun. Steaming hot on Sunday morning, carting stuff back to the car hungover to f*ck was an ordeal. I’ve never appreciated a car’s air con more! 

9 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Yeah, it was 2 extremes. Standing in the rain in a 2 hour queue to Gate D, followed by face planting on the way to Hitchin Hill wasn’t fun. Steaming hot on Sunday morning, carting stuff back to the car hungover to f*ck was an ordeal. I’ve never appreciated a car’s air con more! 

I faceplanted once (not sure if it was that year - it might've been), and it's true that the sign of a friend is that they jump to help you as quickly as possible. And the sign of a best friend is that they point and laugh loudly.

32 minutes ago, goldfishboy said:

came to work in shorts without a brolly or coat and it's sheeting it down outside, hoping the weather gods are listening

Your sacrifice is appreciated my friend 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike A said:

This is my prayer to the fest weather

Video unavailable. I feel like that's how God receives all my prayers 😅

23 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Video unavailable. I feel like that's how God receives all my prayers 😅

The weather gods smite me.

It's Buster Pointdexter's "Hot Hot Hot" video.

Maybe this link (not quite as good) will appease the regional censor gods.

9 hours ago, Mike A said:

The weather gods smite me.

It's Buster Pointdexter's "Hot Hot Hot" video.

Maybe this link (not quite as good) will appease the regional censor gods.

Phew! Back on track

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 10:54 AM, lucyginger said:

As a 2024 newcomer, I pretty much worked out what it stood for, now even better to understand the appeasement requirements!

So in honour of that I've just come back from a run in what I call 'rampant rain' on one of the hills surrounding Cheltenham, and despite the slightly chilly 12 degrees I wore my lightest-weight running vest and shortest running shorts (a combination normally reserved for 20deg+ race days) and spent 40 minutes or so getting thoroughly soaked to the skin (the ultimate waterproofed layer), chanting NFR NFC much of the time. I am presuming I looked like an absolute lunatic to the few hardy souls hiking the Cotswold Way who all seemed to have 15 layers on.

The car park has one of those funky number plate recognising systems and so in addition to my own parking, I did a random act of rain-soaked kindness so that when my car neighbour returned from their walk, their parking was covered too.

I hope this is a suitable opening contribution... 'cos I'm certainly crossing all my digits for sun come late June.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, LateStarter50 said:

As a 2024 newcomer, I pretty much worked out what it stood for, now even better to understand the appeasement requirements!

So in honour of that I've just come back from a run in what I call 'rampant rain' on one of the hills surrounding Cheltenham, and despite the slightly chilly 12 degrees I wore my lightest-weight running vest and shortest running shorts (a combination normally reserved for 20deg+ race days) and spent 40 minutes or so getting thoroughly soaked to the skin (the ultimate waterproofed layer), chanting NFR NFC much of the time. I am presuming I looked like an absolute lunatic to the few hardy souls hiking the Cotswold Way who all seemed to have 15 layers on.

The car park has one of those funky number plate recognising systems and so in addition to my own parking, I did a random act of rain-soaked kindness so that when my car neighbour returned from their walk, their parking was covered too.

I hope this is a suitable opening contribution... 'cos I'm certainly crossing all my digits for sun come late June.

You have definitely gone above and beyond in your appeasement of the Gods. You should be proud of yourself and I’ll buy you a cider at the bus. 
You have probably cancelled my lack of effort-I looked out of the window and decided to drive to work this morning. Sorry

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2024 at 10:54 AM, lucyginger said:

I thought that the R… word was banned in here?