Tickets not selling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/29/2024 at 8:06 AM, normalbear said:

Does anyone know if IOW is sold out this year? I'm trying to sell my tickets in ticketmaster resale, face value but no takers. I assume there must be loads of space still available. 

your competition on ticketmaster resale is seriously undercutting you.

Just now, sisco said:

Why would someone pay more for a ticket? 

I'm happy for it to sell at face value, which is why I have put it up for sale via ticketmaster. 

I only wondered why no interest, maybe a poorer line up this year.

2 hours ago, normalbear said:

I'm happy for it to sell at face value, which is why I have put it up for sale via ticketmaster. 

Cause with the fees it’s about £90 more than buying it direct!

On 5/7/2024 at 7:28 AM, normalbear said:

Its not sold out for many years

Ticketmaster is charging fees on you reselling it, making it more expensive than buying a ticket direct from IOW or from other sellers

51 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its not sold out for many years

Ticketmaster is charging fees on you reselling it, making it more expensive than buying a ticket direct from IOW or from other sellers

Sold out last year tbf.  (A week or so before)… although I’m always sceptical how true that is

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Sold out last year tbf.  (A week or so before)… although I’m always sceptical how true that is

their capacity is nowhere near as big as it used to be is my understanding. they can expand it significantly if they wish to up to around 90k - its usually around the 50-60 mark

42 minutes ago, gfa said:

their capacity is nowhere near as big as it used to be is my understanding. they can expand it significantly if they wish to up to around 90k - its usually around the 50-60 mark

Yeah basically. For IOW "sold out" generally means "sold out at whatever we configured it for". The exact number of tickets available will be locked in a couple months before the festival but is a floating number to keep costs down - no point hiring extra fields/staff if they're not needed. It depends on how you look at it but they haven't been near full potential capacity for many years now.

On 5/10/2024 at 9:08 AM, normalbear said:

I've realised I can lower the price so that I cover ticket masters exorbitant fees!

https://secure.ticketmaster.co.uk/rs/1F005EBFAFC4469B/lqb6z7m5

Do you maybe have some sort of privacy setting on the listing? Had a look through the Ticketmaster site but your tickets don't pop up in the resale section, only if I follow the direct link you've shared