Beef and Dairy Network

Lushroom

While we're all desperate for the lineup...

As far as I can see, Benjamin Partridge has not been on the farm.

His podcast "Beef and Dairy Network" seems so well-suited for Glastonbury. A live episode from a famous dairy farm seems so perfect!

Has this idea been thrown out before? Is it too niche?

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2024 at 8:51 PM, Lushroom said:

While we're all desperate for the lineup...

As far as I can see, Benjamin Partridge has not been on the farm.

His podcast "Beef and Dairy Network" seems so well-suited for Glastonbury. A live episode from a famous dairy farm seems so perfect!

Has this idea been thrown out before? Is it too niche?

I'm ashamed it's taken me a month to notice someone has mentioned The Beef And Dairy Network on here.  (I only spotted it after I did a Google search on Benjamin Partridge.)  Anyhoo... yes: a Beef and Dairy Network event at Glastonbury would be a beautiful meeting of leylines.  I get the impression that Ben wouldn't be particularly enthusiastic about staying in a tent for a week, but I'm sure that if he did, there'd be a respectable amount of support including from fans of 3 bean salad,

You hear a lot of bollocks about how Glastonbury has lost its edge, but it's still there if you're prepared to go looking for it.  It's whilst the corporate-sponsored headliners are keeping the masses occupied that you can still escape and find the true spirit of Glastonbury - e.g. last year, my special moment was watching John Hegley in the Poetry&Words tent, and the same goes for the music: e.g. in 2017, feeling part of the legendary dub of The Scientist in The Cave, rather than being at the back of the Tik Tok crowds for Radiohead/Sheeran/Foo Fighters.

Edited by Mark E. Spliff

9 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

I'm ashamed it's taken me a month to notice someone has mentioned The Beef And Dairy Network on here.  (I only spotted it after I did a Google search on Benjamin Partridge.)  Anyhoo... yes: a Beef and Dairy Network event at Glastonbury would be a beautiful meeting of leylines.  I get the impression that Ben wouldn't be particularly enthusiastic about staying in a tent for a week, but I'm sure that if he did, there'd be a respectable amount of support including from fans of 3 bean salad,

You hear a lot of bollocks about how Glastonbury has lost its edge, but it's still there if you're prepared to go looking for it.  It's whilst the corporate-sponsored headliners are keeping the masses occupied that you can still escape and find the true spirit of Glastonbury - e.g. last year, my special moment was watching John Hegley in the Poetry&Words tent, and the same goes for the music: e.g. in 2017, feeling part of the legendary dub of The Scientist in The Cave, rather than being at the back of the Tik Tok crowds for Radiohead/Sheeran/Foo Fighters.

Ben Partridge did an AMA on reddit recently so I asked him.. doesn't look like it's happening unfortunately.

"Hi! 

I've been asked by a couple of festivals over the years (not Glastonbury) but I've always said no - I'm fairly sure a live Beef and Dairy show in front of an audience who have never heard the podcast would be a disaster on a par with the Cumberfeld cow disaster."

Think he's got a point, both B&D and beans kind of need you to have immersed yourself in them to get all the in-jokes.

2 hours ago, Lushroom said:

Ben Partridge did an AMA on reddit recently so I asked him.. doesn't look like it's happening unfortunately.

"Hi! 

I've been asked by a couple of festivals over the years (not Glastonbury) but I've always said no - I'm fairly sure a live Beef and Dairy show in front of an audience who have never heard the podcast would be a disaster on a par with the Cumberfeld cow disaster."

Think he's got a point, both B&D and beans kind of need you to have immersed yourself in them to get all the in-jokes.

As a fan of both, I kind of agree.  I'd happily see either B&D or 3BS live as I piss myself listening to them.  They are heavily reliant on in-jokes and call backs though so the casual viewer would be absolutely lost!

2 hours ago, Lushroom said:

"Hi! 

Thanks - good to get a definite answer direct from the cow's mouth.  I reckon there'd be enough fans to make it work but it would be a risk: unlike someone like Mik Artistik, his stuff is so deadpan that anyone who didn't already know it would probably pop their head in, think it was a serious talk about farming and move on. Many years ago, I was literally the only person watching a reasonably well-known hip hop band playing in the Greenpeace field (in the large stage they have/had in a tent, with tiered seating.)  That was pretty excruciating and I wouldn't wish it on Mr Partridge.