UK Politics

kalifire

3 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

I'll keep flying then, just like your son and you did for decades 🙂 

My own flying for pleasure covered less than a decade.

My business flying slightly longer and I ditched a job cos I didn't want to fly.

You need to own your own doings including your liking to invent bullshit, it absolves you of nothing and adds liar to your bad.

36 minutes ago, lazyred said:

That off the cuff remark early on about witholding water and aid hasn't been forgotten

yes, and then not calling for a ceasefire, and now not calling/voting for arms sales to Israel to cease...they just seem to just try and pre-empt what US/UK govts might do and go a little bit further, but it's too slow, too late. I initially had some sympathy for Starmer because it was all happening during labour conference, there was a fair amount of sympathy for Israel in those early days, and he was desperate to distance Labour from the Corbyn antisemitism thing. But it took him ages to qualify what he meant in that interview...and now muslim support, like red wall, like Scotland..are voters that Labour have taken for granted and that looks now broken, but like in Scotland/red wall they can be won back.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Bristol are probably going to get a Green MP though...

I’m not so sure, in a general election campaign it could very well be different. Besides this was a Green seat anyway.

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m not so sure, in a general election campaign it could very well be different. Besides this was a Green seat anyway.

green leader was just saying on politics live its a choice between them and Labour for Bristol ... fingers crossed the greens get in as some representation in Parliament is definately needed 

According to the BBC, there is a 9% average swing so far from Conservative to Labour since 2021, the last time most seats were contested. But the increase compared to local elections last year is more modest, at about 1%.

What percentage swing would Labour need to win a General Election?

Just checked. It's 12.5% for an overall majority.

Edited by Ommadawn

59 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

green leader was just saying on politics live its a choice between them and Labour for Bristol ... fingers crossed the greens get in as some representation in Parliament is definately needed 

Without a doubt it’s a choice between them but I just have doubts whether they can get that seat in a GE. I have a feeling they’ll lose Brighton too. 

4 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

According to the BBC, there is a 9% average swing so far from Conservative to Labour since 2021, the last time most seats were contested. But the increase compared to local elections last year is more modest, at about 1%.

What percentage swing would Labour need to win a General Election?

more than that.