Goth or not? Tonight on radio 4

dizzymoo

1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

self described pathetic goth 

That's an amusing bit of self reference.

I like 'goths' No, more accurate still, I like the idea of goths. I don't know (and have never known) any goths. I do enjoy their sartorial elegance though. I heavily suspect that I wouldn't get on with the associated music - but may be wrong on that one. The world is a better place for the existence of goths. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That's an amusing bit of self reference.

I like 'goths' No, more accurate still, I like the idea of goths. I don't know (and have never known) any goths. I do enjoy their sartorial elegance though. I heavily suspect that I wouldn't get on with the associated music - but may be wrong on that one. The world is a better place for the existence of goths. 

Totally agree, when I was working I always was the one defending the right of the few goths in the school to wear their make up, clothing etc, as long as it didn’t affect their h and s in my lab. Really nice young adults, met one a year ago and she’s now a lawyer, dressed in a very stylish business suit!

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

Goths are great. I've only ever at best been a semi-demi goth.. and for a long time this has mostly meant just wearing black whenever possible. I have been to the Slimelight though. 

• Like 1

Goth confessions (or goth adjacent confessions, i suppose) i had a lovely chat with Gary Numan outside a Rammstein gig in 2005, i think. We both enthused about our favourite teutonic industrial bands and i think everyone in a half-mile radius was wearing black. Good times were had!