Worthy View v Sticklinch

Traci

3 hours ago, Traci said:

Has anyone stayed in both? I’ve stayed at WV 5 times but the accommodation at SL has better options. Just wondering what the sites are like for facilities, parking, access to festival etc 

Thanks in advance ☺️

Parking is literally the next field so it’s about a 2-5min walk to the gate to get wristbands at Sticklinch, they have people with wheelbarrows to help too. 
Is a flat walk mostly, smaller site than WV. Showers, flushing loo blocks, compost loos, need more water points and a bar. A few food outlets. Gate directly from Sticklinch into festival- flat but longish walk to main stages - about 15/20 mins to Other. Park and Arcadia was nearest and green fields 

• Upvote 1

Not done WV so only have Sticklinch as a reference point.  Parking is in the next field, so 5mins to tents. 

I've seen people complain about the length of walk to stages etc - our group (including kids) didn't mind this, especially as its pretty flat.  If you get a half decent march on, you are in the Other Stage field in 10mins.  Which means (for example) that a pit stop at the tent can easily be done in the time it takes for an Other Stage band changeover.

My only complaint about 2023 at least, is that there is no bar in Sticklinch, and the food options get a bit boring (and have big queues at breakfast time).  Which does then mean that you are a fair wait from a morning coffee, if you don't want to wait in the queues there.

ive stayed in both. its pretty simple. parking is next to the field in both cases.

WV :

Positives: Closer, you are in the festival inside 5mins. can technically go back to the tent if you need something.
Negatives: That hill is a bastard when you are blipped. if its raining its a mare to get up and down it. borderline dangerous if its very wet. noisier too due to being closer to the action. 

Stickle:

Positives: No hill, a flat walk to your campsite (i actually quite enjoyed the walk back at night through the camp sites, other were not happy at length of the walk). Quieter. did i mention no hill?

Negatives: Further away (15min walk from the park, maybe 10 if you are quick). 

Edited by TiZuff
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, goonerben said:

Not done WV so only have Sticklinch as a reference point.  Parking is in the next field, so 5mins to tents. 

I've seen people complain about the length of walk to stages etc - our group (including kids) didn't mind this, especially as its pretty flat.  If you get a half decent march on, you are in the Other Stage field in 10mins.  Which means (for example) that a pit stop at the tent can easily be done in the time it takes for an Other Stage band changeover.

My only complaint about 2023 at least, is that there is no bar in Sticklinch, and the food options get a bit boring (and have big queues at breakfast time).  Which does then mean that you are a fair wait from a morning coffee, if you don't want to wait in the queues there.

Thanks 

what are the queues like for toilets & showers? 

43 minutes ago, Traci said:

Thanks 

At peak times in the morning (say 8-10am), they can be long - maybe 15-20mins for the loos, and 30-40 for a shower.  Outside those times, there is next to no queue for the toilets, and usually pretty short queues for showers.

1 hour ago, Traci said:

Thanks 

depends on timings, girls shower queues are generally longer (especially on the saturday / sunday). Stickle had more girls showers than mens showers this year but that ended up being a bit of a f**k up as the girls had no queue and the mens had a 1hour queue 😂 

Id say on a good day its a 30min wait on a bad day 1hour30min in the mornings. obviously if you head back to site at 3pm for a shower there will be no queue at all .

Edited by TiZuff

12 hours ago, TiZuff said:

depends on timings, girls shower queues are generally longer (especially on the saturday / sunday). Stickle had more girls showers than mens showers this year but that ended up being a bit of a f**k up as the girls had no queue and the mens had a 1hour queue 😂 

Id say on a good day its a 30min wait on a bad day 1hour30min in the mornings. obviously if you head back to site at 3pm for a shower there will be no queue at all .

Do people really wait 1h 30 for a shower. Get a solar shower or accept cold water from a bottle on your head is a good refresher after 3 hours sleep. I always assumed it would be 30 mins max if you are paying all this money for the privilege of showers.

28 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not everyone is paying for the showers specifically.

We get pre-erected for the convenience of not having to bring equipment down from the central belt and usually just have a quick wash by the tent. 

That’s our thinking as well. Easy car parking. One of those collapsible  buckets and a kettle for washing , showers queues always to big for us.