Best Late Summer Festivals (overseas)

Kaboom Boxer

Hey guys, I generally like to do two big festival trips abroad each year. Did Werchter and Pukkelpop last year, Tempelhof and domestic fests the year before.

I was lucky enough to get Glastonbury tickets and will also be seeing Foos, Green Day, James and Razorlight locally in June so I’m going to need to push my other big festival trip back into late summer to spread out time off work etc. 

A lot of the festivals I’ve looked at fall too close to Glastonbury so I’m after suggestions of the best festivals that fall in to that late, late July or August/September period. 

My shortlist at the minute is Let It Roll, Sziget, Way Out West, Pukkelpop (again), Lowlands and Sun & Bass. Are there any others that I should be looking at / considering?

Edited by Kaboom Boxer

3 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

My shortlist at the minute is Let It Roll, Sziget, Way Out West, Pukkelpop (again), Lowlands and Sun & Bass. Are there any others that I should be looking at / considering?

Cala Mijas / Kalorama have some good reviews on the forum.
Maybe Lollapalooza Berlin if its lineup is your thing.
Lowlands is awesome, but keep in mind that it normally sells out in an hour.

• Thanks 1

I could add to the already mentioned: Rock En Seine, Vodafone Paredes de Coura, Electric Picnic, La Route Du Rock, Flow (Finland) - Oyafestivalen (they share many names with Way Out West), Canela Party, Off (Poland), Misty Fields, Haldern Pop, TOdays - Ypsigrock (small italian festivals).
Most of them are smaller than the ones you've been to. It also depends on your music tastes and what you're looking at a music festival.