Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

6 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Thank you!

Now I know the full info.. the most exciting part is that they've got 5 family members coming, all 5 will be first timers who are obviously very excited... but for us it's amazing too as they'll be camping with us and I love nothing more than showing people around their first Glastonbury, just watching the amazement on their face.

Can't wait.

Showing someone round for the first time is up there with one of the best things in life. It’s that feeling on handing knowledge down the line - I was taught most of what I know about the festival in exactly this way. Long walks with mates, them pointing things out to me…very fond memories. I was quite surprised when one of my friends turned up and had clearly scraped a lot of info from the internet about what to do/where to go and I felt a bit sad that it seems that most people want to swot up online and ‘tick off’ attractions. I think it removes the Glasto spirit because it’s a more insular thing to do and you’re less likely to want to interact with random people - something I’ve always made a point of doing with others.

I digress - competition wise, no luck on the Vodafone app this morning after making my family members do it on their way to work (lol!) and no bloody tea. It’s been pointed out here but the shops do stock the brand, but I don’t know when they’ll put it out on the shelves with the right packaging? The Water Aid one seems good and I might give it a go but fingers and toes crossed for @BillieBobswho seems born for this!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Is that a live competition, or has the completion date been and gone? I've tried looking but can't seem to find anything.

Yes it’s live now.

https://www.wateraid.org/uk/win-glastonbury-tickets

Designs can be digital or hand drawn using a maximum of 3 colours. 

Good luck if you’re entering 🤞🍀 

• Upvote 1

IMG_2689.jpeg.614850ba62c8f8ecc48353a9935611d4.jpegIMG_2690.jpeg.bf1631b12bf91820e9c6f81842f55e44.jpegIMG_2611.thumb.jpeg.a5907e75ed1c4b3b84706eb09d10874e.jpeg
If anyone is looking for some inspiration the first photo is last years winner and some examples of other designs. Looks like they want something neat, on brand and not over complicated.

Be careful to stick to 3 colours as well. I’d accidentally used 4 colours in some of my designs 🙈

Good luck to all trying 🍀😍🤞

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

IMG_2689.jpeg.614850ba62c8f8ecc48353a9935611d4.jpegIMG_2690.jpeg.bf1631b12bf91820e9c6f81842f55e44.jpegIMG_2611.thumb.jpeg.a5907e75ed1c4b3b84706eb09d10874e.jpeg
If anyone is looking for some inspiration the first photo is last years winner and some examples of other designs. Looks like they want something neat, on brand and not over complicated.

Be careful to stick to 3 colours as well. I’d accidentally used 4 colours in some of my designs 🙈

Good luck to all trying 🍀😍🤞

The extent of my artistic talent is generally a smiley face or a stick man but I'll try my best to come up with something more exciting 😅

3 minutes ago, thewomble said:

The extent of my artistic talent is generally a smiley face or a stick man but I'll try my best to come up with something more exciting 😅

That’s the beauty of it though, sometimes simple is best. Especially with the tattoos as anything over complicated might not look great.

Last year’s design is pretty simple but bang on brand. Using the colour blue would be a good start as that’s the colour Wateraid always uses blue in their posters and stuff. Let me know if you need a hand with anything 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, al_coholic said:

but the tickets are non-transferrable so I won't enter 

Surely if you won and they asked you for two people's details, you could just give them two other people's details? I once won two adult Interrail Passes and they said they were not transferable. However, when I approached them with a heartfelt story they transferred them to two of my friends names. 

Use 'The Force'

image.png

36 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Surely if you won and they asked you for two people's details, you could just give them two other people's details? I once won two adult Interrail Passes and they said they were not transferable. However, when I approached them with a heartfelt story they transferred them to two of my friends names. 

Use 'The Force'

image.png

One of the names will need to be the the Coop account holder.

Edited by Booker

1 hour ago, Booker said:

One of the names will need to be the the Coop account holder.

Thanks for clarification.

I guess al_coholic could still try the competition, and if he won, give the one winning place to a friend, and then give his own winning ticket to another friend to see if they could blag there way in. I have given two Glastonbury tickets to people to use and they got in. 

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

weirdly I feel like the demand for this chocolate is lower this year ...... or maybe they've upped the supply to get more sales 

They definitely have. And added the dark bars! 

21 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

weirdly I feel like the demand for this chocolate is lower this year ...... or maybe they've upped the supply to get more sales 

There’s absoloutely more bars this year with the dark ones too

6 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

Tried a brother’s can, no dice. Hoping to get to a co op tomorrow for the tea. Really enjoying the Wateraid competition  though 😍🤞🍀

I’ve done a wild goose chase for that damn tea. Still no luck!