Weekend Loyalty Tickets

mike99

4 hours ago, mike99 said:

Tickets on-sale Thursday 14th September 9.00- Saturday 30th September 

1-2 years loyalty tickets - £230

3+ years £210

Wow. Big old discount. 

It’s probably how much they save with the new format but they need to bribe us to come back and spend at the bar…

5 hours ago, mike99 said:

Tickets on-sale Thursday 14th September 9.00- Saturday 30th September 

1-2 years loyalty tickets - £230

3+ years £210

Guessing this doesn't include wednesday? thats a huge discount

20 minutes ago, gblock said:

£210 = £234 with booking fees

Does that equate to about a £50 discount then from this year?

More like 75... I think.

You kind of feel like they've done a load of research on the secondary market and worked out what X amount of people were willing to pay for a sub substandard Reading and then locked in a price that will allow people to plan to come back at that price.

It's a decent strategy, the only worry is that they end up selling to a load of people who would have bought at full price anyway and no one else comes back, leaving them in an even bigger hole.

Watching the second TPD Vlog and again seeing how empty the campsites and crowds were (literal empty barrier spots at the start of Don Broco, YMAS dead), it's clear what audience have forsaken the festival. Big question is will they think the new low value fest is worth it at the new low cost...

Truck is available at £130

2000 Trees is available at £137

1 minute ago, Benj said:

More like 75... I think.

Truck is available at £130

2000 Trees is available at £137

£75 is a really big discount so fair play

And yeah they obviously realise that those in their 20s can get better value for money elsewhere. It’s a good idea I think, a little bit of price discrimination to tempt the regulars to buy another ticket.

Resale market will be absolutely flooded for Christmas if the lineup is shite though

2 minutes ago, gblock said:

And yeah they obviously realise that those in their 20s can get better value for money elsewhere. It’s a good idea I think, a little bit of price discrimination to tempt the regulars to buy another ticket.

Resale market will be absolutely flooded for Christmas if the lineup is shite though

Yup. Loads of 'Loyal' resellers offering tickets on lineup launch day for £150 🤣

11 minutes ago, gblock said:

I question if its aimed at people on here, older attendees

it makes the most sense for people who are 20-22, just starting to be put off but are being reeled in by a big discount

its clearly to get people signed up before they drop an absolute stinker of a lineup, i think older people are more likely to wait rather than gamble on names

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

it makes the most sense for people who are 20-22, just starting to be put off but are being reeled in by a big discount

its clearly to get people signed up before they drop an absolute stinker of a lineup, i think older people are more likely to wait rather than gamble on names

I think it's aimed at everyone who used to go but no longer does. There are loads of older heads who went off here, after being able to pick up a sub 200 quid ticket on resale (indeed, think theyre the only ones on here who did go!)

It is obviously going to appeal to those who are more price conscious though, which are more likely to be the young.

I think they're as much after those who went this year as those who went 2018-2022.  One and doners barely half fill the festival looking at the footage from Leeds...

Do you think your old group will be tempted at this price? Or will Truck etc... still be a much bigger draw

13 minutes ago, Benj said:

I think it's aimed at everyone who used to go but no longer does. There are loads of older heads who went off here, after being able to pick up a sub 200 quid ticket on resale (indeed, think theyre the only ones on here who did go!)

It is obviously going to appeal to those who are more price conscious though, which are more likely to be the young.

I think they're as much after those who went this year as those who went 2018-2022.  One and doners barely half fill the festival looking at the footage from Leeds...

Do you think your old group will be tempted at this price? Or will Truck etc... still be a much bigger draw

Not gonna gamble on the lineup tbh

Hopefully will get glasto and tickets and be done with it, maybe go somewhere abroad perhaps.

It would have to be a banger for me to go back and the names being thrown about to headline are certainly not that. this year's was ideal but the undercard was just so poor

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not gonna gamble on the lineup tbh

Hopefully will get glasto and tickets and be done with it, maybe go somewhere abroad perhaps.

It would have to be a banger for me to go back and the names being thrown about to headline are certainly not that. this year's was ideal but the undercard was just so poor

Judging by the feedback on here then, its not going to get the yoot or the oldies back then!

I wonder if we'll at least get that first name they've booked this month, when they launch the sale.

7 minutes ago, Benj said:

Judging by the feedback on here then, its not going to get the yoot or the oldies back then!

I wonder if we'll at least get that first name they've booked this month, when they launch the sale.

I think thats very optimistic!!

The thing is this is possibly a really bad idea too imo

if they announce Travis Scott or someone for the kids it will put the oldies off, but if they announce Blink-182 the insta comments will just be like who? and no young people will buy tickets

1 minute ago, gfa said:

I think thats very optimistic!!

The thing is this is possibly a really bad idea too imo

if they announce Travis Scott or someone for the kids it will put the oldies off, but if they announce Blink-182 the insta comments will just be like who? and no young people will buy tickets

Aye. Deffo rock and a hard place

Maybe it is now impossible to please both demographics

38 minutes ago, gfa said:

I'm 22, definitely agree it's aimed at people in their early to mid 20s as you say.

Same as you my lot will be trying for glasto tickets, Reading is usually something we only book late in the summer now, if the lineup is alright. I am tempted by the scheme though, will see what the rest of the group think later in the month. I'd say there's a 30% chance I decide to get a ticket.

7 minutes ago, gblock said:

I'm 22, definitely agree it's aimed at people in their early to mid 20s as you say.

Same as you my lot will be trying for glasto tickets, Reading is usually something we only book late in the summer now, if the lineup is alright. I am tempted by the scheme though, will see what the rest of the group think later in the month. I'd say there's a 30% chance I decide to get a ticket.

Bang on until you said your considering the scheme - imo its gone to sh*t so much you'd be mad to book without a lineup

trying to cater for way too many genres at this point

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

Bang on until you said your considering the scheme - imo its gone to sh*t so much you'd be mad to book without a lineup

trying to cater for way too many genres at this point

Fair, this is probably what my mates will say to me haha. I wish the lineups were better & the NME tent existed, but I disagree its gone to sh*t completely, still enjoyed it this year. Unless the lineup is truly awful, £210 is good value imo

Drake and Travis Scott are probably the only names that could get me back, but even then, would need a strong undercard. Otherwise shall be doing Creamfields again (already plan on getting tickets in a couple weeks time). I'm sure the low price will help attract a few back, but really don't think it is worth the gamble with how poor and stale this years lineup was. 

55 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I might do, you know. 

I think it’s deffo a keen price for the new format

There’s got to be at least 15-20 acts worth seeing over the weekend

A new/ changed stage to appeal to my tastes more, or even the return of a Tubourg town type thing for the elongated down hours would deffo tip it back into the ‘decent value’ tier. 

38 minutes ago, Benj said:

I think it’s deffo a keen price for the new format

There’s got to be at least 15-20 acts worth seeing over the weekend

A new/ changed stage to appeal to my tastes more, or even the return of a Tubourg town type thing for the elongated down hours would deffo tip it back into the ‘decent value’ tier. 

There’s always been enough to justify me going for the weekend (except the Dave day last year - that was the worst day I’ve ever had at a festival. I had 3 acts I really wanted to see and wasn’t arsed on anything else). Even this year, the Foals and 1975 days had tonnes I wanted to see (the Billie day less so) and the only reason I didn’t go is because I went to the AEW Wembley show on the Sunday.