Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

21 minutes ago, kelstar said:

Last year on the poster was about roughly 30 acts each day including comedy, this year its 20ish. I dont think we get many big acts, but it seems a little light to me

Was there a later poster than the one I’ve just posted? Barring Mumfords being added (maybe Raye too actually)

Edited by sisco

2 minutes ago, kelstar said:

Acoustic never has a separate poster, beats do, but often they already got the beats headliners on the main poster.

Maybe just that one then.  Not going to be many more for the main stages anyway

17 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I think they've spent a lot on getting Biffy Clyro and Fatboy Slim I'd as I don't anyone else has Fatboy either.

Is Fatboy expensive? I get Biffy as a big header but they’re not going to be more than Mumfords last year.  

What we thinking then?

Friday:

Common - Fatboy Slim, Snow Patrol, Idles, Louis Tomlinson, Razorlight

Castle - Jess Glynne, The Snuts, Baby Queen

Acoustic - Chris Helme

B&S - Dub FX

Saturday:

Common - Jamie T, Courteeners, Sugababes, The Lathums, Tom Walker

Castle - Pixies, Holly Humberstone, Lightening Seeds

Acoustic - ?

B&S - Groove Armada

Sunday:

Common - Biffy Clyro, Becky Hill, James Bay, Arlo Parks, The Kooks

Castle - Wet Leg, Softplay, Yard Act

Acoustic - John Power

B&S - Professor Green

Oh well that's confirmed then... after being at Vicky for the last few years we will give this years a miss... real shame but for us we need quite a bit more than what's on show to part with £1k+ for the weekend. Will do a smaller festival (probably SVF South) and hopefully catch Richard Ashcroft in Essex...  and still have change in my pocket... speak in 12 months time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sisco said:

Is Fatboy expensive? I get Biffy as a big header but they’re not going to be more than Mumfords last year.  

5 hours ago, sisco said:

What we thinking then?

Friday:

Common - Fatboy Slim, Snow Patrol, Idles, Louis Tomlinson, Razorlight

Castle - Jess Glynne, The Snuts, Baby Queen

Acoustic - Chris Helme

B&S - Dub FX

Saturday:

Common - Jamie T, Courteeners, Sugababes, The Lathums, Tom Walker

Castle - Pixies, Holly Humberstone, Lightening Seeds

Acoustic - ?

B&S - Groove Armada

Sunday:

Common - Biffy Clyro, Becky Hill, James Bay, Arlo Parks, The Kooks

Castle - Wet Leg, Softplay, Yard Act

Acoustic - John Power

B&S - Professor Green

Someone has got paid more with these lineups being put out. Overall it looks q really weak announcement. 

Prob enough to get me to go Friday but Razorlight back in a after special smells a little of desperation to get an act. 2023 unfortunately kicks the balls off of this year.

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

Someone has got paid more with these lineups being put out. Overall it looks q really weak announcement. 

Prob enough to get me to go Friday but Razorlight back in an after special smells a little of desperation to get an act. 2023 unfortunately kicks the balls off of this year.

Think in general costs are just going up for absolutely everything so unless you increase tickets massively or bands start charging less then weaker lineups will happen (although I prefer this over last year)

I was honestly really disappointed this year, but since then, we checked out some of the smaller acts, and will be checking out a few of the new, up and coming bands etc.

Local so already got a weekend ticket.

Hoping for another smaller final annoucement and some surprise special guests!

Edited by kelstar

Comments by Andy Marsh

Andy Marsh, Lead Booker at Victorious Festival, said: "We’re so pleased to be able to announce another wave of incredible acts for 2024 off the back of our huge headline announcement. This is just the start… we’ve still got hundreds more acts, performances, and activities to announce across the festival that will be the biggest, best value and most epic year yet.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/victorious-festival-2024-more-artists-announced-for-festival-including-sugababes-and-the-kooks-4497005

17 hours ago, HarryHammer said:

Oh well that's confirmed then... after being at Vicky for the last few years we will give this years a miss... real shame but for us we need quite a bit more than what's on show to part with £1k+ for the weekend. Will do a smaller festival (probably SVF South) and hopefully catch Richard Ashcroft in Essex...  and still have change in my pocket... speak in 12 months time.

Same here,was really looking forward to going but just don't think it's worth shelling out the money for this year.very disappointed 

11 minutes ago, reetrokev said:

I RECKON SUPRISES TO COME AND THESE COULD BE ON A BIGGER BETTER SEASIDE STAGE

I am hoping so. I don't believe that is the final poster, it generally feels like there should be another 10-20 names on there, compared with the previous year. Last year we had around 28-32 names announnced for each day (Including comedy) and this year the festival grows with welcoming the seaside stage back. Currently its about 22 each day.

I dont believe we will get anyone big, unless its a surprise guest like McFly last year, but I do think there some room for some more.

Im saying roll on the 3rd announcement 

3 minutes ago, kelstar said:

I am hoping so. I don't believe that is the final poster, it generally feels like there should be another 10-20 names on there, compared with the previous year. Last year we had around 28-32 names announnced for each day (Including comedy) and this year the festival grows with welcoming the seaside stage back. Currently its about 22 each day.

I dont believe we will get anyone big, unless its a surprise guest like McFly last year, but I do think there some room for some more.

Im saying roll on the 3rd announcement 

Has anyone actually said the seaside stage is coming back?

Just now, sisco said:

Has anyone actually said the seaside stage is coming back?

Not officially, but the Victorious website still states, its coming back soon (Although its not been updated since 2022)

However we know that area will be completed under the Southsea costal scheme in next few months, and they reseeded the area, so it should be ready.

image.png.af12232b7f60f3b4871f9719976566d9.png