Boardmasters 2024

Will b

1 hour ago, Properbigfan said:

Just think they need a female headline in the current climate. 

image.thumb.png.f4cab8ceb3ec8185136dd236b4c7bb5b.pngyou’d think that a festival this big would be doing more to get female representation but none of the 12 big names here are female - really quite poor from boardies 

I think 3 male headliners with an undercard with some strong female acts (like little simz, raye etc) would do for them 

4 minutes ago, Will b said:

image.thumb.png.f4cab8ceb3ec8185136dd236b4c7bb5b.pngyou’d think that a festival this big would be doing more to get female representation but none of the 12 big names here are female - really quite poor from boardies 

I think 3 male headliners with an undercard with some strong female acts (like little simz, raye etc) would do for them 

I think the backlash they got for this means we will get a bump up for an Anne Marie level female maybe with a closing set from Fred again /bicep to balance it out. (would love Lana/dua/sza but think their too big/ can make more money elsewhere)

Anne Marie would be booked for about 4pm on the Reading main stage / mid-other at glasto

She would be an insanely weak headliner.

If they hadn't of had Simz subbing this year i'd suggest her.

Both 2022 and 2023 sold out well in advance of the fest didn't they - and 2023 had two female headliners (well FATM is female led at least). It wouldn't remotely shock me if they have 3 male headliners.

Stormzy / Fred Again.. or Chems / Kasabian maybe would be my guess

6 hours ago, gfa said:

Anne Marie would be booked for about 4pm on the Reading main stage / mid-other at glasto

She would be an insanely weak headliner.

If they hadn't of had Simz subbing this year i'd suggest her.

Both 2022 and 2023 sold out well in advance of the fest didn't they - and 2023 had two female headliners (well FATM is female led at least). It wouldn't remotely shock me if they have 3 male headliners.

Stormzy / Fred Again.. or Chems / Kasabian maybe would be my guess

I’d say she’d potentially sub the smaller main stage at randl at this point 

I agree that they’ll be looking for a female headliner just don’t think Anne-Marie will be the one. They’re all a bit left-field suggestions but candidates could be haim (maybe too small), Lana del ray (maybe too big), birdy (does she even do festivals?), wolf Alice (maybe too small again)

If not they’ll stack the undercard with acts like Mabel, Sigrid etc 

11 hours ago, Will b said:

I agree that they’ll be looking for a female headliner just don’t think Anne-Marie will be the one. They’re all a bit left-field suggestions but candidates could be haim (maybe too small), Lana del ray (maybe too big), birdy (does she even do festivals?), wolf Alice (maybe too small again)

If not they’ll stack the undercard with acts like Mabel, Sigrid etc 

I’d argue Anne marie a bigger deal than all of those bar LDR (who I think maybe is too big but we’ve had other stage headliners headline BM before so who knows). 
For the record I don’t want Anne marie to headline 

5 hours ago, gfa said:

Doing the o2 doesn't make an act headline or bust though

Oh yeah, I'm not saying that, but if Haim are being brought in the conversation for doing The O2, surely Anne-Marie is just as viable? For the record, I don't think either are very likely at all, especially as headliners, but, would say Anne-Marie would be a more popular booking than Haim. 

1 minute ago, stanh said:

Oh yeah, I'm not saying that, but if Haim are being brought in the conversation for doing The O2, surely Anne-Marie is just as viable? For the record, I don't think either are very likely at all, especially as headliners, but, would say Anne-Marie would be a more popular booking than Haim. 

I was more thinking Haim for their APE headline show to be honest

3 hours ago, stanh said:

Didn't it sell like sh*t? Suppose it doesn't matter too much, considering Boardmasters will likely sell out regardless, especially if the other 2 headliners are strong bookings.

I don't think either is particularly strong for Boardmasters but Haim are more established in bigger slots.

• Upvote 1

Haim sold out a few of those dates, but not all were arenas.

I'd argue, when faced with the quality of booking we've seen in recent years, they are a very strong sub, but given Lorde got the prod up - and Lorde intentionally played smaller venues too, which may give a warped sense of her size - they might well be credible.

Definitely the kind or artists who should be getting more headline slots, but won't. Want You Back is one of the best pop gems of the past decade.

19 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

£309 starting price for VIP is steep as hell.

best be some mega headliners 

pretty standard as a price for VIP at a major fest weekender?

a lot of the larger fests are close to that for GA tickets now