Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

Btw we should definitely grab a beer at some point this year

Like, some of us have been around for a while in this forum so it would be cool 

Yeah I'm just going home from the pub that's why i came up with this rn

Password will be 'the wet leg slot'

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Proof, if needed, that festival line-ups in 2024 have taken a turn for the worse.

I'd be so annoyed if I managed to get a ticket somehow, spend all the money on Earth to get there, eat and drink there, and then have this line up...

And we've seen Lollapalooza above... dreadful.

32 minutes ago, kristofm said:

I'd be so annoyed if I managed to get a ticket somehow, spend all the money on Earth to get there, eat and drink there, and then have this line up...

And we've seen Lollapalooza above... dreadful.

If you’d be so annoyed by the lineup you could just not pay your balance and take the ~40£ of loss. Apart from the pyramid headliners Glastonbury has a great lineup in my opinion and I’d accept most of the bands from the poster to play Sziget.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Is it possible that post covid, travel and other expenses have become too high for artist from the US and this is part of why Festivals have become so weak?

Sziget organisers complained about how much money do acts ask for a set way back before covid. Then the epidemic and record high inflation happened, also we have to take the ever decreasing value of HUF into account and then we can be certain that the financial situation of the festival has a great impact on the lineup each year. Also if you take a look at other festivals’ lineup, it’s just that kind of a year. I’m pretty sure it’s not intentionally a sh*t lineup, they try to make the best of it. 

Edited by CCester

6 hours ago, Akujin said:

Is it possible that post covid, travel and other expenses have become too high for artist from the US and this is part of why Festivals have become so weak?

Festivals over here in the States are no better this year, just look at Coachella. Really weak compared to previous years. When the biggest rumor is "will Sophie Ellis-Bextor make an appearance" is what is happening, that says a lot.  I live in between LA and Budapest, so I can tell you there is no buzz over here for festivals this year. So while inflation/expenses may well impact bookings from the States, there just is not anything exciting going on. 

Coachella reportedly tried to regroup the Talking Heads for a show. While ancient, that would have been buzzworthy. But they did not pull it off, so they regrouped No Doubt. No buzz.

This is a down year for sure, I just think this will prompt better shows next year, at least by comparison. As for Sziget, nothing there is tempting me across the pond at this time. While I do like the festival vibe and the focus on things more than music, I still need some good headliners to make the trek. Maybe next year...

Edited by gunghoglen
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Proof, if needed, that festival line-ups in 2024 have taken a turn for the worse.

FB_IMG_1710403271172.jpg

While Coldplay are huge, they are milking an album and tour that is years old already. Dua, while I like her, the new singles just are not catching on. And as for Shania Twain, I can tell you that people were literally walking out of her shows during her tour last year in the USA. (I did not go, am not a fan, but just search for it and you can find video)

Think I'd take the Sziget experience regardless of headliners over this. Glasto should have booked Rick Astley again this year..

With STMPD/Awakenings as one of the party area nights, I imagine next announcement will have a few from Julian Jordan, Seth Hills, Mesto, Dubvision, Matisse and Sadko.

Other than that we know for (almost) certain next announcement will include Liam Gallagher, Raye, Skrillex, Tom Odell, MØ, Editors and Kiasmos, correct?

Edited by iamdebrii
*Raye

Where can you see STMPD is hosting?

10 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

With STMPD/Awakenings as one of the party area nights, I imagine next announcement will have a few from Julian Jordan, Seth Hills, Mesto, Dubvision, Matisse and Sadko.

Other than that we know for (almost) certain next announcement will include Liam Gallagher, Raye, Skrillex, Tom Odell, MØ, Editors and Kiasmos, correct?

Just now, QuintenH said:

Where can you see STMPD is hosting?

A few people on Reddit received a newsletter saying that the Party Arena nights will be hosted as follows:

ELROW - 7th August, Q-dance - 8th August, Awakenings - 9th August, STMPD - 10th August, Next Level & Rampage - 11th August, Be Massive - 12th August

12 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

A few people on Reddit received a newsletter saying that the Party Arena nights will be hosted as follows:

ELROW - 7th August, Q-dance - 8th August, Awakenings - 9th August, STMPD - 10th August, Next Level & Rampage - 11th August, Be Massive - 12th August

Wow, STMPD and ELROW makes me really happy. Maybe a a small suprise set from Martin garrix. Because he is on the island that day and he is part of that label. He also did it at Amsterdam Dance Event. 🙂

39 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Are we certain on Skrillex? Is this just from Leaks' post of the alien face or have there been other clues I've missed?

30 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

How do you get there emails, do you have to sign up for something orrr?

2 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Are we certain on Skrillex? Is this just from Leaks' post of the alien face or have there been other clues I've missed?

The emoji, the Sziget-sized gap in his schedule and a whole lot of wishful thinking 🥲

1 minute ago, festivv345 said:

How do you get there emails, do you have to sign up for something orrr?

It was sent to the e-mail we purchased this year's tickets on

• Like 1