Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

7 hours ago, acidstorm523 said:

if anyone can advise… I’ve got Distil page checker, but when I put in the URL it reverts to checking the login page. Also , does it detect changes in the drop down menu? Or do I have to adjust that in a setting? 

saw one mention that it wasn’t certain whether spaces come up as people cancel. 
im wondering whether I’m wasting my time randomly checking when nobody is in the office to put returned places on! 😂 does a person manually re-list them could they trickle on at any time? 
thanks in advance for any help.. looking forward to meeting folk in the fields! 

I don't know about configuring Distil or other 3rd-party page checkers as I had my own strategy.

However I did take an interest in what happened last year with places becoming available.
After the initial Day One sell-out/carnage, I think Oxfam mostly/entirely took to storing up the returned places, and there may have been none until the main batch release in early May 2023, after the SeeTickets resale.
[Perhaps someone can confirm whether any places turned up during this time ?]

After that, Glastonbury places turned up now and again and there was another large-ish batch release out of office hours in mid-May.  And then sporadic places thereafter continuing into June.

In summary, the two batch releases were both out-of hours, and the odd places were largely during office hours.
I can see how this might only partially help !

1 minute ago, This_Fields_Good said:

I don't know about configuring Distil or other 3rd-party page checkers as I had my own strategy.

However I did take an interest in what happened last year with places becoming available.
After the initial Day One sell-out/carnage, I think Oxfam mostly/entirely took to storing up the returned places, and there may have been none until the main batch release in early May 2023, after the SeeTickets resale.
[Perhaps someone can confirm whether any places turned up during this time ?]

After that, Glastonbury places turned up now and again and there was another large-ish batch release out of office hours in mid-May.  And then sporadic places thereafter continuing into June.

In summary, the two batch releases were both out-of hours, and the odd places were largely during office hours.
I can see how this might only partially help !

That’s actually really useful thank you. You might have just saved me 4 months of checking in pointless hope! I got the impression that what you say must be the case… but… you know 😂🤪 I can just walk away now and put my efforts in closer to the time! 

13 hours ago, acidstorm523 said:

I just tried it on my laptop, again it took me to the login page, and after logging it says the page is blocked, so perhaps Oxfam is now trying to stop the checking

Was this using the browser extension? I've not tried it yet, but another fail trying on a laptop this morning using the distil web page

Just now, thewomble said:

Was this using the browser extension? I've not tried it yet, but another fail trying on a laptop this morning using the distil web page

I think I used the web app with the windows symbol. It said there was an Opera extension but I couldn’t see a specific download for that. So no, I don’t think a browser extension although that’s what I was trying for! 
I really wanted to get it on my phone ideally , presumably my laptop would need to be on all the time otherwise? 

5 minutes ago, acidstorm523 said:

I think I used the web app with the windows symbol. It said there was an Opera extension but I couldn’t see a specific download for that. So no, I don’t think a browser extension although that’s what I was trying for! 
I really wanted to get it on my phone ideally , presumably my laptop would need to be on all the time otherwise? 

Ah ok. There's a Chrome extension but currently in the office and not sure if I dare install it on my work laptop haha. I'm absolutely useless with this kind of stuff... but currently having a look through last years volunteering thread for tips, I think you can set the browser extension up on your laptop and have it ping directly to your phone if something comes up. But yeah that would mean leaving your laptop on all the time, probably something worth looking at nearer the time though

1 minute ago, thewomble said:

Ah ok. There's a Chrome extension but currently in the office and not sure if I dare install it on my work laptop haha. I'm absolutely useless with this kind of stuff... but currently having a look through last years volunteering thread for tips, I think you can set the browser extension up on your laptop and have it ping directly to your phone if something comes up. But yeah that would mean leaving your laptop on all the time, probably something worth looking at nearer the time though

We are the blind leading the blind 😂

I think there is time to fiddle and get it set up for after the resale and any batch releases

ill post any extension install successes here! 

11 minutes ago, thewomble said:

😮 wasn’t expecting this so soon!

Good luck guys fingers crossed for us all!!!! Would be nice to be able to relax knowing it was sorted haha

I’m relieved I don’t need to keep refreshing it 😂 I set up a page checker but it doesn’t seem to be working so I’ve spent hours manually refreshing it LOL. Will stand down until 2:15 pm tomorrow 🍀🤞 Wishing you the best of luck 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deadponyclub said:

I’m guessing these are cancelled spaces from people who bagged a spot last week rather than a new set of spaces they were holding back 🤔. I know there were a few who got charged for 2 x deposits etc and those spaces will have gone back into the pot

Yeah the fact it's against several festivals suggests it's housekeeping once the dust has settled.

• Like 2

I’m really stressed about it 😂 never known anything like the nerves associated with Glastonbury haha. 

Anyone who’s been successful got any words of wisdom for us? Or are we going with refresh, pray and hope we get lucky? 

16 minutes ago, thewomble said:

I’m really stressed about it 😂 never known anything like the nerves associated with Glastonbury haha. 

Anyone who’s been successful got any words of wisdom for us? Or are we going with refresh, pray and hope we get lucky? 

F5, pray and if you can use Apple or Google Pay to speed up the payment process!

5 minutes ago, deadponyclub said:

F5, pray and if you can use Apple or Google Pay to speed up the payment process!

I don't believe the payment speed is important - if you get thru it reserves the place for a few minutes - but I can't fault the F5 and praying business !

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, acidstorm523 said:

We are the blind leading the blind 😂

I think there is time to fiddle and get it set up for after the resale and any batch releases

ill post any extension install successes here! 

This is the one I use - https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/page-monitor/ogeebjpdeabhncjpfhgdibjajcajepgg?pli=1  I am monitoring https://myfestivals.oxfam.org.uk/Signup/FestivalRole and the screenshot shows my settings. It's currently running a check every 5 seconds. I hope this helps! It's worth setting up tomorrow in case there are some blips in Oxfam's time schedule when they release the extra places! Good luck!

Screenshot 2024-02-05 192824.png

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

This is the one I use - https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/page-monitor/ogeebjpdeabhncjpfhgdibjajcajepgg?pli=1  I am monitoring https://myfestivals.oxfam.org.uk/Signup/FestivalRole and the screenshot shows my settings. It's currently running a check every 5 seconds. I hope this helps! It's worth setting up tomorrow in case there are some blips in Oxfam's time schedule when they release the extra places! Good luck!

Screenshot 2024-02-05 192824.png

Thank you millions! setting up now! 

6 minutes ago, acidstorm523 said:

Thank you millions! setting up now! 

Let me know if you manage to get it working! You will need to sign in occasionally do keep an eye on it! Fingers crossed!! 🤞

• Like 1

Just received a long email about Green Traffic control, here's a snippet: 

<name omitted> is continuing as the Area Co-ordinator for Green Fields. His feedback on the Green Traffic Crew’s performance in 2023 was very favourable. He appreciated the work and long hours put in by the whole crew in support of Green Fields and the wider festival. He really values the depth of experience and knowledge within the Green Traffic Crew and your attitude to make things work for the good of the festival.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

Let me know if you manage to get it working! You will need to sign in occasionally do keep an eye on it! Fingers crossed!! 🤞

I’ve got the page monitored, just trying to set up visualping now! 🙏🏼

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Screenshot 2024-02-05 191422.png

My laptop is my works one so I’m not sure I can do this without getting in trouble 😂

I’ve downloaded the distill app that was recommended further up the thread. It’s not alerted me to any changes so I don’t think I’ve done it right 🙈 My brain isn’t compatible with tech 😂

IMG_1447.thumb.jpeg.7820231be2b08d94d8541050e0ff36bb.jpeg

1 minute ago, BillieBobs said:

My laptop is my works one so I’m not sure I can do this without getting in trouble 😂

I’ve downloaded the distill app that was recommended further up the thread. It’s not alerted me to any changes so I don’t think I’ve done it right 🙈 My brain isn’t compatible with tech 😂

IMG_1447.thumb.jpeg.7820231be2b08d94d8541050e0ff36bb.jpeg

I don’t think it works, I tried dostil. If you look at your screenshot and the detail of what it is looking at , it seems to go to the login page. The chrome extension works!