Tent Peg Advice

BloodyJonesy

3 hours ago, Gulping Gull said:

Just get some cheap arse ones from Sports Direct, they are only pegs and it doesn't matter if they come home with you, much like the whole tent and camping chairs etc in general. Go for the cheap option so when you cant be f**ked to pack it all up on Monday you can just leave it there at minimal financial cost to yourself. 

There was a bit of an amusing trend last year of people at festivals nicking a tent peg out of the ground every time they wanted to hoof a bump of K, many of the tents around our large group were barely pegged at all by the end of Boomtown. 

The maddest lad on earth back again, so cool. Hardcore to the max yeah!

Just don't buy the screw in pegs, they only really work on soft ground.

Maybe also worth getting a nylon mallet as these last forever, and in my view work well with the straight metal pile-driver type pegs (ones with the plastic hook ends).

53 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Aye, it's how you can tell the school holidays are here 😉

It's not the school holidays mate, and no one is impressed with your little joke. I'm pondering what other gems you have in your repetoire, maybe the brilliant and original "I bet you're fun at parties" quip? Or do you regale your Oxfam steward chums of the heady, hilarious time you went around Glastonbury shouting "Alan!", even though you didn't even know anyone called Alan? 

2 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

It's not the school holidays mate, and no one is impressed with your little joke. I'm pondering what other gems you have in your repetoire, maybe the brilliant and original "I bet you're fun at parties" quip? Or do you regale your Oxfam steward chums of the heady, hilarious time you went around Glastonbury shouting "Alan!", even though you didn't even know anyone called Alan? 

Better than doing what ever the f**k you think is fun. 

2 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

Probably not at school to be fair

I get more of a "soft lad went to uni and tried his first pill at the age of 20 and now thinks they're an absolute legend" vibe from them

15 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

I'm pondering what other gems you have in your repetoire

What, like "I'm so cool I don't even take my tent home" or "I'm so hard I don't buy a ticket"? At least try some original trolling 😂

8 minutes ago, Simsy said:

What, like "I'm so cool I don't even take my tent home" or "I'm so hard I don't buy a ticket"? At least try some original trolling 😂

What is ridiculous is people like you thinking that people are 'trolling' because they admit to such things. Are you that incredibly thick, naive or like to put your fingers in your ears and go 'la la la' to carry this ideology that both those things do not happen at Glastonbury on a large scale? If not, then wise up and stop labelling others because they do not fit your narrative. 

6 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

What is ridiculous is people like you thinking that people are 'trolling' because they admit to such things. Are you that incredibly thick, naive or like to put your fingers in your ears and go 'la la la' to carry this ideology that both those things do not happen at Glastonbury on a large scale? If not, then wise up and stop labelling others because they do not fit your narrative. 

You don't seem to get it, noone has any real issue with it, it's the fact that you think you're too cool for school because of it that makes you look pathetic

(I know, I know, don't feed the trolls)

2 hours ago, Gulping Gull said:

Everything you speculated about has been wrong. 

You came to annoy others and merely made yourself look stupid and an object of pity.