Football 2023/24

charlierc

27 minutes ago, thetime said:

Last 2 seasons

Klopp 3rd and 5th

Rodgers 2nd and 6th

Don't see much difference there. 

well then i think you're deluding yourself and not looking at the wider picture. Rodgers won 0 trophies in a few years, Klopp has won a good chunk. There's a reason Liverpool fans are gutted Klopp is going and why Rodgers got sacked. 

21 minutes ago, thetime said:

Poch leaving chelsea, tuchel back maybe.

Sky Germany yesterday were saying Tuchel to Chelsea or Manchester United.

Certainly I'd be more convinced by either of those than the idea of one of them pinching Kieran McKenna from Ipswich which feels like a promotion too soon.

Saying that, the increasingly confused Bayern Munich apparently want Vincent Kompany, fresh off the back of 19th place with Burnley. So f**k if I know what's going on.

3 hours ago, thetime said:

Last 2 seasons

Klopp 3rd and 5th

Rodgers 2nd and 6th

Don't see much difference there. 

The sequence means a lot though. Rodgers got 2nd in 2014, screwed up the rebuild after they sold Suarez, took them to 6th and I think was actually in the bottom half when told to go away a few weeks into 2015/16.

Liverpool did under-perform last season, sure, but 3rd with 15 more points than last season and a Carabao Cup is quite respectable this campaign, particularly when one considers they have a whole new midfield and serial xG underperformer Darwin Nunez putting chances in the stands every week.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Liverpool did under-perform last season, sure, but 3rd with 15 more points than last season and a Carabao Cup is quite respectable this campaign, particularly when one considers they have a whole new midfield and serial xG underperformer Darwin Nunez putting chances in the stands every week.

Yes very respectful.

Not the greatest manager in the world that Liverpool fans think.

That's the where I think the issue is, Liverpool fans eh. Not like them lot to over react.

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Yes very respectful.

Not the greatest manager in the world that Liverpool fans think.

That's the where I think the issue is, Liverpool fans eh. Not like them lot to over react.

i think a lot of that love is cos he got the club and the fans and the city.

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

He certainly knew the right things to say and do. I'm sure he will do the same at his next club. I'm not saying liverpool fans are stupid, well yeah.

40 minutes ago, Neil said:

To me the key thing is that connection. The majority of football fans don’t judge players/managers purely on trophies won because we support teams who rarely win them. I’m approaching mid 40s and when I started watching football Liverpool dominance was just starting to wane. If you’re a Liverpool fan younger than 40 you probably don’t remember the periods of domination.

Klopp connected with Liverpool fans and that probably means more than an extra couple of trophies. From a personal perspective I liked him at first, but found he got more annoying as the years went on.

Just now, pink_triangle said:

From a personal perspective I liked him at first, but found he got more annoying as the years went on.

same here he became a bit like wenger " i didn't see it!"

not like that but annoying like that.

39 minutes ago, thetime said:

He certainly knew the right things to say and do. I'm sure he will do the same at his next club. I'm not saying liverpool fans are stupid, well yeah.

you'd take advice if you can, cos the wrong word would have smashed things.

I'd have him ahead of Sir Alex Ferguson'

Gary Lineker, Micah Richards and Alan Shearer discuss how good Pep Guardiola is on the latest episode of Match of the Day top 10.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

I'd have him ahead of Sir Alex Ferguson'

Gary Lineker, Micah Richards and Alan Shearer discuss how good Pep Guardiola is on the latest episode of Match of the Day top 10.

You could argue both should of won more at champions league level. Ancelotti has to be in the equation with winning 5 and leagues in the top 4 leagues in Europe. 

Pep needs to take on a unfancied side, certainly one that hasn't all the cards stacked. 

54 minutes ago, thetime said:

You could argue both should of won more at champions league level. Ancelotti has to be in the equation with winning 5 and leagues in the top 4 leagues in Europe. 

Pep needs to take on a unfancied side, certainly one that hasn't all the cards stacked. 

True I don't think pep has proven anything for his ability. Give it five years after the arabs have stopped doping the club and see where they are?

5 hours ago, thetime said:

It's possible that he might leave Man City at the end of his contract at the end of next season, and Pep has said a few times he wants to manage in a World Cup before he retires. So that day of seeing Pep try something else to Man City's bottomless money pit could be sooner than we think.

Wonder how many people who've committed to going to the Euros for the duration now have to go through the process of arranging postal votes.

Might be similar for the British Grand Prix F1 crowd tbf, given the July 4th date is on the day Kings of Leon are meant to be playing a pre-race gig at Silverstone as part of the weekend.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Neil said:

can we please have fat frank back to chelsea. 😛 

I'd be surprised if they made that mistake again... again.

Puzzled as to what they're hoping to achieve by getting rid of Pochettino tbh. He did something impressive to haul that rabble to P6 and show there is actually decent potential there for next season, and now Chelsea have decided to throw it in the bin already.

Edited by charlierc

35 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I'd be surprised if they made that mistake again... again.

Puzzled as to what they're hoping to achieve by getting rid of Pochettino tbh. He did something impressive to haul that rabble to P6 and show there is actually decent potential there for next season, and now Chelsea have decided to throw it in the bin already.

frank is available, and probably wont be worse than pouch.

37 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Wonder how many people who've committed to going to the Euros for the duration now have to go through the process of arranging postal votes.

Might be similar for the British Grand Prix F1 crowd tbf, given the July 4th date is on the day Kings of Leon are meant to be playing a pre-race gig at Silverstone as part of the weekend.

as it happens, i applied for a postal vote yesterday.