Lost ticket / Box Office

Peter_Quaife

Hello all... Our group is a bit of a bind atm. One of the group members has lost their ticket, discovered this on Friday when started the packing. House has been turned upside down and unfortunately there's no sign of it. The search continues of course. 

An email has been sent to See Tickets with all supporting documentation Inc screenshot of the booking confirmation from the initial sale in November, all screenshot of deposits paid with reg numbers, postcodes, screenshot of the final payment in April, a pic of the ticket which arrived to Ireland on the 1st June. Policy seems to be that no lost tickets will be replaced. 

We fly in to Bristol and pick up our camper on Wednesday at noon. Should we all proceed and make our way to the box office @ PGA? Is it possible to drive in a camper to the box office if we're booked into the Campervan fields? Apologies for the lengthy post, stress levels are high and not what they should be on the home straight to our first Glastonbury festival. Any advice welcomed with open arms. 

Thanks in advance 

30 minutes ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Hello all... Our group is a bit of a bind atm. One of the group members has lost their ticket, discovered this on Friday when started the packing. House has been turned upside down and unfortunately there's no sign of it. The search continues of course. 

An email has been sent to See Tickets with all supporting documentation Inc screenshot of the booking confirmation from the initial sale in November, all screenshot of deposits paid with reg numbers, postcodes, screenshot of the final payment in April, a pic of the ticket which arrived to Ireland on the 1st June. Policy seems to be that no lost tickets will be replaced. 

We fly in to Bristol and pick up our camper on Wednesday at noon. Should we all proceed and make our way to the box office @ PGA? Is it possible to drive in a camper to the box office if we're booked into the Campervan fields? Apologies for the lengthy post, stress levels are high and not what they should be on the home straight to our first Glastonbury festival. Any advice welcomed with open arms. 

Thanks in advance 

Having read the lost ticket policy it is clear that a lost ticket will not be replaced and no ticket means no entry. Having stated this clearly a trip to the box office to plead the case seems futile as they will apply policy. The box office is for ticket collection and there will be no ticket for your friend to collect. If they did encourage people to turn up claiming to have tickets but lost them the system would be open to abuse. 

Unless someone who has been in a similar situation can report a positive outcome, then travel by your lost ticket friend will only result in huge disappointment. Sorry but it seems he/she is f**ked.

Ps.  It's not possible for the public to drive to gate A and there is no free parking (all laybys and side roads closed with marshals) within a mile or more of the festival. 

7 minutes ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Ah no, that doesn't make for great, reading, thanks for the reply 👍. Though, in genuine cases, and this couldn't be anymore genuine, surely there is something that can be done to rectify this situation? 

Your best hope is to find the ticket. Contacting See is a good idea but prepare for disappointment. Official policies are very hard to overturn. 

Maybe tweet Emily Eavis?

4 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Your best hope is to find the ticket. Contacting See is a good idea but prepare for disappointment. Official policies are very hard to overturn. 

Maybe tweet Emily Eavis?

Thanks Lycra, will do. Appreciate the reply. Just seems with flights booked, campervan booked, airport carparking time off work, tickets paid etc etc there's a good chance nothing can be done. Could See not just cancel this ticket and issue a replacement for collection? Hoping it all works out 

13 minutes ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Thanks Lycra, will do. Appreciate the reply. Just seems with flights booked, campervan booked, airport carparking time off work, tickets paid etc etc there's a good chance nothing can be done. Could See not just cancel this ticket and issue a replacement for collection? Hoping it all works out 

Only See can tell you. Only glasto lost ticket reports/posts I can recall that have had positive outcome end with "I've found it"

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Having a photo of the ticket may help as it proves entitlement but at the same time also turns into a negative as it proves delivery. Safekeeping of the ticket being the responsibility of recipient.

9 hours ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Ah no, that doesn't make for great, reading, thanks for the reply 👍. Though, in genuine cases, and this couldn't be anymore genuine, surely there is something that can be done to rectify this situation? 

The problem is that they've got absolutely no viable way of distinguishing genuine cases from people trying to abuse the system.

9 hours ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Could See not just cancel this ticket and issue a replacement for collection?

And worse, no mechanism by which they could cancel a ticket once issued.

2 hours ago, incident said:

The problem is that they've got absolutely no viable way of distinguishing genuine cases from people trying to abuse the system.

And worse, no mechanism by which they could cancel a ticket once issued.

Their dream is over by the looks and sounds of it.  That's 1 seriously expensive mishap, never mind the mental anguish and stress. 

On 6/18/2023 at 11:24 PM, Peter_Quaife said:

Their dream is over by the looks and sounds of it.  That's 1 seriously expensive mishap, never mind the mental anguish and stress. 

Sorry PQ, i can speak from experience, they wont get in without a ticket. There is no exceptions made.

I just forgot my tickets one year and could show the actual ticket on facetime, have proof of purchase and everything else you could imagine 

The answer at the box office was eventually a very strong no.

Best bet is to find the ticket, if thats impossible then I'd advise drinking heavily over the weekend in a dark room. 

Really feel like this shouldn't be an issue in 2023.

Each ticket should have it's own unique code that's scanned in on entry. If no entry is logged yet, a new one is issued. It's just basic tech and I can't see what positives can possibly come from negating a process like this and just using the physical tickets themselves.

3 hours ago, Mark Greensmith said:

Really feel like this shouldn't be an issue in 2023.

Each ticket should have it's own unique code that's scanned in on entry. If no entry is logged yet, a new one is issued. It's just basic tech and I can't see what positives can possibly come from negating a process like this and just using the physical tickets themselves.

Scenario

Person turns up claiming to have lost ticket. Old one cancelled as no entry logged. New ticket issued and entry granted. Some time later person turns up with the genuine and now cancelled ticket and is refused entry. 

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Scenario

Person turns up claiming to have lost ticket. Old one cancelled as no entry logged. New ticket issued and entry granted. Some time later person turns up with the genuine and now cancelled ticket and is refused entry. 

Possibility I admit, but that would require person w/o ticket blagging to the ticket office that they're the person who's ticket is lost. They should be rigorous in their checks that the person standing in front of them is the person who purchased the ticket.

For such a tightly organised festival, I just feel there's definitely a better way to handle tickets than the current process.

8 hours ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Sorry PQ, i can speak from experience, they wont get in without a ticket. There is no exceptions made.

I just forgot my tickets one year and could show the actual ticket on facetime, have proof of purchase and everything else you could imagine 

The answer at the box office was eventually a very strong no.

Best bet is to find the ticket, if thats impossible then I'd advise drinking heavily over the weekend in a dark room. 

Did you manage to go back and get in eventually? I’d be heartbroken!

12 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Did you manage to go back and get in eventually? I’d be heartbroken!

My brother in law drove down with the tickets from liverpool and I drove up. We met half way. 

got set up on site about 12 hours after originally arriving 🙈

will check my tickets before leaving today