Corona Capital 2023

DDave

3 hours ago, Enkidu said:

Any standouts for you?

Day one - Brittany Howard, Caroline Rose, Fleet Foxes, Hives, Hot Chip, Phoenix Roosevelt, Soccer Mommy, UMO, Yard Act. 

Day Two - Fever Ray, Jungle, Kasabian, Metronomy, Neil Frances, Parcels

Day Three - Arlo Parks, Feist, Noel G, Sylvan Esso, Tennis. 

Day one is absolutely outstanding. 

• Upvote 1

Just been looking at the tickets as they've just gone on sale and they seem to have rocketed up in price almost immediately.  Started at £200 and now at £400.  Seems to be lots of locals really annoyed about it.  Seriously considering going to this but not sure how legit it all is seeing what's just happened.  Anyone been before and can shed any light?

On 6/9/2023 at 10:41 PM, HappyWednesday said:

Just been looking at the tickets as they've just gone on sale and they seem to have rocketed up in price almost immediately.  Started at £200 and now at £400.  Seems to be lots of locals really annoyed about it.  Seriously considering going to this but not sure how legit it all is seeing what's just happened.  Anyone been before and can shed any light?

Seem like they do ticket pricing in tiers, like many festivals. Just checked and 2 tickets are £740ish currently.

Really hovering over the buy button and making a big trip out of it.

13 hours ago, HappyWednesday said:

Ended up taking the plunge and getting tickets for it.  £330 in the end.  Seems to be very little information around about it however so I'm hoping more will be released about it on the website in the coming months!

I keep trying to get tickets but card keeps getting declined even though we've approving the transaction with the bank. Seems a lot of folks are struggling if they haven't got a Mexican bank account and you are only the 2nd person i've heard that's managed it.  Did you have to do any work-arounds because i've exhausted all my options?

On 6/15/2023 at 10:12 AM, splinterbungee said:

I keep trying to get tickets but card keeps getting declined even though we've approving the transaction with the bank. Seems a lot of folks are struggling if they haven't got a Mexican bank account and you are only the 2nd person i've heard that's managed it.  Did you have to do any work-arounds because i've exhausted all my options?

Sorry for the tardy response.  I got mine using an Amex and had no trouble going straight through.  Maybe it's easier on a credit card than a debit card?  Still searching for a bit more information on the whole thing though!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 9:53 PM, HappyWednesday said:

Sorry for the tardy response.  I got mine using an Amex and had no trouble going straight through.  Maybe it's easier on a credit card than a debit card?  Still searching for a bit more information on the whole thing though!

Had the same issue but eventually got tickets. They had an insane lineup last year as well but couldn't get tickets. 

Wondered if anyone had gone and any advice as it all seems to be a bit silent.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 10:25 PM, scuzzboy said:

We've just booked this too. Significant birthday in November. 

Sean from Drowned in Sound went a few years ago and wrote this review...

https://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4149611

Thanks for sharing this, sounds amazing.  Hopefully it hasn’t changed much since this was written.  We’re going out on the Wednesday so seems like the pyramids are worth checking out before the festival starts.

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, HappyWednesday said:

Well, setting off for this tomorrow.  Not sure anyone else on here ended up getting tickets.  If so, then hope you have a good one and maybe we'll bump into each other somehow!

Have a great time. Hope the festival and Mexico is as good as the lineup!