Sticklinch Tent Positions

ceetee

I'm staying in Sticklinch again this year, but in a Yurt instead of a Bell Tent. Can anyone remember (or still have the email from last year) which colour area the Yurts are in? (Bell tents were in yellow)

Screenshot2022-06-21at22.34.38.png

I've found this photo, but can't really make out the tent types.

image.png.0f347bf049d83378eab484297edbc037.png

1 hour ago, FatAmmy said:

How bout the podpads?

The podpads at sticklinch last year, were over by the Green reception in the far field.

Attached is the info I was given.

SL_22.pdf

Edited by 2019
Missed the attachment

If they're in the same place, and you mean two person, it will be Purple. Mine was about where the e in purple is, on that map. I've circled it on the map.

There may be more Yurts. We arrived at about noon on Wednesday.

image.png.3c71f55adda2842a2661519e8d7b4441.png

They are spacious and comfortable. Especially for one. You'll love it.

On 5/26/2023 at 2:50 PM, ukmountie said:

If they're in the same place, and you mean two person, it will be Purple. Mine was about where the e in purple is, on that map. I've circled it on the map.

There may be more Yurts. We arrived at about noon on Wednesday.

image.png.3c71f55adda2842a2661519e8d7b4441.png

They are spacious and comfortable. Especially for one. You'll love it.

Do you have any tips as we are staying in one this year? I think the top part has a transparent bit , is that right? May not want to be hit by a ray of light in the morning...

2 hours ago, moogster said:

Do you have any tips as we are staying in one this year? I think the top part has a transparent bit , is that right? May not want to be hit by a ray of light in the morning...

There was a transparent bit at the top, but it didn't let in so much light that it was a problem. We were traveling by coach last year, so had to carry everything from Gate A. If you're doing that first tip is to drop non-essentials at the lock-up by Gate A and make more than one trip.

* Small light clipped to the center of the roof is super handy.
* A small tarp or mat for outside the door is handy so you don't have to take your boots off inside.
* If it's sunny they still get hot. If you are planning a late start open your door when you first wake up to keep the air moving.
* A flag, LED lights or similar to identify your Yurt. Even if you think you know which one is yours they look surprisingly similar at 3am and you don't want to stumble into the wrong one.
* Toilets look really busy first thing, but the queues move fast.
* Showers got very busy in the morning. Go have a wander and come back about noon and they will be quiet. Or just go back to sleep if it's been a late one.
* Bring light breakfast food and coffee/tea. The stalls in SL were busy and a bit expensive. Better if you can fortify yourself then get food/drink in the festival.
* Same as the rest of the festival. Talk to your neighbours. Yurts don't lock so having someone who can keep an eye is handy, and visa versa of course.

I liked staying there, and liked the Yurt. It was very comfortable. I didn't like the walk up from Gate A, but that may not affect you if you're driving. For me it was the wrong end of the festival and I found the walks in and out a bit long, but if you're a Park, Arcadia person it's perfect.

Have a great time. You'll love it.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ukmountie said:

There was a transparent bit at the top, but it didn't let in so much light that it was a problem. We were traveling by coach last year, so had to carry everything from Gate A. If you're doing that first tip is to drop non-essentials at the lock-up by Gate A and make more than one trip.

* Small light clipped to the center of the roof is super handy.
* A small tarp or mat for outside the door is handy so you don't have to take your boots off inside.
* If it's sunny they still get hot. If you are planning a late start open your door when you first wake up to keep the air moving.
* A flag, LED lights or similar to identify your Yurt. Even if you think you know which one is yours they look surprisingly similar at 3am and you don't want to stumble into the wrong one.
* Toilets look really busy first thing, but the queues move fast.
* Showers got very busy in the morning. Go have a wander and come back about noon and they will be quiet. Or just go back to sleep if it's been a late one.
* Bring light breakfast food and coffee/tea. The stalls in SL were busy and a bit expensive. Better if you can fortify yourself then get food/drink in the festival.
* Same as the rest of the festival. Talk to your neighbours. Yurts don't lock so having someone who can keep an eye is handy, and visa versa of course.

I liked staying there, and liked the Yurt. It was very comfortable. I didn't like the walk up from Gate A, but that may not affect you if you're driving. For me it was the wrong end of the festival and I found the walks in and out a bit long, but if you're a Park, Arcadia person it's perfect.

Have a great time. You'll love it.

Brilliant, thanks! We've been at Worthy view a few times but 1st time in SL in a Yurt. Coaching it too! But we walked to WV last year from gat A so can't be much worse/we travel only with what we can carry on our back. We have a nice little camping light that will look just right in the yurt and our usual little tent  flag (a green koi carp, if anyone wants to say hello)  is ready 🙂 I was wondering about a little outdoor tarp indeed. Must dig in the shed for that.

We enjoyed Sticklinch last year- we had 4 of us in a 4 person Bell Tent (the white canvas bells not the Glastonbury Bell).. and it was very spacious and pleasant. The walk is quite long, but maybe a little quicker with no Cineramageddon this year. Anyway, yes it was yellow reception for us. Sorry that's not actually any help!

Edited by Boris

1 hour ago, moogster said:

Brilliant, thanks! We've been at Worthy view a few times but 1st time in SL in a Yurt. Coaching it too! But we walked to WV last year from gat A so can't be much worse/we travel only with what we can carry on our back. We have a nice little camping light that will look just right in the yurt and our usual little tent  flag (a green koi carp, if anyone wants to say hello)  is ready 🙂 I was wondering about a little outdoor tarp indeed. Must dig in the shed for that.

You walked to Worthy View from Gate A. Respect!, but you did know there was a shuttle bus?

The walk isn't that bad, just not well sign posted so have a plan. Mostly flat and metal track most of the way in case it's muddy, which of course it won't be. Have water with you in case it's a hot one.

I managed it with an 85litre backpack and my sleeping bag. Left a bag of beer in the lockup. I'm 60 and very out of shape, so younger and fitter will have no problem.

5 minutes ago, ukmountie said:

You walked to Worthy View from Gate A. Respect!, but you did know there was a shuttle bus?

The walk isn't that bad, just not well sign posted so have a plan. Mostly flat and metal track most of the way in case it's muddy, which of course it won't be. Have water with you in case it's a hot one.

I managed it with an 85litre backpack and my sleeping bag. Left a bag of beer in the lockup. I'm 60 and very out of shape, so younger and fitter will have no problem.

Oh yes. One year we didn't feel like waiting, last year we parked at WV but needed tickets from the box office, so took the shuttle but walked back because we just wanted to be IN. We don't carry food and almost no booze so it's ok. Travelling internationally does push you to pack light 🙂

• 5 months later...