Flag Poles (for camp, not stages)

Franky

15 hours ago, Franky said:

I’ve sent them a message on Amazon. Dunno if that will get answered 🤷‍♂️

Have you done the same? 

No, I've got the lmited tracking that they've enabled. Form what I can tell, it entered a  distribution centre in China and disappeared. Looking at the dates, I should get refunded and be able to reorder in time (from one of the other companies (all in China)). Amazon added a week on to the dates given effectively 'to see if it turns up'.  This cuts it fine.

If all else fails, it'll be the standard pirate flag...

I used a company called Banner Buzz and had this turn up today. Ordered it less than 2 weeks ago. Just uploaded a photo from Google images and put my own text over it on the site. Make sure to know how many pixels your saved image is and that it will be big enough for your flag. This images was off the top of my head 4000 pixels by like 3000 pixels which was plenty big enough for a 3 foot by 2 foot flag. However most photos on Google images aren't actually that big. 

This cost me £15.08 including delivery. Printed one side

IMG_20230530_164128_edit_357109095480386.jpg

IMG_20230530_164833.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 4:11 PM, Franky said:

I’ve sent them a message on Amazon. Dunno if that will get answered 🤷‍♂️

Have you done the same? 

Our flag has arrived. Not lost after all. Looks fantastic. It did take extra days to arrive, amazon were hours from refunding me. Now it's here! Flag for our camp - Blue pig.

FlagHere.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fil said:

Our flag has arrived. Not lost after all. Looks fantastic. It did take extra days to arrive, amazon were hours from refunding me. Now it's here! Flag for our camp - Blue pig.

FlagHere.jpg

I shall look out for it. That’s a hell of a design compared to mine 😂😂 what was the total order time to delivery in the end please buddy. 

I nabbed a 6M Brookite one and it’s really decent. It’s just for the tent as every time I’ve been, someone’s had a flag really close to my tent and it’s been a lifesaver. Don’t want to risk that not being the case this year. 

I am a bit worried about the flag itself though. Used the same Amazon on demand service as suggested and delivery is due on the 19th!!!

1 minute ago, PocketTim said:

I nabbed a 6M Brookite one and it’s really decent. It’s just for the tent as every time I’ve been, someone’s had a flag really close to my tent and it’s been a lifesaver. Don’t want to risk that not being the case this year. 

I am a bit worried about the flag itself though. Used the same Amazon on demand service as suggested and delivery is due on the 19th!!!

Will keep you updated on how mine is going. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Franky said:

I shall look out for it. That’s a hell of a design compared to mine 😂😂 what was the total order time to delivery in the end please buddy. 

28 days ! Also, I've just noticed that the flag has a long seam for the pole but not the ring/eye holes top and bottom, so I've got to think how to get it to stay at the top of the pole. I think i'm going to have to sew something! Looks amazing though. It'll be worth it in the end.

• Like 1

Wanted to get a flag printed but any idea I can come up with pales in this comparison to this absolute banger that made waves at a Charli XCX show last year 

Screenshot_20220521-130840.thumb.png.0a11c70d6c7fa8bdac97bd10ff28242f.png

(Trans Pride flag with a pic of Princess Diana and "Ar Di x" written on it)

We always used a 7M approx pole. I never extended the last metre because it was too whippy. I would cable tie the eyelet to the pole and gaffer tape the cable tie on- top and bottom. Never came off. Remember a string of solar LED lights all the way from the top down too. It would spin ok- but not as well as a proper flag spinner thingymajob obviously.

Edited by Boris

9 hours ago, Franky said:

I chose eyelets 🙏

9 hours ago, The Pompey Mascot said:

A good point. I purposely chose the option with the flag sleeve rather than eyelets. Will eyelets be easier then? 

@Franky I thought I did too...

@The Pompey Mascot How do you plan to keep the flag from slipping down the pole? 

I was had a kit, which was purfect. The other option I considered was to sew a bit of rope with a knot in it to form a eyelette to thread a flag bungee through. (Top and bottom). Not sure how good my skills would be on that. But I think it would work. Burning plastic rope ends would stop it unravelling.

I've always had an eyelette to work with. I've used the ring at the top of the pole and a couple of keyring fobs rings (IYKWIM) and tape before now. I've never had a problem with using the thin part of the pole. If it is strong enough for a fish, should be ok for a flag and a bit of wind.

41 minutes ago, Fil said:

@Franky I thought I did too...

@The Pompey Mascot How do you plan to keep the flag from slipping down the pole? 

I was had a kit, which was purfect. The other option I considered was to sew a bit of rope with a knot in it to form a eyelette to thread a flag bungee through. (Top and bottom). Not sure how good my skills would be on that. But I think it would work. Burning plastic rope ends would stop it unravelling.

I've always had an eyelette to work with. I've used the ring at the top of the pole and a couple of keyring fobs rings (IYKWIM) and tape before now. I've never had a problem with using the thin part of the pole. If it is strong enough for a fish, should be ok for a flag and a bit of wind.

The sleeve for mine is only open at one end. The top is closed if you get me. Although my concern would still be the flag taking flight and flying off the end of the pole. Haven't bought a pole yet but that's next on the list and I'll experiment 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StuwieG said:

First time flag bringer...

Ordered a flag pole and a ground stake thing. 

How do I attach the flag pole to the ground stake thing? Seems well too big?

it just slips over the ground stake. I used a broomstick for a few years. You'll be fine.